Patch Notes Update Powerplay Update 1.3.08 Incoming - 10.30 BST

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Michael Brookes

Game Director
Hi,

Powerplay update 1.3.08 is incoming. The servers will be down at 10.30 BST this morning and will be offline for around 30 minutes. This update has the following changes:

- Fix crash trying to update a drones location post physics when attached to a target ship which has no longer got any attach points
- Fix crash on drones when changing authority fails
- Fixed issue with mission cargo generation not storing the starport type on its destinations. Was allowing players to accept delivery missions to outposts with large ships
- Avoid deadlock when a machine (re)connects and the machine also has a pending routing query (from a different machine)
- Request routing data from the server as soon as we receive a sync letter from an unknown machine - may fix some connection issues
- Fix for merging islands in supercruise
- Fix for LAN connection issues (after conencting over lan, if both players had upnp enabled, it was switching back to wan connection)
- Allow recognition of a LAN-connected machine, in cases where Turn had failed to initialise
Add a new appconfig option, RouterPort, to tell the game that a port has been explicitly mapped on the router (another config setting affecting upnp has also been renamed to avoid ambiguity)
- Various telemetry fixes
- Make sure a machine is released from the server if they have disconnected
- Improved invalidation of client-side caching of Powerplay cycle changes
- Low level thread affinities change - possible fix for some stuttering seen on some machines

Thanks

Michael

Last edited:
Hi,
Add a new appconfig option, RouterPort, to tell the game that a port has been explicitly mapped on the router (another config setting affecting upnp has also been renamed to avoid ambiguity)

Michael, thank you! This is a major improvement. Is it possible for a range to be defined in this RouterPort option?

Last edited:
Hi,

Powerplay update 1.3.08 is incoming. The servers will be down at 10.30 BST this morning and will be offline for around 30 minutes. This update has the following changes:

- Fix crash trying to update a drones location post physics when attached to a target ship which has no longer got any attach points
- Fix crash on drones when changing authority fails
- Fixed issue with mission cargo generation not storing the starport type on its destinations. Was allowing players to accept delivery missions to outposts with large ships
- Avoid deadlock when a machine (re)connects and the machine also has a pending routing query (from a different machine)
- Request routing data from the server as soon as we receive a sync letter from an unknown machine - may fix some connection issues
- Fix for merging islands in supercruise
- Fix for LAN connection issues (after conencting over lan, if both players had upnp enabled, it was switching back to wan connection)
- Allow recognition of a LAN-connected machine, in cases where Turn had failed to initialise
- Various telemetry fixes
- Make sure a machine is released from the server if they have disconnected
- Improved invalidation of client-side caching of Powerplay cycle changes
- Add shader warming option to the graphic options
- Low level thread affinities change - possible fix for some stuttering seen on some machines

Thanks

Michael

Forgive my stupidness, but does this mean my partner and I can now finally play the game together?

(fingers crossed)

"- Low level thread affinities change - possible fix for some stuttering seen on some machines"

I look forward to testing this out.

Any news on the sound stuttering issues that were fixed for XBOX making it's way to PC?

I actually had the problem where I accepted a delivery to an outpost while flying a Clipper.

I worked around it by selling the cargo in a station that sold the same item, buying a Sidewinder, buying the correct cargo, and delivering it to the destination. It worked. I would've left that the way it was as a 'caveat emptor' thing; let players make that mistake and figure out how to fix it for themselves like I did. :)

It's obviously broken when other missions do tell you when it's an outpost. It basically invalidated the whole update, because you would have had to check every time.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgive my stupidness, but does this mean my partner and I can now finally play the game together?

(fingers crossed)

wait... you couldn't run two EDs through the same internet connection before?

"Add shader warming option to the graphic options"

Ooh does that mean we can crank things up sweetfx style?

edit - i cannot use the quote button/ brain today, too much horizons

Last edited:
Really happy you've been looking into the networking issues - was beginning to despair (am one of those playing on the same network and experiencing issues) - will have a good test of this tonight.!!

Wow. Mining drone fixes. That is amazesauce!
Hopefully it will fix many bumps, scratches and load errors while moving the ship slightly.

Will test this as I parked my mining Asp outside an RES yesterday :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom