Powerplay PVP Etiquette / Best Practice

I'm unlikely to attack anyone who doesn't attack me first; however, if you attack me first I'm going to hit you with every sucker punch, nut kick, hair pull, eye gouge, and nipple twist I know --- and heaven help you if you go down because that is when the kicking starts.

When I come for someone I don't want them to have options, I don't want them to think it was fair, and I don't want them to feel good about it afterwards. I'm going to do everything I can short of cheating to make sure that the encounter is the most lopsided, one way, unbalanced, over the top, what the hell was FDev thinking by making that possible - encounter that I can possibly manage.

Wait, the PvP community won't respect my play-style you say?

LOL

The only respect I want is this: "Oh look, Wargfoot is online... time to switch over to solo play".
I'll grant you none of that is likely to happen, but I'll be honest, that is always my goal.

So no, I don't want respect; I want to drink champagne out of my enemy's skull.
One of us, one of us * sings *

I'm unlikely to attack anyone who doesn't attack me first; however, if you attack me first I'm going to hit you with every sucker punch, nut kick, hair pull, eye gouge, and nipple twist I know --- and heaven help you if you go down because that is when the kicking starts.

When I come for someone I don't want them to have options, I don't want them to think it was fair, and I don't want them to feel good about it afterwards. I'm going to do everything I can short of cheating to make sure that the encounter is the most lopsided, one way, unbalanced, over the top, what the hell was FDev thinking by making that possible - encounter that I can possibly manage.

LOL

The only respect I want is this: "Oh look, Wargfoot is online... time to switch over to solo play".
I'll grant you none of that is likely to happen, but I'll be honest, that is always my goal.

This pleases me.

LOL

You are free to defend or attack however you want. I'll keep it in mind if I encounter you some day and we get into a battle. The ethos I posted applies to FUC members only.

Another one we use is when we are fighting under the banner of The Federal Viper Division is "no high wakes, fight until either you or your enemy is dead".

I'm still getting whacked by NPC pirates in Vultures.
So no, not one of you yet, but I hope to be one day.

There are no rules in a gank. Don't expect your targets to abide by any if you start one.
Of course not.
This (IMO at any rate) is a fundamental issue with Powerplay (stemming from ED and its recent direction in general) that has made it what it is- the perception that its 'bad' to kill without a reason.

In Powerplay, by pledging you are giving a reason to kill others who are on an opposite (and wrong) team- in ED it was (until squadrons) unique in that you had a visible pledge. There was no excuse as you wore your allegiance for all to see.

In the Beginning™ we were told that Powerplay is a struggle to survive, and that you either win or you and your Power die. It was healthy to be brutal and ruthless, and that whoever stood before you from whatever Power should be cut down like wheat. Its like Coastal Command in WW2 did not chat to U Boats, they blew them up on sight because they sunk shipping- no guy dropping depth charges ever wrote a telegram to the U Boat skipper asking him his intentions and to jolly well stop his shenanigans.

'Off pitch' in community is / was where Powerplay was social- Discords, Reddits etc- a lot of friendships from opposite ends of the ED spectrum were made in this way, but outside in space its kill or be killed- or was supposed to be.

Maybe this attitude comes from the lack of collapse and hence urgency to dominate, but either way (IMO) Powerplay is not the place for talk first / shoot after perceived or otherwise.

Isn't the description of ED "it's a cutthroat galaxy"?

In my view anyone who is pledged doesn't deserve any "newbie protection". As people who fly big three or are in Colonia or whatever.
Pledged is pledged, attack if you like.
This nonsense about "he's pledged but he doesn't really do powerplay, he's just after the modules" should go down the drain.
I'll even go a step further: regardless of being pledged, attack whomever you like, if you feel so. It's a game.
Lovely to see such a clear forthright opinion Mr Big, clearly no Grecian 2000 required here. And while I note that your ultimate view is "attack everyone" (which is cool of course) I'm curious though as to your rationale why people who "...are in Colonia or whatever" are undeserving of as you say "newbie protection"?
O7

Lovely to see such a clear forthright opinion Mr Big, clearly no Grecian 2000 required here. And while I note that your ultimate view is "attack everyone" (which is cool of course) I'm curious though as to your rationale why people who "...are in Colonia or whatever" are undeserving of as you say "newbie protection"?
O7
Not that you asked me but my view is that citizens of Colonia probably know enough about the game and engineering that they should be able to defend them selves fairly well. Besides there are quite a few player groups based in Colonia.

Supposedly. These days 'cutthroat' is more aloe vera than spurting blood.
That alone should be a warning sign for gankers :D

INB4 Wargfoot becomes the new Harry Potter.

All hail the overlord of Deciat!
I assure you that my reach well exceeds my grasp.
Tough talk on the forum is all I am at this point, and indeed, may be the extent of my grasp.

God help us all if I ever get actual power.

O7
If someone is capable of reaching Colonia, they're not a newbie any more.

The Replicated Man

T
I dunno, I've heard from some sources that Colonia, particularly Carcosa, is packed full of noobs.
I've never been, I'm just repeating what I've heard on the Discord Dev Chat.
Apparently one Fresh CMDR in a Sidewinder made the trek. Without using the Neutron Highway.

Some people are just mad.

O7
What Scree said. By travelling to Colonia in a Sidey you shouldn't be considered a noob anymore.
You're of course free to use solo/PG, but in open the case is settled. There are the newb-systems, anywhere else you are game.
Mind again, I'm no ganker, I'm coming from PG, but the game is as it is. If I were FD I would change things like security ratings, but it is as it is now.

Not pledged with me means weapons free

EDIT: Except for my Federation masters I mean, right zyadayadayada?

Last edited:
If someone is capable of reaching Colonia, they're not a newbie any more.
[/QUOTE
What Scree said. By travelling to Colonia in a Sidey you shouldn't be considered a noob anymore.
You're of course free to use solo/PG, but in open the case is settled. There are the newb-systems, anywhere else you are game.
Mind again, I'm no ganker, I'm coming from PG, but the game is as it is. If I were FD I would change things like security ratings, but it is as it is now.
Cheers and I totally get what you were saying. The reason I asked was I'm making my way out to Colonia (more for the journey than anything else) in Open and I read your comment and started to wonder what its like out there. O7

Mind again, I'm no ganker….
[rolls eyes]

I'll just leave this here:

Top Bottom