Primates, y’all

The “I want birds” stuff is grating on me. For the sake of distraction, toss at me your ideal Primate Pack.

Last edited:
  • Olive Baboon
  • Golden Snub nosed Monkey
  • a Species of Spider Monkey (brown, black headed or red faced preferred)
  • Aye-aye
  • Vervet Monkey
  • Rhesus Macaque
  • Siamang
  • maybe another Species of Gibbon so we can choose if we want to keep the Siamang or a more common Species
  • no Clue what kind of Exhibit Animal could fit into a Pack like this. Maybe the Pygmy Marmoset if Frontier decides to break their Rule about not including Exhibit Mammals. It's the smallest known Monkey

• Coquerel's sifaka
  • Manteled guereza
  • Hamadryas baboon
  • Lion-tailed macaque
  • Lar Gibbon
  • Black howler
  • Red-faced spider monkey
  • Golden lion tamarin
I think these would be the most difficult species to implement in game, as they have some very particular behaviors, sound or a fur that would require some more work.

Honorable mentions: Bolivian squirrel monkey and Diana monkey

Oh man, lowering this down is hard.. but overall shortlist would be:

• Golden Lion Tamarin
  • Silvery Marmoset
  • Indri
  • Aye Aye
  • Lar Gibbon
  • A howler monkey species
  • A spider monkey species
  • Golden Snub Nosed Monkey
  • Uakari
  • Hamadryas Baboon

Exhibit 1: Slow Loris
Exhibit 2: Philippine Tarsier

I thought I put a list here; guess not...

1. Bald uakari - bright red head
  2. Black howler monkey - these guys would be terrible neighbors
  3. Hamadrayas baboon - a baboon. Why argue?
  4. Lion-tailed macaque - perfect for India
  5. Golden lion tamarin - bright colors
  6. Coquerel's sifaka - the last lemur I truly want
  7. Vervet monkey - another African primate
  8. Slow loris - and more Asian representation

Animal pack ofc, I'll have to break the rule of no mammal exhibits, because I wouldn't know what to do with 8th spot in other case

1. Lar Gibbon
2. De Brazza Guenon
3. Golden Snub Nosed Monkey
4. Howler Monkey
5. Squirrel Monkey
6. Mantled Guereza
7. Lion Tailed Macaque
8. Bearded Emperor Tamarin (E)

1. Hamadryas baboon.
  2. Mexican spider monkey.
  3. Siamang.
  4. Bolivian squirrel monkey.
  5. Cotton-top tamarin.
  6. Diana monkey.
  7. Coquerel's sifaka.
No exhibit animal. I believe even the tiny pygmy marmoset could be a habitat animal (though one that would be incredibly difficult to manage).

1. White-handed gibbon
2. Olive baboon
3. Mantled guereza
4. Black howler monkey
5. Geoffroy's spider monkey
6. Patas Monkey
7. Crab eating macaque
8. Any gecko lizard for the exhibit? Not so sure about this.

• Gelada (Africa, Least Concern)
  • Patas Monkey (Africa, Near Threatened)
  • Lac Alaotra Lemur (Madagascar, Critically Endangered)
  • Francois's Langur (Asia, Endangered)
  • Lion-tailed Macaque (Asia, Endangered)
  • Guianan Squirrel Monkey (South America, Least Concern)
  • Black Howler Monkey (South America, Near Threatened)
  • Golden Lion Tamarin (South America, Endangered)
All are common in captivity. I excluded gibbons.

1. Black-and-White Colobus - so unique in their coat pattern and length. Common in zoos too.
D9CF0C62-70B0-4766-A034-405D6EB8CBD8.jpeg

2. Black-Capped Capuchin - is any zoo game really complete without this iconic species?
49F7F744-38FD-423E-874B-3133BE1677A4.jpeg

3. White-Faced Saki Monkey - perhaps not famous by name, but very common in zoos and has some pretty significant sexual dimorphism.
A72EA96B-DAAB-49C2-BC59-835651CD5A03.jpeg

4. Black-Capped Squirrel Monkey - another iconic species in zoos. Probably the smallest a habitat animal can really get.
00508613-E2D0-48D2-83B5-3439579D0452.jpeg

5. Hamadryas Baboon - definitely need one baboon species in game. These guys are pretty popular and unique looking.
DE6719E0-31FE-40CB-BE87-C3F44240BEF8.jpeg

6. Aye-Aye - probably the most unique primate of the lot.
3A4AEB57-75E5-469D-8739-C48C9195F49E.jpeg

7. Lar Gibbon - need a gibbon and this is the most common species in captivity. Sexually dimorphic and colourful!
E23A371C-A73C-4080-937C-7FA0C40DD689.jpeg

8. Common Marmoset (Exhibit) - a mesh version of the exhibits with branches would be a cool idea for a primate exhibit. Think these guys are too small to be habitat animals but obviously an iconic primate species.
9E6B3E9B-72AD-4A8F-B3F4-954A2D228CCF.jpeg

I feel this is a fairly good mix of primates that are common in zoos and pretty iconic. Didn’t really want to go for any outlandish species that aren’t common in captivity (proboscis monkey springs to mind!). Has some much needed South American representation that could be really useful for tropical houses in the squirrel monkeys, capuchins, saki and marmoset. The colobus and baboon provide some good old world representation and are pretty different in their niches, thus representing the diversity of the African primates. One is an arboreal folivore, the other a terrestrial frugivore. The aye-aye probably completes the Malagasy primate roster in the sense of all the obvious picks (the three common lemur species and the iconic aye-aye). And the lar gibbon provides much needed representation for the hylobates.
There are of course a handful of omissions here I would like. The gelada is a big one but I’ve pipped it with the hamadryas baboon. There’s also a few ‘clones’ I’d like but don’t think warrant a spot in a pack - the Sumatran orangutan, Barbary macaque, Rhesus macaque, drill etc. would be nice to see some of these as free updates like the black-and-white ruffed lemur! Perhaps if not, an 8th habitat animal as a reskin could replace an exhibit animal if the marmoset can’t happen!

Last edited:
1. Siamang
2. Lion tailed macaque
3. Golden snub nosed monkey
4. Gelada
5. Indri
6. Aye aye
7. Mantled guereza
8. Howler monkey
9. Golden lion tamarin
10. Uakari

Top Bottom