Prison Ships in Odyssey are Great

Waking up in a cell on a prison ship after getting killed was a genuinely cool and nice surprise. Stuff like this makes me optimistic for the future of Odyssey, just little fun worldbuilding touches.

Just as a side note Odyssey runs terribly though, Jesus Frontier, please throw us mid-spec players a bone!

I got killed by mercs/scavengers a couple times trying to do missions, I also woke up in prison because my death was a mission failure complete with a fine and apparently a crime…

I'm sure the missions usually say if you are going to be doing something illegal - I was minding my own beeswax looking for the hab - the door opened (no security issue) - then someone shouted something, many opened fire and I died and woke up in prison - going to take a long time to accomplish any missions with the round trip to get back.

I'm sure the missions usually say if you are going to be doing something illegal - I was minding my own beeswax looking for the hab - the door opened (no security issue) - then someone shouted something, many opened fire and I died and woke up in prison - going to take a long time to accomplish any missions with the round trip to get back.
There are for sure problems with how criminality is handled; literally I just like the prison interiors and think (if you are actually guilty) it's a nice touch.

Maybe I misunderstood the brief but it said threat level 0 and something like "collect documents from hab on settlement yadda yadda" - I wasn't expecting an execution squad and a wanted sticker on my forehead - but yes the prison is nicely done.

Waking up in a cell was a nice surprise, loved it, however I got there because at one point I disembraked an Apex taxi and while moving towards the elevators I fell through the station and got spaced, so I had to quit and restart.

After the nice wake up, however, I realised that I was truly a prisoner, in that I called a taxi via Apex but I could not use the lift to board it, it would give me an error making myself trapped in the correctional facility.

Had to relog in Horizons to get out of that situation... :confused:

Waking up in a cell was a nice surprise, loved it, however I got there because at one point I disembraked an Apex taxi and while moving towards the elevators I fell through the station and got spaced, so I had to quit and restart.

After the nice wake up, however, I realised that I was truly a prisoner, in that I called a taxi via Apex but I could not use the lift to board it, it would give me an error making myself trapped in the correctional facility.

Had to relog in Horizons to get out of that situation... :confused:
Yeah lots of people are talking about the fact that this really ought to be a Beta. The people working on Odyssey like Dr Kay are clearly immensely talented and I think that with work Odyssey could be great, but right now stuff like this is the main barrier to that greatness.

Top Bottom