Prehistoric DLC pack I'd like after the game's full release

I loved playing zoo tycoon, and my favorite part was always the prehistoric animals expansions (especially releasing 200 t-rexes on the unsuspecting public, don't judge me). Here's a list of creatures and features I'd like to see. I don't expect the all of these to make it, far from it, this is just an extensive list of stuff that would be cool to see in DLC, which I think will probably happen. If you agree, or think something doesn't belong, let me know!
First off, I'd like to see customizable tanks for prehistoric aquatic creatures, prehistoric plants from several time periods, a special type of enclosure for flying creatures, and special electrified or other enclosures for some of the larger creatures here.
Aquatic:
  1. anomalocaris
  2. dunkleosteus
  3. Jaeklopterus (eurypterid)
  4. helicopron
  5. mosasaurus
  6. ichthyosaurus
  7. basilosaurus
  8. plesiosaurus
  9. camoceras
  10. megalodon
  11. liopleurodon
  12. xiphactinus
  13. metriorynchus
Amphibious (land and water)
  1. ichthyostega
  2. nothosaurus
  3. spinosaurus
  4. tanystropheus
  5. placodus
  6. hesperornis
  7. crassigyrinus
  8. eryops
  9. sarcosuchus
  10. titanoboa
  11. diplocaulus
  12. simosuchus
  13. ambulocetus
  14. moeritherium
  15. castoroides

Dinosaurs
  1. t. rex
  2. triceratops
  3. protoceratops
  4. compsognathus
  5. plateosaurus
  6. brachiosaurus
  7. deinonychus
  8. dilpohosaurus
  9. stegosaurus
  10. therizinosaurus
  11. ankylosaurus
  12. iguanodon
  13. herrerasaurus
Paleozoic Terrestrial
  1. ophiacodon
  2. dimetrodon
  3. edaphosaurus
  4. scutosaurus
  5. megarachne
  6. arthropleura
  7. moschops
  8. diictodon
  9. gorgonopsid
  10. varanops
Mesozoic terrestrial (no dinosaurs)
  1. postosuchus
  2. effigia
  3. terrestriesuchus
  4. placerias
  5. cynognathus
  6. pristerognathus
  7. sphenosuchus
  8. sinoconodon
  9. repenomamus
  10. euparkeria
  11. stagonolepis
Flying
  1. meganeura
  2. dimorphodon
  3. quetzalcoatlus
  4. pteranodon
  5. tapejara
  6. ramphorynchus
  7. archaeopteryx
  8. ornithocheirus
  9. dsungaripterus
  10. argentavis
Cenozoic Terrestrial
  1. smilodon
  2. gastornis
  3. diniornis
  4. glyptodon
  5. megacerops
  6. deinotherium
  7. amphicyon
  8. gigantopithecus
  9. paraceratherium
  10. andrewsarchus
  11. gomphotherium
  12. megaloceros
  13. wooly mammoth
  14. megalania
  15. wooly rhinoceros
  16. machrauchenia
  17. leptictidium
  18. entelodon
  19. chalichotherium
  20. megatherium
  21. phosusrhacos

I think the most agreeable way to have extinct wildlife to to limit the scope to the Holocene, as that's a point in time where humans started their most major impacts. I do like your ambition however!

Aquatic
Bothriolepis
Dorudon
Ammonite
Dunkleosteus
Liopleurodon
Plesiosaurus
Coelacanth
Anomalocaris
Opabinia

Amphibious (land and water)
Proterogyrinus
Diplocaulus
Crassigyrinus

Dinosaurs
Archaeopteryx
Microraptor
Iguanodon
Psittacosaurus
Protoceratops
Tyrannosaurus
Triceratops
Parasaurolophus
Edmontosaurus
Edmontonia
Dakotaraptor
Velociraptor
Stegosaurus
Spinosaurus
Giganotosaurus
Argentinosaurus
Ouranosaurus

Paleozoic Terrestrial
Edaphosaurus
Dimetrodon
Scutosaurus
Dinogorgon
Diictodon

Mesozoic terrestrial (no dinosaurs)
Postosuchus
Lystrosaurus
Euparkeria
Chasmatosaurus

Cenozoic Terrestrial
Mammuthus
Smilodon
Megatherium
Kelenken
Leptictidium

I would rather there be a new game called planet dinosaur tbh (I would even put my hand up to help model them if they would be willing to hire a freelancer (But they dont :( )

That way you could have a fully fledged dinosaur game that isn't tainted by JP fans with more functionality and design (PZ haz all the building functionality I ever wanted in a game) catered towards a prehistoric zoo than a real life zoo (NO PRONATED ARMS!!!! Dinosaurs were clappers, not slappers! THANK YOU!)

