Patch Notes Update Powerplay Update 1.3.06 - incoming

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
So am i the only one having an insane amount of stuttering and lag? Despite having a really good system. I can't even play the game anymore.

Last edited:
Did you try the fix given in post #229? Worked for me and others.

I didn't, but now I took a look at this. Pretty obvious case for me.

There's a .misc file that contains exactly the config I left the game with (ship etc markers off, map set to fastest route etc). But there also was a Custom.misc file from February, that lacked some of the options and a third file StartPreset.start that just consists of "Custom", which most probably tells the game to load up the Custom.misc file. Totally emptied that file, removed Custom.misc and I will try what this brings. Backup done of the folder in beforehand. Now I'm wondering that I get a new launcher... but I'll just install it ;)

€dit: Works like a charm now - didn't even have to reconfigure :)
So the issue wasn't that it didn't save, it just loaded the wrong and outdated config file.

Thanks for the hint, very much appreciated :)

Last edited:
Ya I've read that entire thread. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed it's worse since this latest patch.

It must be a lot worse at least since 1.3 PP as some guys there claim they had stutters since early on, which I hadn't until PP.

Been fine for me.......

Well here's a thing.....I was getting a lot of stutter even when out in the black in previous 1.3 versions. Last night with 06 it was a lot lot better until I got close to the 'bubble' (returning from a short 20KLY trip). As soon as I got into the fringes the stuttering returned and continued right into the middle of the bubble. Of course it could be co-incidence but .....

Ya I've read that entire thread. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed it's worse since this latest patch.

This guy says it's worse with the latest patch: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=160637&p=2462419&viewfull=1#post2462419

But then lots of players say it gets better with a new patch and others say it gets worse. I used to think it was because FD were "trying something new", now I'm not so sure, I wonder if it has something to do with the server you log on to. I promised myself I wouldn't try and second guess the cause as it's futile, now I've just broken my promise.

It's really simple,

go to:

"C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Player folder"
Delete the "player" folder and voila. Start the game change the settings, restart the game and it works.

Edit: I think it's the ".misc", but i've deleted the whole folder. The game will remake it on startup.

You are a star. Have a Rep from me. Any chance someone could put this as a sticky on the main forums for 'Things that are fixed but require some user action on their own PC'?

Last edited:

Animator-Jonny

Frontier Animator
Frontier
So am i the only one having an insane amount of stuttering and lag? Despite having a really good system. I can't even play the game anymore.

Hey VParadox, we are aware of this happening and it is under investigation. If you come across any issues which you believe could be a bug please be sure to post on our Bug Reporting Discussion section. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=105

Delete the whole folder. I had the same problem. Seems fixed now.
In mine there was also a custom.misc file (as well as the .misc file) and the StartPreset.start file referenced that.
I suspect they were causing the .misc not to be read correctly.
Anyway I deleted the whole lot and after restarting only .misc and StartPreset.start were re-created.
Have quit and restarted the game several times and the settings (in my case to use 'fastest') were correctly maintained throughout.
Maybe the Custom.misc was corrected during one of the betas I have been part of.

Sweet! Thanks for this! \o/

Yup, I bought a Drop Ship...expensive rubbish! The Python costs a lot more but is worth it, although I still think the Python is too expensive for what it is.
Yes sir, same here.. The Asp is the best multi-role craft in that price range, IMO. The Dropship drudges through space like a tank rolls through a molasses factory amidst a catastrophic meltdown. It's way too slow and easy to outmaneuver for something that expensive. Just save your green for a Python, I'd say. In the meantime though, pimp out an Asp into something fierce! It's faster, more maneuverable, jumps considerably farther, and has still has formidable firepower and cargo facilities. At the end of day, why spend over 10 million more for something that takes 6+ seconds to pull a 180?

Delete the whole folder. I had the same problem. Seems fixed now.
In mine there was also a custom.misc file (as well as the .misc file) and the StartPreset.start file referenced that.
I suspect they were causing the .misc not to be read correctly.
Anyway I deleted the whole lot and after restarting only .misc and StartPreset.start were re-created.
Have quit and restarted the game several times and the settings (in my case to use 'fastest') were correctly maintained throughout.
Maybe the Custom.misc was corrected during one of the betas I have been part of.

After removing just the Custom.misc file from the directory on my Mac the issue is now fixed. My map configuration was correct the next time I loaded the game. Many thanks!

This has been asked twice before, but not answered as far as I've seen - maybe three's a charm:

- Add skill for major factions in modify reputation detail

I fancy I'm pretty good at decoding change logs, but what on earth (or your favorite celestial body of choice) does that mean?

Is there finally some way to reconnect after the server or the ISP drop the connection? Or am I just missing some totally obvious way?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom