Product Update - Planet Coaster is coming to Steam

Steam integration is the best news yet.
Thank you guys.
Steam workshop will make sharing parks and blueprints a breeze.
And everyone that is worried, steam is free, safe, and with the steam workshop makes finding and sharing content so easy.
Again i cant say how grateful i am that Planet coaster is coming to Steam.
Best news yet. Thank you :D

a question about steamworkshop,is it only blueprints/saved games we can upload using ingame assets or will we also be able to create our own assets in the workshop?

Last edited:
Will parks made in the Alpha be compatible with the Beta and with the Full Game?

I don't have an answer for this currently. [sad]

This would be quite an issue for me honestly, especially considering the fact that some might not be done with their creations by the time the Alpha closes or later on when the Beta closes! Also imagine finishing a park in time but then never being able to look at it again once the Alpha/Beta closes and we've moved on to the full game.
I'm sure others who have early access will agree that this should definitely be looked into by the devs.

It'd be great if you could bring this up as a point in discussions with the devs.

Last edited:
Yes it is free. But the account is limited. To lift that i have to buy something for $5,-
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3330-IAGK-7663&l

i know what i am talking about.
I got cities skylines as a present on DVD and i received my Parkitect key via Pre-Alpha. My account is limited.

When you add PC to ur steam account it will count as a bought product and lift the limits on ur account.
That is Valves way of stopping people creating lots of accounts to cheat in free to play games that is all.

When you add PC to ur steam account it will count as a bought product and lift the limits on ur account.
That is Valves way of stopping people creating lots of accounts to cheat in free to play games that is all.
I don't think so. As you might have read. I also got my Parkitect key, which i bought, after Pre-Alpha and the account is still limited.

Last edited:

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator

I dont think thats true :

"CD Keys, retail purchases, and gifts do not remove limited user restrictions."

At the same time, do you really need those locked features? I think pretty much all of the features are not really needed and you wouldn't have had access to them if the game kept running trough the Frontier installer.

Last edited:
Just got the email.

This is great news! I wasn't too keen on having to deal with another "Launcher" to keep the game updated, and putting the custom assets and mods on the Steam Workshop takes a lot of the headache off of Frontier's end as far as hosting and curating the content goes.

It'll also get a LOT more exposure than being on it's own. More exposure means more people buying the game. More people buying the game, means more development in this game by Frontier, and the Theme Park Builder/Management genre in general.

Also, more people buying the game means more people will be making custom mods and assets.

Looking at other Early-Access games I've played, getting on Steam was a launchpad to massive sales. Kerbal Space Program and Prison Architect took off like a rocket after their debuts.

So 23 august, then we have september, october, november, december for the final release

so we will get 4 months of beta? or is there a chance we arent gonna see a full release in 2016?

Yes it is free. But the account is limited. To lift that i have to buy something for $5,-
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3330-IAGK-7663&l

i know what i am talking about.
I got cities skylines as a present on DVD and i received my Parkitect key via Pre-Alpha. My account is limited.

How does it affect you that the account is limited? It doesn't give you less power than if the game would not be on steam. There are no downsides to it being on steam

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

So 23 august, then we have september, october, november, december for the final release

so we will get 4 months of beta? or is there a chance we arent gonna see a full release in 2016?

Beta doesn't start immediately when Alpha 3 is released

How does it affect you that the account is limited? It doesn't give you less power than if the game would not be on steam. There are no downsides to it being on steam

Well. Read the link and then you know why this could mean trouble not just for me.

Last edited:

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator

4 Month's of Beta??

Alpha 3 starts in August and will probably run untill Ocober. Then we will probably have 1 or 2 month's of Beta before release :)

Well. Read the link and then you know why this could mean trouble.

Im not trying to say there is no problem, but im just curious. Which locked feature would you really need?
(If i understand correctly you can still play the game and download stuff from the workshop)

Last edited:
So what FD is saying, is that I will be forced to install and use Steam just to play PC? No other game I play, I play through Steam. I will be giving some serious thought as to whether I will be asking for a refund and uninstalling this game. Too bad, because I kind of like it.

Don't Worry. Steam is OK. You'll find out that it's benefits greatly outweigh it's drawbacks...

I am happy that there will be Steam support for those who wanted it, but I am very disappointed that it is going to be mandatory... [mad] I prefer the individual game launcher.

I dont think thats true :

"CD Keys, retail purchases, and gifts do not remove limited user restrictions."

At the same time, do you really need those locked features? I think pretty much all of the features are not really needed and you wouldn't have had access to them if the game kept running trough the Frontier installer.

Hmmm. I maybe mistaken then.
Maybe Frontier could contact valve and see if there is a way people can lift the limits on Steam accounts after adding a key.
Maybe contacting Steam support (They are pretty bad at replying) they could remove the limits.

Harbinger

Volunteer Moderator
Im not trying to say there is no problem, but im just curious. Which locked feature would you really need?
(If i understand correctly you can still play the game and download stuff from the workshop)

The main issue would probably be the ability for him to share his own content on the Steam Workshop since a limited account would only be able to download the Steam Workshop content of others.

Last edited:
Top Bottom