Ships Professor Palin Doesn't Like Me (LOL)

Well, in order to get to Palin, I went through Marco Qwent, gaining Grade 5 access with him. Looking at the requirements to access Palin, I checked the box for "Learned about Palin from Marco Qwent. However, Palin remains grayed out (locked). I thought I had to start my journey of 5,000ly away from my starting point (I've thus far made it about 2000), but that progress doesn't show under "Max Distance From Start" under Palin.

Does anyone know if I missed something or if this is a bug?

Go all the way. Erm - i mean 5000ly. (think i got sidetracked and did like 6000ly)
You'll get a message even if you are out there (yes, Palin is that smart/cool)

Yes I relogged... many times.

I'm not so sure that just traveling all the way out there is going fix the problem. I've done this before on an older account and Palin always kept track of how far I had gone.

Yes I relogged... many times.

I'm not so sure that just traveling all the way out there is going fix the problem. I've done this before on an older account and Palin always kept track of how far I had gone.

Yes, i do remember Palin keeping track of my progress, but you should consider that he went through a really traumatic event with his based being attacked and his evacuation megaship also attacked.
He probably lost some of his tools on the way to his new base and/or he's still busy with the relocation. So he might still notice when you reach the goal.

How about Chloe, Palin's pupil?

Just keep going, he will send you a message, I unlocked him a couple of days on my new playthrough, whatever you do is don't get to what you think is 5k from your starting point and then turn back, its 5k from what Palin thinks is your starting point and he will send you a message so dont turn back. I think in the end is was more like 5300 light years for me before I got the nod.

PS Just in case I didn't mention it but don't turn back until you gets his message.

Well, it looks like Chloe is paying attention :) I've gone 3500 of 5000 and it's indicated under her name.

Looks like I'll be going to her for thruster engineering.

You gotta finish it; go the 5k Ly. I had to. Then I had to collect x number of sensor fragments. That old S.O.B. didn't like me either until I turned in those dang fragments. Now he calls me "Old Friend".

GL HF

It's been two years since I did the 5k light years thing for Palin. He didn't keep track of my light years traveled from my starter system, but I did.

I kept a bookmark at my starter system and used that to track my distance.

Hm, maybe I should go on another one of those, now that even the little Cobra MK3 that I did that journey with has a guardian module... At least I'd get there and back a little faster.

I kept a bookmark at my starter system and used that to track my distance.
Luckily you don't need to do that:

Palin has goid spies all over the galaxy, you can't cheat him by even one light year.

That's not how he does it, the super powers have a widget installed in your nav systems that reports the location of every ship to them so that if they need to they can track you down [conspiracy theory / NSA / CIA / GCHQ / KGB / MIB / FSB / <other>]

Prof. Palin just hacks their database - he's better than they are, you see...

:) ;) :D

Palin has goid spies all over the galaxy, you can't cheat him by even one light year.
How does Lori Jameson do it, then? I was in Colonia when I hit Dangerous in combat, and she messaged me before I even got back to the station to sell my bounties.

And she never once called me when I was in Shinrarta Dezhra, not once, even though I pretty much lived there for a couple years. Yet she does find me 22,000LY away.

It's a conspiracy I tell ya! :p

How does Lori Jameson do it, then? I was in Colonia when I hit Dangerous in combat, and she messaged me before I even got back to the station to sell my bounties.

And she never once called me when I was in Shinrarta Dezhra, not once, even though I pretty much lived there for a couple years. Yet she does find me 22,000LY away.

It's a conspiracy I tell ya! :p
The Pilot Federation probably has a secret explosive device on every ship. INRA on steroids.

Top Bottom