The foliage would need to be more prehistoric to meet their needs (lycopodsid, Araucaria , Lepidodendrons, horsetail, Sigillaria etc.)

I wouldn’t mind some extinct animals. I don’t know about dinosaurs so much. I wouldn’t argue against it but I would love to see stuff like prehistoric mammals such as cave lion,smilodon, mastodons,mammoths, nadonnkong Tiger, wholly rhino, and also dodo since we have statues. Also a giant moa could be neat.

I wouldn’t mind some extinct animals. I don’t know about dinosaurs so much. I wouldn’t argue against it but I would love to see stuff like prehistoric mammals such as cave lion,smilodon, mastodons,mammoths, ndangong Tiger, wholly rhino, and also dodo since we have statues. Also a giant moa could be neat.

I will say this tho maybe I’m overthinking this but out of all the living animals to make statues out of why extinct dodos. I like the statues but if we did get prehistoric dlc these would have been the most obvious Easter egg hints ever. But when I look at planet zoo and the devs they seem very serious about realism so I have my doubts on extinct dlc especially with jwe in the mix.

I don't want any prehistoric or unreal animals in PZ.
Anyways they added a Ghotsbusters/-mode dlc to PlanCo, which has nothing to do with the theme park simulation... So it might be possible to have a dinosaur interaction in a future dlc. They'll decide on if its profitable or not.

I will say this tho maybe I’m overthinking this but out of all the living animals to make statues out of why extinct dodos. I like the statues but if we did get prehistoric dlc these would have been the most obvious Easter egg hints ever. But when I look at planet zoo and the devs they seem very serious about realism so I have my doubts on extinct dlc especially with jwe in the mix.

Dodos are not prehistoric animals. Their extinction was a result of humans and the reason why they are used as statues is it was one of the first instances where humans realised that animals could become extinct and that there were flow on effects (in the case of the dodo it was responsible for the fertilisation and germination of specific trees seeds where it once lived).

The dodo is used more as a symbol of extinction and how humans are responsible for it. It was not a prehistoric animal.

@GoldH2O I can tell you are verry inspired by Zoo Tycoon 2 DLC Extinct Animals which was a great DLC granted. But im gonna have to burst your bubble here there's no way this is gonna happen in Planet ZOO because bringing out a DLC that features Extinct animals such as dinos or animals from the Pleistocene(Mamoths etc..) would be in direct conflict and a competetor to the Jurassic World game so I highly higly doubt it will happen this games grounded in a form of realism aswel as conservation of animals. And for the persons who are claiming dodos and tasmanian wolfs arent prehistoric animals they are agreed they still lived up to modern times but only in verry small dense pockets which if humans hadnt wiped them out would have gone extinct anyway in the next few centuries due to having a to smal gene pool and global warming so no need to witch hunt on people who proclaim Dodo's are a prehistoric .

@GoldH2O I can tell you are [very] inspired by Zoo Tycoon 2 DLC Extinct Animals which was a great DLC granted. But [I'm] gonna have to burst your bubble here there's no way this is gonna happen in Planet ZOO
Why'd you emphasize the "zoo" in Planet Zoo and not Zoo Tycoon 2? They're both zoo games, one just happened to add fun animals.

bringing out a DLC that features Extinct animals such as dinos or animals from the Pleistocene ([mammoths] etc..) would be in direct conflict and a [competitor] to the Jurassic World game
[For] the persons who are claiming dodos and tasmanian wolfs arent prehistoric animals they are agreed they still lived up to modern times but only in verry small dense pockets which if humans [hadn't] wiped them out would have gone extinct anyway in the next few centuries due to having a to [small] gene pool and global warming so no need to witch hunt on people who proclaim Dodo's are [prehistoric].
Anything from the Holocene is a "modern" animal, which includes woolly mammoths. Also, Holocene animals are irrelevant to a game focusing solely on Mesozoic animal. If you think that the public doesn't care, then surely this would be a great teaching opportunity for the game, no?

