Protest against Wreaken

*Incoming Transmission*

[video=youtube_share;9hTW0iEeWBU]https://youtu.be/9hTW0iEeWBU[/video]

Hello Galaxy, my name is Dr. Scarlet Ashcroft and today I speak to you on behalf of scientific progress itself. For those of you who keep up to date on the occurances within our galaxy , you will know that the corporation known as Wreaken is currently operating in the Col 70 Sector for unknown purposes. They have somehow acquired a permit to this location, in spite of the fact that many other coporations have requested this permit before them. To date they have not released this permit to the public.

What some of you may not know is that information gathered from the unknown probes also leads to this area of space and failure to issue these permits is currently hindering scientific research. With the latest discovery of live alien life forms in our galaxy, it is paramount these permits be issued to the public so that we may learn more about what we might be dealing with. It is because of this that I am initiating a nonviolent protest against Wreaken.

I hereby call upon any available and willing pilots to fill all docking pads in both stations and planetary outposts within all systems where Wreaken holds influence. This protest will begin on February 26th and will last until the permits are released to the public. I myself will be stationing in Zearla, as it is a key location for Wreaken's supply lines. Humanity has a right to scientific progress and I will not permit any corporation to hinder our understanding of the galaxy.

In addition, all funds raised during this protest will be donated to Special Effect, an earth based charity centered around designing new interfaces to help disabled pilots. Together we can make the galaxy a better place. Fly safe CMDRs.

I don't know about this. Wreaken Construction seem like a pretty nasty bunch, and we have no idea what they're up to. They don't seem to be building ships for Empire or Federation, and The Aliiance - well, let's not worry about The Alliance as a superpower. So who is paying them? Sirius Corp? The Thargoids?

I'd like to see Wreaken Construction's license to work within the Col 70 Sector revoked. We already have a suspicion that there's something bad lurking out there, and I'd prefer not to have it stirred up by our meddling.

So I reckon we should be campaigning to get Wreaken Construction recalled, not for Col 70 to be opened up to everyone.

I agree: if there's trouble brewing there, then opening up the sector to everyone at once might be a mistake. Perhaps it would be better to have the Wreaken facilities subjected to a transparent, external and independent inspection. An inspection intended to reveal the nature of their operations would tell us if what they are doing out there is legal, dangerous or potentially useful. I might not trust them - it is easy to be mistrustful of mega-corps - but that doesn't automatically make what they are doing 'bad', even if the operation is clandestine. The fact is that they have sustained at least one casualty already, though, so there are 'health and safety grounds' for an inspection of their facilities.
The main problem I have with any kind of action is that I don't know what the consequences of that action would be, for either Wreaken or the bubble. There are possible scenarios that would make a large scale operation in Col 70 Sector invaluable (e.g. what if they had found a location suitable for them to grow a farm of Barnacles, potentially producing enough meta-alloys to provide for our needs without harming the 'wild' Barnacles?). Addressing the lack of knowledge would be my preferred first step, although I accept that many other viewpoints exist.

I'm sorry to hear that a few of you disagree with my agenda. However it is already well underway and I am receiving an absolutely tremendous amount of support, far more than I initially expected. This starport alone is currently struggling to accommodate this many ships. Docking lines are backed up and a few people have already tried to enter the station illegally. However humanity didn't get to where it is now by playing it safe and I see no reason to start doing so now. We should not fear the unknown, we should embrace it. The galaxy holds many secrets full of both wonder and danger, and yet as a species we will continue to press forward in the face of adversity. We now have live alien life forms pulling people out of witch space. We need to learn as much about them as we possibly can, and if they are connected to the unknown probes as many suspect, then it is paramount that we get access to that sector of space.

original.jpg

Protest Goat Deployed

We should not fear the unknown, we should embrace it. The galaxy holds many secrets full of both wonder and danger, and yet as a species we will continue to press forward in the face of adversity. We now have live alien life forms pulling people out of witch space. We need to learn as much about them as we possibly can, and if they are connected to the unknown probes as many suspect, then it is paramount that we get access to that sector of space.

