COMPLETED CG Protect the Alliance's expansion into the Coalsack Nebula from Thargoid attack (AX Combat)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Thanks you for the offer, but it's really the "there can only be one 25% who can win"-attidude that FDev tries to apply to their playerbase that turns me off.
I am cooperative in nature.
And this can not be bought.
If you even suggest a price - like here - this has the exact opposite effect on me.

Plus whats with the players who participate a lot - but don't have a large enough cargo ship yet?
(Rare breed, I know, but lets just assume someone like that exists.)
They could do more cargo-runs then anyone else but would not be able to get into the 25% due to lack of cargo-capacity - is thier work worth less?

If you want me in the boat, it's either everone gets this FSD-Booster, or noone.
I would have been fine with noone, btw, I think in that case I even would have helped with loading FleetCarriers in the bubble - which gives you NOTHING in return, as far as the CG is concerned.

Heck, just make the condition for getting the FSD-Booster a flat number, like x tons of cargo.
In that case I would definitely helped loading an FC once I was done with getting to that number.

Sorry if this does not make sense to you, but I can't explain my feelings any better.

o7

P.S.: Give the cookies to someone who deserves them more then I do. :p
K.

Don't forget to help the Trade CG if you have any cargo capacity while you're waiting for NHSS to respawn, or if you have done enough AX combat already.

Carriers are arriving all the time, check the other CG thread for the latest (or the Carrier discord if you use that); deliver 1 or more tonnes to the Megaship (after you have signed up for the Trade CG) and it will help increase the number of people getting into the top 25%.
I was thinking to do the same for the AX combat. Ill go kill a couple of scouts and inflate the 25% a bit.

I was thinking to do the same for the AX combat. Ill go kill a couple of scouts and inflate the 25% a bit.

Please do. It will help people that for whaterver reason cant get along the trade CG and are counting on the AX CG to get the top25%

And basically anyone that is getting bored waiting for the next FC - just pop in a threat 3/4 NHSS, kill a single scout then Sign In to the AX CG and deliver the 10000 voucher.
Scouts can be killed with any weapons - they dont need special outfitting, they dont do Chaff so turrets and gimbals do wonders - but be careful - they can be pretty nasty, especially the corrosive missiles (corrosion can be stopped by overheating the ship to 120-140%)

Edit: and dont be near when they explode. These doodes are like Aliens - they will splash out with corrosive stuff when they pop.

Last edited:
That's all I did this time, every little helps and I don't think there was time to get top 25% in both CGs unless you are a really accomplished Interceptor killer.

I solo'd several Cyclops during AXI's excellent Art of War CG but haven't made the jump to Basilisks yet as I've been busy doing other stuff.

Thanks for the tips! In my case there was no COVAS warning, but I did see the Cyc' turning cyan, which per an online tipsheet means EMP is coming. But I'm not yet 100% on the buttons for this kind of combat (mainly because I keep tweaking the Fire Groups) so I had to think for a split second and that caught me out. I did get the Neutralizer triggered, just too late, it only put out a weak signal. Also, I was too close to the Cyc' when it EMPed, gotta learn to keep a proper distance.
Yeah I gave up on this one :cautious:

The 25% treshold was moving up faster then I was able to beat Cyclopse...
And my sole try on a Basilisk with another CMDR ended as always. In total defeat :eek:
I'm a cyclops scrub myself, but polish partisans played as an important role in the great war as did the famous red baron types. Just nobody talks about them much.

Carrier 'Larry Niven' K6T-04F.
Heading from HIP 62359 to Margulis Station, CD-44 10336.
Trip is for Guardian weapons.
Round trip.
Departure approx 16:00.
Return approx 16:30

Edit: Times are for START of 15 minute countdown. 🤪

Last edited:
Hey quick question, I just joined the Combat CG to pad the numbers (maybe it can get someone an FSD) but my Chief doesn't have any AX weapons (didn't have time to find a station selling any before taxiing back to the Coalsack).
There might be a carrier selling some sort of AX cannons in the Sack apparently but I wonder if my normal weaponry would be enough, I just plan on killing maybe a couple Scouts.
ie a bunch of fully engineered MCs with a couple small Rails ?

Also, do I absolutely need decontamination limpets ? I've got a handful of decent hull reinforcements but the hull proper is "just" Military Grade with Lightweight 1 + Deep plating, so around 2.6-2.7k hull (don't ask, I don't know why I have that thing is setup like that either)

Hey quick question, I just joined the Combat CG to pad the numbers (maybe it can get someone an FSD) but my Chief doesn't have any AX weapons (didn't have time to find a station selling any before taxiing back to the Coalsack).
There might be a carrier selling some sort of AX cannons in the Sack apparently but I wonder if my normal weaponry would be enough, I just plan on killing maybe a couple Scouts.

Also, do I absolutely need decontamination limpets ? I've got a handful of decent hull reinforcements but the hull proper is "just" Military Grade with Lightweight 1 + Deep plating, so around 2.6-2.7k hull (don't ask, I don't know why I have that thing is setup like that either)

Yes, all weapons work on Scouts. And since they dont use Chaff and they dont have shields, turrets and gimbals will make a short work of them
The only dangerous thing is the corrosion effect from missiles or from passing through the acid cloud left behind when they pop.
You can remove corrosion by overheating your ship to 120-140% (silent run and firing some weapons is enough) or by using a decontamination limpet

Go for an Threat 3 NHSS - should be fine

Thanks guys, I'll try with my current setup.

I looked for carriers selling AX weapon but the stock is gone except for missiles. Bah, I can afford a whole bunch of rebuys anyway, plus I managed to find a decontamination limpet controller.

Last edited:

^^ Everything you ever wanted to know about Scouts, but were afraid to ask.

Even 1 Scout will get you on the scoreboard and hopefully get someone else a shiny new FSD.

Last edited:

^^ Everything you ever wanted to know about Scouts, but were afraid to ask.

Oh, I have that site in my bookmarks, it was just the most rushed attempt at turning just one bounty ASAP (I wasn't sure if the Combat CG would go on after the Trade one is completed) with what I had on my hands and no time/place to set it my Chief correctly :LOL:

Even 1 Scout will get you on the scoreboard and hopefully get someone else a shiny new FSD.

Yeah, that was the whole plan, hopefully one more person gets in the top 25%.
Gotta say having 6-7 Scouts after your buttocks tend to make you ship go down rather quick, managed to kill 1 and wound another before having to jump out.
But hey, I lived and turned my bounty so everything's perfect.

Last edited:
1605473440636.png

#stopthecount

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom