General Gameplay Proposal for JWE DLC Interactivity for a Hypothetical JWE2

With a new wave of rumours currently rolling in, I'd like to think that a sequel is very likely. But no rumours are official, so let's just assume that I'm talk about a hypothetical JWE2.

To begin, let's look at 2 approaches for how DLC dinosaurs could be managed for JWE2 (barring in mind that the majority of the work for them has already been completed) and their consequences:
  1. Add every dinosaur from the final version of JWE to the base game of JWE2
    • Pros - Everyone is here!
    • Cons - People may feel ripped off by having the had previously bought dinosaurs that are now being put in for free
  2. Don't add every dinosaur from JWE to JWE2
    • Pros - Less feeling of being ripped off
    • Cons - People won't be happy about dinosaurs they like getting axed in the sequel
It's evident that both of these options have both positive and negative consequences. But I believe there's a third approach that could benefit the most amount of people; giving JWE DLC compatibility in JWE2.
This is something already done by Creative Assembly for the Total War: Warhammer series. Basically, only people who bought the JWE DLC would be able to use that DLC for JWE2. This would provide every dinosaur in JWE to players without the feeling of being ripped off.

I'd like to conclude that since JWE2 isn't something that's been confirmed. But with JW3 coming out next year, I'd like to make this proposal before development would be finalized for this hypothetical sequel.

I think that if there is a jwe 2 then every Dino should be base roster.well have every Dino from the previous game and there will probably more Dino’s in jwe 2 dlc packs that we can buy.think of it like super smash bros ultimate and there slogan: EVERYONE IS HERE .

What about compies, Pteranodons, and any DLC dinosaurs that appear in JW3 (Dreadnoughtus being the most likely candidate)? Due to JWE’s base roster, I’d strongly prefer all movie species to be included as part of the base JWE2 game.
For situations like that, perhaps they could pick and choose what gets carried over:
  • The Cretaceous pack would have a new model variant for Dreadnoughtus (to match how it appeared in JWE)
  • Return to Jurassic Park would have model variants for Pteranodon and Compsognathus (to match their JP3 and TLW depictions respectively)

Honestly most games nowadays just eventually throw all of their DLC into a "Definitive Edition" or "Game of the Year Edition" of the exact same game once the base game has run its course. We're not even talking about that though. We're talking about a whole new game that would (presumably) be built to run on next-generation consoles (and PCs obviously). The hope would be that JWE2 would be bigger and better than its predecessor, and having all of the previous game's improvements and additions would be a no-brainer. ALL of the DLC dinosaurs and mechanics should be included in a sequel if you ask me. Whether or not they should be changed to reflect any changes seen in Jurassic World 3 (a different, film-canon design of Dreadnoughtus, etc.) is a whole other kettle of fish...

If there is some JWE2, the feeling of being 'ripped off' will be there either way: why the hell do I must pay again for a full AAA+ game just to have everything plus a couple of new features? There simply aren't enough missing features to justify a sequel, none that couldn't be implemented on expansion-pack-like-DLCs anyway. Nothing actually game-changing that couldn't be implemented on JWE. Not new animations, not new flying or marine species, not even guest overhaul.

People just keep bringing the 'engine' argument, and I say 'prove it'. Write the specific part of the code that couldn't be changed in order to implement X. Show your astounding programming skills to prove nothing of it can be done in the current game. Dinosaur size changing was supposed to be impossible. Yet we had several of them. Sand on Nublar was supposed to be impossible. Yet we have it. Pteranodons were supposed to be impossible, and there they are.

Ultimately, what all this crap is all about is just console update. People just doubt, not without reason here, that their precious consoles eventually won't be able to handle certain features or saves will their current limitations and all the other games and whatnot. Also, and even more importantly, that they would need to keep them to play JWE when the 'new gen' comes out.

And yeah, Universal might see great marketing niche there, but no - this is NO good reason to claim for a sequel. Sequel means 'a published, broadcast, or recorded work that continues the story or develops the theme of an earlier one'. I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that all big DLCs so far were doing precisely that so, why on earth asking for a whole new game that won't, ever, be 'whole new'?

If there is some JWE2, the feeling of being 'ripped off' will be there either way: why the hell do I must pay again for a full AAA+ game just to have everything plus a couple of new features? There simply aren't enough missing features to justify a sequel, none that couldn't be implemented on expansion-pack-like-DLCs anyway. Nothing actually game-changing that couldn't be implemented on JWE. Not new animations, not new flying or marine species, not even guest overhaul.

People just keep bringing the 'engine' argument, and I say 'prove it'. Write the specific part of the code that couldn't be changed in order to implement X. Show your astounding programming skills to prove nothing of it can be done in the current game. Dinosaur size changing was supposed to be impossible. Yet we had several of them. Sand on Nublar was supposed to be impossible. Yet we have it. Pteranodons were supposed to be impossible, and there they are.

Ultimately, what all this crap is all about is just console update. People just doubt, not without reason here, that their precious consoles eventually won't be able to handle certain features or saves will their current limitations and all the other games and whatnot. Also, and even more importantly, that they would need to keep them to play JWE when the 'new gen' comes out.

And yeah, Universal might see great marketing niche there, but no - this is NO good reason to claim for a sequel. Sequel means 'a published, broadcast, or recorded work that continues the story or develops the theme of an earlier one'. I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that all big DLCs so far were doing precisely that so, why on earth asking for a whole new game that won't, ever, be 'whole new'?
Woah dude. No need to get so passive-aggressive about this. I agree with you on all of your points too, but let's be real here; with a new console generation on the horizon, a sequel to any successful game is a safe bet. If a hypothetical sequel to Jurassic World Evolution had an entirely new story campaign featuring a brand-new (and maybe actually good this time) storyline, new dinosaurs, new building areas, etc., I don't know why you wouldn't be comfortable with supporting and playing it. As long as it's different enough and has enough new content to justify its existence as a separate, expanded follow-up to the first game, I see no problems. Anyone who's purchased all of the DLC Packs and Expansions so far has already basically paid for another AAA game anyway, at least as far as the cost is concerned. Either way, I don't really care whether we get a sequel or not. Frontier is doing a fantastic job with this license, and as long as we get more Jurassic World Evolution, be it DLC for this game or a sequel, I'll be happy.

Woah dude. No need to get so passive-aggressive about this. I agree with you on all of your points too, but let's be real here; with a new console generation on the horizon, a sequel to any successful game is a safe bet. If a hypothetical sequel to Jurassic World Evolution had an entirely new story campaign featuring a brand-new (and maybe actually good this time) storyline, new dinosaurs, new building areas, etc., I don't know why you wouldn't be comfortable with supporting and playing it. As long as it's different enough and has enough new content to justify its existence as a separate, expanded follow-up to the first game, I see no problems. Anyone who's purchased all of the DLC Packs and Expansions so far has already basically paid for another AAA game anyway, at least as far as the cost is concerned. Either way, I don't really care whether we get a sequel or not. Frontier is doing a fantastic job with this license, and as long as we get more Jurassic World Evolution, be it DLC for this game or a sequel, I'll be happy.

I agree with what you said, but all your arguments regarding a JWE2 are heavily based upon ifs, as-long-as' and hopefullys. Yes, maybe JWE2 will feature "an entirely new story campaign featuring a brand-new storyline", maybe it will feature new dinosaurs, maybe it will feature significantly new building areas. Maybe, hopefully, probably, likely. We hope and pray for that, but when looking at how much JWE was lacking when it came out for like 60 dollars, I doubt I'm the sole person that has its justified doubts about that. And that's why some people, including me, are sceptical about a possible sequel and want to exploit the already existing game to its very maximum before they publish a sequel.

Top Bottom