Powerplay PVP Etiquette / Best Practice

^---- UH, HELLO KARI, DO YOU SEE THIS RIGHT HERE?

Gosh, I'm starting to think if I actually did make the trip to Colonia that you'd all just take turns murdering me.
This is EXACTLY like High School where all the cool kids beat up on the lonely nerd who cannot get a date, is good at maths, but somehow looks really sweet in sunglasses.
Hey Warg, you're safe from me until Zarek or ryan or 90's order me to gank you. Big used ship salesman promise.

Hey Warg, you're safe from me until Zarek or ryan or 90's order me to gank you. Big used ship salesman promise.
Honestly, I thought Zarek was an ally of mine ever since he issued the 'too cool to kill' order on me.
That is why I assumed (wrongfully, apparently) that his zomboys would help me clean the rats out of Carcosa.

I guess being ignored is the best for which this old dog can hope.
I'll learn to be thankful for that.... I guess.

NOTES
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1: You really shouldn't waste time with my posts. I'm a noob hiding out in a private group trying to grind out Guardian missions. I'm currently an easier kill than the NPCs, I hate theory crafting ships, my go-to weapon of choice is a beam laser. Spelling the word 'Colonia' in a post is probably the closest I'll ever get to having anything to do with that part of space. I'm confessing all of this to you because of the way your avatar wears her hair. Not the sort of woman you'd want to make angry.

Her old avatar was a lot cuter (a decoy?)

Don't really agree. If they aren't used at the right moments they will either not arm, be evaded, or be mostly harmlessly expended against shields.

My CMDR is primarily concerned with survival and going about his business, not demonstrations of skill or making the experience enjoyable for actual opponents. Destroying an opponent's ship also doesn't do a whole lot in the current economy, so making them leave for repairs works just as well.

Of course, my CMDR doesn't have access to packhounds, but neither does he often feel disadvantaged by being on the receiving end of them...more often than not another railgun or PA in that hardpoint would be more useful.
Your CMDR taught me an important lesson of packhounds: its all too easy to cook myself with them. Don't be spam happy. And I'm with Wargfoot, as soon as someone says, "this [ingame item/wep/gizmo] is OP and must not be used, it rises to the top of my acquisition list. Nowadays, I save packhounds to use vs gankers. Their complaints about tactics are amusing to me (for the most part they don't complain, in fact).

You've beaten me plenty without packhounds, you don't exactly represent the playerbase my incredibly cold-blooded (I know you take that as a compliment and it is meant as one) and highly skilled friend. :) You know what I'm getting at, as you know what kind of commander mine is, too. The kind that loses wars because he isn't prepared to break his own moral code, and I can live with being 'that' guy in a video game, too. Honestly, it's rare to come across packhounds in the wild lately and it's a 'good thing' because shield tank being a semi-requirement any more than it is already would be a terrible shame.

P.S. I'll bring a proper ship to our next duel. Prepare yourself. lol.

Just use Packhounds and ignore this stray's whining. They're not anymore overpowered than Plasma Cannons, Railguns, and Frag Cannons.

Just use Packhounds and ignore this stray's whining. They're not anymore overpowered than Plasma Cannons, Railguns, and Frag Cannons.
Hot off the presses. 2 gankers discover the futility of using packhounds vs a shield tank:

The battle begins at 2:50

Your CMDR taught me an important lesson of packhounds: its all too easy to cook myself with them. Don't be spam happy. And I'm with Wargfoot, as soon as someone says, "this [ingame item/wep/gizmo] is OP and must not be used, it rises to the top of my acquisition list. Nowadays, I save packhounds to use vs gankers. Their complaints about tactics are amusing to me (for the most part they don't complain, in fact).
Krash, I have not used packhounds yet (although I have them stored away somewhere) and I see there is a lot of debate about how useful they are- how exactly do you use them?

Excuse me.
Anyone here who says that being able to fire a bunch of missiles at once is anything other than mad cool is sadly mistaken. I don't care if they're broken, they're cool.
It's only the hard-countered guys and gals who say they are broken (hull-tankers I look at you :p)
A shield-tanker laughs at them explosions...

(did I mention we need a complete balance pass?)

Krash, I have not used packhounds yet (although I have them stored away somewhere) and I see there is a lot of debate about how useful they are- how exactly do you use them?
I use them after shields drop to take out drives or other external modules. Drag munitions can be useful vs medium/small ships to slow them down. I prefer to use them in a wing if we're on the hunt for griefers. By myself, I have more effective weps for more situations.

I find hitting the self-destruct button is the best way to handle griefers.
I wish I had more to add to the discussion at this point; however, I'm on odd ordered obelisk 51 of my 101 arduous obelisk odyssey.

I use them after shields drop to take out drives or other external modules. Drag munitions can be useful vs medium/small ships to slow them down. I prefer to use them in a wing if we're on the hunt for griefers. By myself, I have more effective weps for more situations.
What is the best setup for murdering Kari in the inky blackness of deep space?
Asking for a friend.

Top Bottom