Pre-Order Launcher Issue Update

I think there is an error in your line as there has never been a LEP at £ 35 :)

The Lifetime Expansion Pass or LEP is a content pass for Elite Dangerous that includes ownership of any and all expansions produced for the game, plus access to all betas and a selection of cosmetic Livery items.

The LEP was included as a backer reward for purchasers of the £80 "Digital Download Pack" tier of the Elite Dangerous Kickstarter in 2012. During the pre-launch beta period in 2014, it was also included in the Premium Beta bundle for £100.00 ($150.00 USD). It was made available for a third and final time from August 6, 2015 to September 14, 2015, at a cost of £130.00 ($195.00 USD); existing owners of Elite Dangerous were given a £10.00 ($15.00 USD) loyalty discount.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

I originally pledged at the 85 pound level, which came with the standard Beta and LEP. I originally wanted to pledge to the 80 pound level to get the LEP, but for 5 pounds more I got "Have the option to start in the founder's world with any starter ship and 4,000 CR.", which was too good to pass up!

Since I didn't pledge up to the Premium Beta level, I guess Frontier Developments created the 35 pounds Expansion Pass entry to indicate that I had the LEP.

After the release of the Alpha builds I upgraded to Premium Beta (I didn't want to wait for the Standard Beta to roll out, seeing the state of the Alpha), for which I also have a separate entry in the store:

1608108140099.png

So, don't tell me that I don't have the LEP because you can't understand the fact that Frontier Developments used a separate sales item for it for those of us that didn't pledge to the Premium Beta level at the time of the Kickstarter!

Here is the entry for the standard Beta that was below the LEP line:

1608108483349.png

Last edited:
I originally pledged at the 85 pound level, which came with the standard Beta and LEP. I originally wanted to pledge to the 80 pound level to get the LEP, but for 5 pounds more I got "Have the option to start in the founder's world with any starter ship and 4,000 CR.", which was too good to pass up!

Since I didn't pledge up to the Premium Beta level, I guess Frontier Developments created the 35 pounds Expansion Pass entry to indicate that I had the LEP.

After the release of the Alpha builds I upgraded to Premium Beta (I didn't want to wait for the Standard Beta to roll out, seeing the state of the Alpha), for which I also have a separate entry in the store:

View attachment 200026

So, don't tell me that I don't have the LEP because you can't understand the fact that Frontier Developments used a separate sales item for it for those of us that didn't pledge to the Premium Beta level at the time of the Kickstarter!

Here is the entry for the standard Beta that was below the LEP line:

View attachment 200028
Everything is clear (y)

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

and you now have something to download ?

Yes i can download the Client installer from the Odyssey download link.. However the OST and the Odyssey Alpha download links take me presently to an xml page script that says Access Denied. i furthered my ticket (still waiting on a reply) to confirm if that is a glitch or intended as there isnt anything to install / download as yet.

Last edited:
Yes i can download the Client installer from the Odyssey download link.. However the OST and the Odyssey Alpha download links take me presently to an xml page script that says Access Denied. i furthered my ticket (still waiting on a reply) to confirm if that is a glitch or intended as there isnt anything to install / download as yet.
thanks
so, still a work in progress (like the PWA patch)...

Update on mine... it seems there is a glitch still on the Store at Frontier (non steam or Epic).. they got back to me today and have mentioned to the dev team that the links are Pre ordered and shouldnt at present have any downloadable links (wich they will fix) so yeah as it stands.. you pay for the pre-order and wait.. and if you see any duplicated stuff tell them in an Account Ticket via support ..and it will get corrected (probably not this close to christmas but till new year) but if your transaction went through you will get what you paid for :) .. gotta love the support team they are on the ball (especially this close to the holidays). Basically when it becomes available you'll gain access ...they simply fluffed up on their amazon based store with links...

i agree that the PR could have been handled better but given 2020 and folks working from home etc mistakes are made (i could say the same for other releases this year from other companys so no one's to fault) but they are aware of it and fixing it ready for release.. NONE of those links you purchase should be accessable presently (rightly so since its a pre-order ).....

Roll on early 2021 when those links go ACTIVE

Last edited:
I purchased the Odyssey Deluxe Alpha Expansion through steam but 2 things stand out as maybe different than this.
1) I didnt get any 5+ Gig update to the game
2) when I am on the store page, it says I have 'Elite Dangerous : Odyssey Deluxe Alpha Expansion' in the cart. I cant purchase it for myself, since I already own it. But I thought it shouldn't still be in my cart, if I've already purchased it.

