Pre-Shows and "Custom Train Designer"

Hey guys!

Couldn't sleep last night while thinking about some stuff I would love to find in the game if possible sometime.

1. - I had the idea to make pre shows available to build inside a que. Like you have a little cinema you can build, where the guests take their seats while the others have to wait in front of closed doors until the pre-show is over and the cinema is empty again. Or just a plain room or building you can select as a pre-show facility. After it, they go on to the station and yeah... you know how pre shows work. I don't have a clue of that is possible somehow, what do you think about that?

2. - A Custom Train Designer! It woulf be so cool to have one. Like a Building, starting with the base of a coaster car (first and second car) and can build a custom train with art shapes and stuff that are then attached to the base to get your very own coaster train. I do not know if that is possible, but I would love to have that. Many theme parks have custom trains for their coasters. What are your thoughts about that?

Thanks for replys!

Greetings,
Neigel

building a show with seats inside of a queue seems like a pretty extreme feature. I already find queue building annoying. Sure theres a lot of people who would like something like this, but theres so many other features Id rather see.

maybe once UGC is possible will have everything we can think of!

Personally I would scratch the seating idea and just make it a batching area, where guests stand in a room and a preshow sequence plays while the queue after the room is clearing out. Baron 1898 has two of these throughout the building. :)

Last edited:
Yep! Sounds like a good idea. Thought about a now demolished ride while having this idea, it had a cinema room. But a plain room would give more freedom, I guess. :)

And what does UGC mean?

Last edited:
1. - I had the idea to make pre shows available to build inside a que.
Yes. I think "Smart grids" can fix this. Imagine a whole slew of "smart tile" or "smart grid" options. Essentially 4m squares with different selectable functions. Create a customized space out of 4m squares that functions as a restaurant, or shop, or group queuing area.

2. - A Custom Train Designer! It woulf be so cool to have
This is a brilliant idea. Being able to edit the first and subsequent vehicles of all cars by attaching any scenery elements you desire within a bounding area (to not be exceeded) would allow you to customize vehicles.

I totally agree with this. The game is lacking some features and coasters, I.E. B&M Standup or generic flyer, and I feel that the custom train designer would give us the freedom to have said things. Also, that pre-show thing sounds great! I'd certainly use it, that's for sure.

I totally agree with this. The game is lacking some features and coasters, I.E. B&M Standup or generic flyer, and I feel that the custom train designer would give us the freedom to have said things. Also, that pre-show thing sounds great! I'd certainly use it, that's for sure.
It's not that easy like you think!
Custom train designer (like Theme Park Studio has) doesn't mean that you can build missing coasters!

Good example is the flying coaster!
The flying coaster looks like a "inverted coaster" first and before the ride begins the seats are pulled up till they are horizontal and give you the feel of "flying"
So if Planet coaster also gets a train designer like theme park studio doesn't mean that you can build missing coasters!
In my example you would need a train designer + animation designer!

Hope you understand what I am trying to say!

The train designer in theme park studio is easy till you decide to import custom 3d models!
Because then you have to know the width of the track, position of wheels and so on!

Last edited: