Problems I noticed during my first two hours of play

Timescale is still ridiculous, please add a slower speed where a year takes an hour. Like a second default speed so nothing changes for those who like the current speed. I spent most of my 2 hour playtime paused yet I still somehow managed to have a 3 year old zoo .

I played taiga map - the pre-placed pathway out of the ticket gates DOES NOT ALIGN with the map 'square'. I used grid to expand the pathway out in what I assumed would be a perfectly straight line and it was off!!!! Very frustrating!!!!

Some cash animals are too cheap, buying an entire herd of bison feels trivial.

Some minor market bugs with animal portraits not appearing. Having to toggle filters on and off before they work.

Breeding seems to need more adjusting - I had a pair of grizzlies and a herd of 1 male bison 5 female bison. I had a grizzly cub and two bison pregnancies by the end of year 2 - before I had any research for those animals. However this could also be impacted by the timescale feeling too fast.

There isn't a family tree in the studbook, I have no idea why this was skipped. I spent the beta telling people that it would definitely be in the full game, it would make no sense for it not to!

Crashed while placing a rock - I had the same problem in beta.

Guests still crowd one or two areas and ignore the other perfectly fine viewing areas just a few feet away, causing traffic jams. Guests should prefer views that aren't already "in use".

Zoo keepers NEED to prioritize providing food over filling enrichment.

Very annoying that the VIP guest green number notification doesn't go away even after you've viewed the notif and greeted the guest.

I spent release day waiting for a day one patch that never came!

I have high hopes that the game will be polished with updates, but I feel many issues here and those posted by others need attention sooner rather than later. Thank you!

That vip thing....dude, let me tell ya.
I do not care at all that someone else who has registered the game has decided to drop into my park. They arent special. They dont do anything. I don't care. Now, while I may be in the minority, there should be an option to turn this notification off.
The mild annoyance I experienced when I started to play turned into full blown rage when I completed my last campaign scenario 11 hours later. And now that the game won't even launch and I saw your thread, the rage has now returned, full force.

Some cash animals are too cheap, buying an entire herd of bison feels trivial.

Breeding seems to need more adjusting - I had a pair of grizzlies and a herd of 1 male bison 5 female bison. I had a grizzly cub and two bison pregnancies by the end of year 2 - before I had any research for those animals. However this could also be impacted by the timescale feeling too fast.

You're probably the first person I've seen complain about prices being too CHEAP. Usually it's about it being too expensive. But anyway, considering how it was in the beta (animals insanely overpriced) this is a good thing to players who struggled to buy animals in the beta.

Also the breeding in my opinion is alot better than how it was in the final days of the Beta. They made it so it was extremely rare for ANY animal to have babies. Literally once every 20 in-game years probably. Where in the beginning of the Beta, you could look away for 5 mins and next thing you know you have 50 Peafowl and 15 Warthog babies. After an update it wasn't so extreme. It was more manageable. Your Warthogs had like 5 babies every hour or so. Same for Peafowl. Other animals were slightly rarer to breed but it wasn't too much of a long wait. Then came the final update which ruined it all as I already explained.

The new breeding system for me is better and Its easy to manage and I honestly hope they don't change it. I've had 2 litters of 3 Cheetah babies (in both litters). Both were an hour apart I think. My Ardvark has had 3 babies (separate pregnancies) about 3-4 hours apart. And my Tortoise had 4 babies an hour after purchase. I remember the Warthogs having babies like 20 mins after purchase....Bad times....

Last edited:
@KaoRu

Specifically cash animals, which are only posted by Frontier Zoo. Ex. how it only costs $200 to buy a bison, sometimes under $100 for a peafowl, especially since it is easy to make a huge profit margin within the games first decade. This hasn't changed from beta. In beta I was sitting on a +90k profit so buying out every cash animal posted was no sweat at all- after they nerfed breeding in the beta I would just refresh the market and buy every single cash animal. The most expensive cash animals seemed to only hit 3-4k, which is barely anything.

@KaoRu

Specifically cash animals, which are only posted by Frontier Zoo. Ex. how it only costs $200 to buy a bison, sometimes under $100 for a peafowl, especially since it is easy to make a huge profit margin within the games first decade. This hasn't changed from beta. In beta I was sitting on a +90k profit so buying out every cash animal posted was no sweat at all- after they nerfed breeding in the beta I would just refresh the market and buy every single cash animal. The most expensive cash animals seemed to only hit 3-4k, which is barely anything.
Usually the cash animals are so cheap based on their stats I think. So infertility, Longevity...All those things. 🤔 In Sandbox they're REALLY high. Like $9,000+. Even the CC can be like 10,000 for an Elephant. But it's Sandbox so price doesn't really matter in that mode. 😅

I think stats only affect it minimally, since I have gotten cash animals with decent stats for the similar cheap price as the others. But yes, I have only played franchise.

Top Bottom