Does anyone else have this? Or is it supposed to sit in the cart like that?

Hello @Ronzer
I use Steam, but don't know where to find my cart if it is empty.

I did buy the deluxe version of Elite Dangerous: Odyssey, and can see it is 'downloading' in my DLC - though not, in fact, downloading yet.

To see that, go to ED in your library, then find Manage My DLC on the right-hand side, and click there to see ED Odyssey has been downloading since ??, 11 December in my case.

Hey @Painter602, thanks for that!

You're in the same situation I am, where it says I have it and that it's 'downloading'. But I've heard people saying they've had the 5 Gig download, or did I get that wrong? So maybe all is good? Im just making sure I have this proper. Cant wait for it and dont want to miss out. :)

To find your cart, click on the store and look in the top right.

I pre-ordered the Odyssey Deluxe Alpha pack this afternoon and the Frontier launcher and store don't have any sign that I have bought anything.

Although the DLC page of my account seems to be telling me that I've already got it available for Download. This is really odd. Can anyone look at this & see if they can explain what might be going on?

View attachment 199755
I bought the deluxe alpha package but have no mention of Odyssey on my store account next to the others.

I purchased the Odyssey Deluxe Alpha Expansion through steam but 2 things stand out as maybe different than this.
1) I didnt get any 5+ Gig update to the game
2) when I am on the store page, it says I have 'Elite Dangerous : Odyssey Deluxe Alpha Expansion' in the cart. I cant purchase it for myself, since I already own it. But I thought it shouldn't still be in my cart, if I've already purchased it.

Does anyone else have this? Or is it supposed to sit in the cart like that?

Nothing in either cart. To add to that, Steam had a red "deluxe alpha key" banner on the DLC thumbnail after I purchased it, which disappeared when I launched the game once and it just has the "vanilla" Odyssey thumbnail.

Maybe this is how it's supposed to work, maybe something manual was not being done because Christmas Day. It looks a bit like I just paid £40 and am going to have to ask someone to manually add the DLC to my account, I don't feel confident this will be resolved without extra hassle.

Last edited:
A Recent Steam Update has changed the "Manage My DLC" Page...

It no longer shows whether or not any particular DLC has been "Downloaded" ...

Instead it now only shows the Date which you added the DLC to your Steam Account.

That being said, has there been any word on when this will finally be available to those of us who bought it?

A Recent Steam Update has changed the "Manage My DLC" Page...

It no longer shows whether or not any particular DLC has been "Downloaded" ...

Instead it now only shows the Date which you added the DLC to your Steam Account.

That being said, has there been any word on when this will finally be available to those of us who bought it?
Nope, it's not available yet. I think we can be sure the download some people got pre-ordering on Steam on the first day was just some sort of accidental re-download of ED, nothing to do with Odyssey. It's still a pre-order.

Greetings Commanders,

We believe a fix is now in place for all new Odyssey pre orders.

For players who have already pre ordered Odyssey and are still experiencing these issues, we have a workaround thanks to @TeslaKat to get you back into the game.

1. Right-click on Elite Dangerous in Steam
  2. Go to the "DLC" tab
  3. Uncheck the "Elite Dangerous: Odyssey" DLC
  4. Go to the "LOCAL FILES" tab
  5. Click "VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES..."
  6. After it runs the check, it will tell you that it found some issues with some files and fix the problem after which the game will be playable again.
Resolving this issue is our highest priority at the moment and we are working hard to find a solution.

We appreciate your patience whilst we try to resolve this.

o7

I have followed the steps listed and instead of stating there was an 'issue with some files' it instead told me that all files were verified correctly and I am still unable to run Odyssey. Does anyone have any other ideas on how to get Odyssey to run on Steam?

I have followed the steps listed and instead of stating there was an 'issue with some files' it instead told me that all files were verified correctly and I am still unable to run Odyssey. Does anyone have any other ideas on how to get Odyssey to run on Steam?

It's wasn't released yet, CMDR.

1610076918296.png

I expect that's intended, I think those entries are just for accounting purposes so you can see what you purchased, the Alpha content will be tied to your Account and when you download the updated installer it will check against your account name to see if you are a valid Alpha purchaser, if you are it will give you the option to download the Alpha, if you aren't you won't get that option.

So having entries there that just give an error isn't unusual, there are some older entries that do the same thing on my account page.

Top Bottom