[This game's] grounded in a form of realism [as well] as conservation of animals.
The realism theme has been proven to be flawed, exhibit A being the pre-patch space needs for the polar bear. In my opinion, I'd rather there be extinct animals than this continued limiting that is realism; I for one would love to have woolly mammoths in my floating reindeer habitat.

Chill dude the zoo thing was a typo Zoo Tycoon was my favorite and first PC game as a kid I stil have it installed on my PC now.
You have one example of the realism being flawed I can already sum up 10 that say it issent flawed you are simply proving my point that there is a sense of realism to the game and that the objective of the game is to bring awarenes to conservation and species who are endangered. The Jurrasic world game is focussing on the movies which its animals yes are from the Mesozoic but once those DLC's run out be sure they will add in a Prehistoric DLC , for the simple reason that this games identity is that they can bring animals back from extinction and make a zoo with those animals you bring back from extinction. Planet Zoo's Indentity is creating a zoo with animals which are alive today but endangered which sadly enough is almost all animals today. There is no way its gonna happen in Planet Zoo another reason being we know nothing about the behavior/ mating what they like and dislike what they eat etc ... everything we know about dinosaurs and Mamoths etc... is speculation so kinda makes no sense to now start adding animals and not have a realistic or accurate zoopedia for it because why bother then at all to have an accurate Zoopedia.
Let's be real here my dude it doesnt fit in the Planet Zoo identity simple. you might think diffrent and thats your right and I respect that but I higly doubt it only looking from a bussines point of view adding said DLC would riducule there other game Jurassic World they arent gonna do that.
And you can stll build said concept of "extinct animals" for the Muskox , Carriboe , Przewalksi's horse and Buffalo are all animals that lived back then and stil live to this day just no Mamoths.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
You have one example of the realism being flawed I can already sum up 10 that say it [isn't] flawed you are simply proving my point that there is a sense of realism to the game
My point is that realism holds the game back, and that abandoning it (or under-prioritizing it at least) would be a net positive for the game (in my opinion at least).

[The] objective of the game is to bring awareness to conservation and species who are endangered.
You're allowed to have endangered and extinct species in the same zoo game.

The [Jurassic] world game is [focusing] on the movies which its animals yes are from the Mesozoic but once those DLC's run out be sure they will add in a Prehistoric DLC,
I have no idea how you reached that conclusion. There's literally hundreds of Mesozoic dinosaurs at their disposal, let alone all Mesozoic creatures.

[For] the simple reason that this games identity is that they can bring animals back from extinction and make a zoo with those animals you bring back from extinction.
So? Animals that went extinct in the Holocene and ones that went extinct in the Mesozoic are mutually exclusive. Just because they're extinct doesn't mean they're equivalencies.

Planet Zoo's Indentity is creating a zoo with animals which are alive today but endangered which sadly enough is almost all animals today. There is no way its gonna happen in Planet Zoo another reason being we know nothing about the behavior/ mating what they like and dislike what they eat etc ... everything we know about dinosaurs and [mammoths] etc... is speculation so kinda makes no sense to now start adding animals and not have a realistic or accurate zoopedia for it because why bother then at all to have an accurate Zoopedia.
If guesswork and assumptions from living is required to add interesting animals, then so be it. It's a sacrifice I'm more than willing to take.

Let's be real here my dude it doesnt fit in the Planet Zoo identity simple. you might think [different] and [that's] your right and I respect that but I [highly] doubt it only looking from a [business] point of view adding said DLC would [ridicule] there other game Jurassic World they arent gonna do that.
Again, woolly mammoths are 100% irrelevant to Jurassic World Evolution; they don't compete with dinosaurs. If anything, bench-marking the widely popular Zoo Tycoon 2 would be a financial gain.

And you can [still] build said concept of "extinct animals" for the [muskox], [caribou], Przewalksi's horse and [bison] are all animals that lived back then and [still] live to this day just no [mammoths].
You can also build an African savannah without African bush elephants, but then what's the point? The woolly mammoth was a keystone species of the steppe tundra that created the past grasslands that muskoxen, caribou, tarpans, and bison used to roam in. They were also good at keeping the global climate cool, a significant factoid in this age of human-caused climate change and climate inaction that Planet Zoo could surely use as a reason for incorporating the animal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom