Ships Problem with Didi Veterman

So I went to Didi go get upgarded shield boosters. I got to level 3, got the invite to the next engineer and had to go out and get more mats for the rest of the upgrades, so I pinned the blueprint and off I went. I was able to complete g3 and g4 at a station using "remote workshop", but I was locked out of G5 saying I needed rep and to go to the engineers home site.

I did this and am still locked out of G5. G4 is complete. Any ideas?

Thx

pinned the blueprint and off I went. I was able to complete g3 and g4 at a station using "remote workshop", but I was locked out of G5 saying I needed rep and to go to the engineers home site. I did this and am still locked out of G5. G4 is complete. Any ideas? Thx

Sounds like you need to improve your reputation with Didi some more, because although you upgraded remotely, you are missing the needed points to unlock G5.
My advice is to buy an extra booster and start G1 blast resistant (1x iron), then cancel it by starting res augmnented (1x phosphorus), rinse and repeat. Iron and Phosphorous are easy to find so I used them to grind my engineeres this way.
Selling cartographic data raises the level as well.

You don't get engy XP with remote engineering.

Yep. Little known, unwritten rule (personal) for engineering: unlock to G5 at the engineer's base before ever using the remote system. Now you've got a complete G4 SB but no way to get from G4 to G5 without engineering another module (at the engineer's) base to earn that G5 blueprint.

You can still also improve the reputation of some engineers by other actions too, yes? In Didi Vatermann's case it's taking commodities to the base. This used to be important when buying experimental effects cost reputation.

Hey all,
Thanks for the advice. I had an extra sheild booster that I upgraded. As soon as I completed G3 I was able to access G5 on the other two.

Top Bottom