Probably a silly question but need clarification

With the new exploration tools I feel like I'm missing out on something. I jump in, honk the system, FSS everything and go check out whatever planets and POI's I want.....all good there

Is there something I'm missing in regards to the stars? I'm getting all the info and system complete notifications, just have a nagging feeling I should be doing something else? Or is this a simple case of old habits dying hard with not having to scan them now?

Thanks in advance o7

(When combined with the codex), you can also head down to the landable planets and also see the volcanoes, fissures, sites of interest etc

Still have the surface scanner to use. Throw probes around planets to locate poi’s the fss picked up or into planetary rings for mining spots

This.
Don't forget to scan every poi you find on planets with the composite scanner, like I did.........

Has anyone confirmed whether there can be multiple types of one kind of poi on a planet? That is, if I DSS a planet, and it has 25 geological signals, will they all be the same (25 water geysers, or whatever)?

Has anyone confirmed whether there can be multiple types of one kind of poi on a planet? That is, if I DSS a planet, and it has 25 geological signals, will they all be the same (25 water geysers, or whatever)?

Yes, a planet can have multiple types of POIs. E.g. a planet with methane magma can have methane gas vents and lava spouts. There's no way to tell which POI is of what type unless you fly down to visit each of them, though.

Last edited:
Yes, a planet can have multiple types of POIs. E.g. a planet with methane magma can have methane gas vents and lava spouts. There's no way to tell which POI is of what type unless you fly down to visit each of them, though.

Thanks for the info- it's cool that there can be a variety but no way i'm flying to all of them lol

Is it just bad luck as I have scanned hundreds of bodies and a percentage have had geological POI’s but not one biological or other type or am I missing something?

Is it just bad luck as I have scanned hundreds of bodies and a percentage have had geological POI’s but not one biological or other type or am I missing something?

Pot Luck, i found 2 biologicals on my 22kly flit to Colonia after 3.3 dropped (neither of which were in a nebula) one planetary one lagrange cloud

Top Bottom