A stirring speech indeed! Your tactic of disrupting Wreaken operations may throw a spotlight on what they're up to: I hope we at least gain some transparency about the Corporation. I must admit I have myself been inconvenienced by the Permit Lock on the Col 70 Sector during an expedition to the Galactic rim, and I can see the attraction of having the space opened for travel.

But have you asked yourself: who is it that locks these sectors? And why? It may be a safety feature of our navigation systems, or it may result from a decision (perhaps a treaty?) to isolate sentient xenobiological species. I am fairly sure the Federation has had access to The Guardians' knowledge base for many years; perhaps we should be asking questions of our own political leaders and what they know before trying to strong-arm access to these forbidden sectors.

In any case, I'm sure you are acting with the best intentions, and I hope that your efforts are rewarded in a way that benefits us all, whatever affiliation we may hold. I wish you Good Fortune, and I shall watch the progress of your campaign with interest.

If my information is correct I do believe it is the Pilot's Federation that controls the issuing of galactic permits. For what purpose, I am uncertain. But Wreaken is a mining and construction company. Far larger and more influential corporations have been requesting access to that area of space for quite some time now and yet, they have been continuously denied access. The fact that a mere mining company managed to get in before anyone else is incredibly unusual. I wrote an article about this previously, if it is still up you should be able to access it in Sol, Alioth, Varati, and Col 285 Sector IX-T d3-43. Whether they acquired the permit legally or illegally I do not know. But I will not stop until it is in the hands of the public. We have as much of a right to that sector of space as they do.

A stirring speech indeed! Your tactic of disrupting Wreaken operations may throw a spotlight on what they're up to: I hope we at least gain some transparency about the Corporation. I must admit I have myself been inconvenienced by the Permit Lock on the Col 70 Sector during an expedition to the Galactic rim, and I can see the attraction of having the space opened for travel.

But have you asked yourself: who is it that locks these sectors? And why? It may be a safety feature of our navigation systems, or it may result from a decision (perhaps a treaty?) to isolate sentient xenobiological species. I am fairly sure the Federation has had access to The Guardians' knowledge base for many years; perhaps we should be asking questions of our own political leaders and what they know before trying to strong-arm access to these forbidden sectors.

In any case, I'm sure you are acting with the best intentions, and I hope that your efforts are rewarded in a way that benefits us all, whatever affiliation we may hold. I wish you Good Fortune, and I shall watch the progress of your campaign with interest.
These are my feelings exactly. The best of luck to you and I hope that there is a positive outcome.
(As a side note, checking local news is a good idea always - there are many interesting clues hidden away there!)

I'd like to extend my personal gratitude for every pilot who came to join the protest yesterday. Things got a little crazy in those starports but it was all so very exciting. In only one day we managed to gather quite a following, and the cause is continuing to grow. I think together we have a real shot at finding what's out there. After such a display of galactic unity, I'm positive we will see those permits in the near future. Fly safe commanders.

Last edited:
Am about to make my way to Ega to see if Wreaken would give a permit to the Col 70 Sector. May swing by Zearla to see any potential construction sites.

a nonviolent protest against Wreaken.

A noble cause for sure, the quote above is the only part of this operation I take any issue with.

This company isn't going to listen to nonviolent protests, they've already shown they're willing to protect their interests with force, right now they're laughing. You want them to take notice, you want to disrupt their supply lines, you need to go on the offence, show them the scientific community isn't just a bunch of tree huggers.

The only thing they're going to take notice of is a massive dent in their bottom line, ships and cargo go missing all the time, 1 or 2 they won't notice, but if 100s dissapear, then they might be willing to sit down and talk.

Sometimes a bunch of hired psychopaths can make all the difference in the world :)

Top Bottom