Pre-Order Launcher Issue Update

Still can't pre order buy it from the Frontier store (Error from provider: Could not decode JSON, syntax error - malformed JSON.<br/>There was an error processing your order. Please contact us or try again later)...please help
This is an issue for me too - I can't preorder Odyssey. I suspect it's something to do with adding a new payment method (this is broken on the ARX store as well). It's probably down to transaction volumes, so... try again in 24 hours!

Ok, thanks for the solution, I stayed up very late last night to try to fix it, I will try today when I come home.

What is the 5.8 GB that was downloaded then, is it executable or will it be blocked until Odyssey is launched?

We read carefully the post from the developers. There are all the answers to your questions!)
1) this info should be present on the DLC description. I as simple user don't have to dig into the forums to look for the answers.
2) is this so hard to just tell, or link the actual post instead of making a wide wave with your hands and say "look its all around you"
3) which post? there are tens of em. And all of them are truly hard to read because of repeating marketing info of "one small step" and other commercial booklet garbage. FD are really bad at structuring the information so it would be easy to undestand and consume.

so, I repeat my questions for the people who probably know the answers and can actually tell them.
1) where to get the soundtrack that comes with deluxe version?
2) when does the alpha start and will the deluxe buyers be notified when it does?
also I'm interested when do I get my cd-key for this dlc and when will it install instead of constantly displaying "downloading".

Last edited:
@R3VANCHIST goshnak ansered Your questions thoroughly so why are You getting so excited?

We read carefully the post from the developers. There are all the answers to your questions!)

Elite Dangerous: Odyssey – Deluxe Alpha Expansion Pack option
£39.99/$54.99/46.99EUR
Will include:
  • The Odyssey Expansion
  • Official Digital soundtrack
  • Exclusive 'Pioneer' suit skin
  • Alpha access - more details to follow in the new year
Pre-order for PC

Pre-order means, well, pre-order... I'm not sure how much clearer their 1st post can be. It drops when it drops. Patience

SO, all I'm getting for my extra tenner is the Sound Track?
A sound track that I could buy separately for ... a tenner

No, the extra tenner will get you access to the Alpha, when it starts, which those paying £10 less won't get, we just don't know when the Alpha will start yet, we do know, obviously, it'll be before the Beta and the Beta will be before the Release...

Trying to fix this issue may have unintended consequences for us all :

1607685965936.png

Not able to start the game at all anymore... No prepurchase for me, and I do own the game.
Can't even login to "Customer Login - Frontier Store" to check status there. Looks like some server went belly up

Hello. I did not pre-order Odyssey. But I was disconnected from the game servers, then I received a message that I must check the game files - I did it. And now I cannot enter the game. Frontier Launcher can't see my account. I also can't login to the Frontier website.

S
Hello. I did not pre-order Odyssey. But I was disconnected from the game servers, then I received a message that I must check the game files - I did it. And now I cannot enter the game. Frontier Launcher can't see my account. I also can't login to the Frontier website.

Same here. I'm reinstalling the launcher following some "launcher isn't working" support thread. I wasn't expecting the 6 hrs to sync files. I hope that will fix it though.

Mmmm, I just had a slower start going into Horrizons, but the launcher did start before I could finish investigating ... (I'm on the pre-order)

Take that back - the launcher is being wierd

Top Bottom