PS4 de-bug/free roam camera?

Hi folks, so stoked to finally get my hands on this game in a few weeks. been desperate ever since it came out on PC. Pre-ordered my PS4 deluxe ed!! Can someone confirm for me whether the free-roam/de-bug camera is going to be available for the PS4? I have seen it in use on you tube etc and looks amazing. You get such a better sense of scale and awe from the angles. Considering the game has scale pretty damn well done and the amazing vistas that are available I was really hoping this wasn't just a PC thing?

Can anyone please advise on this.

Well done frontier, regardless of this, for bringing this to the PS4. Really hope PSVR is in the works and a console version of planet coaster.

THANKS GUYS[heart][heart]

I'm almost certain the answer is yes. You could ask the guys and gals over in the Xbox group, as whatever the Xbox does, the PS4 will certainly do. I've asked them many similar questions in anticipation for PS4 version, and they've been very helpful.

Nice 1 mate, thanks for that. I normally kind of avoid an xbox section of a forum with a PS4 question in case it starts the usual flame crap, but if you say they been on then might try it

:):):)

Nice 1 mate, thanks for that. I normally kind of avoid an xbox section of a forum with a PS4 question in case it starts the usual flame crap, but if you say they been on then might try it

:):):)

Thankfully the Moderators have zero tolerance for platform flamewars. Ironically, I personally feel a sort of "brotherhood" with the Xbox players, because we are all console owners, so we have much more in common with each other than the PC gamers. THAT's where things sometimes get testy (usually a PC gamer blaming the consoles for all their perceived woes in Elite Dangerous). But even those comments are fairly rare in the grand scheme.

ps - don't ask them about the PS4, ask them your question as it pertains to the Xbox, with the idea that the answer will very likely apply to the PS4 as well.

Last edited:
.... THAT's where things sometimes get testy (usually a PC gamer blaming the consoles for all their perceived woes in Elite Dangerous). ...

I have found in other games, it is actually their way of trying to mask their failures in-game. The whole PC v consoles, Xbox v PSX is dumb. Buy what you want and as a reminder, this is suppose to be an escape from reality for a time... Enjoy it.

The moderators still need to cough up the Snickers.... JT, we see you!

Hi folks, so stoked to finally get my hands on this game in a few weeks. been desperate ever since it came out on PC. Pre-ordered my PS4 deluxe ed!! Can someone confirm for me whether the free-roam/de-bug camera is going to be available for the PS4? I have seen it in use on you tube etc and looks amazing. You get such a better sense of scale and awe from the angles. Considering the game has scale pretty damn well done and the amazing vistas that are available I was really hoping this wasn't just a PC thing?

Can anyone please advise on this.

Well done frontier, regardless of this, for bringing this to the PS4. Really hope PSVR is in the works and a console version of planet coaster.

THANKS GUYS[heart][heart]

All correspondence from Dev is that ALL platforms share ALL features.

Excellent guys, thanks for the info. cannot wait to use the free roam camera then. now someone has said it here, I remember actually seeing a video with sandy sammarco recently saying that all features will be available on ps4, I'm sure he worded it like there is no short change with console versions?

@OLD DUCK-yeah I totally agree, wish sony and micro would cut the bull and allow cross-play as standard. we are all fellow gamers at the end of the day. Having like minded peeps playing games together is one of the great options of modern gaming(my first computer was a 128k spectrum!)

Thanks guys, appreciate the replies. Cannot wait to use this camera. game looks amazing. screenshots are gona be awesome. @Herschel- sorry you not got horizons, we PS4 players know what its like to be left behind!

@old duck-yeah wish crossplay was available to all, we are all gamers irrelevant of the corporate bull rules.

The Camera Suite will have to be given a button layout on your part. A bit annoying but it's like the Photo Mode for other PS4 games only you can pilot your ship while in the mode. Just make sure that you have docking permission. Larry in the station tower has been given more hours and he's not a nice person.

Last edited:
Ps4 scum! ;)

The ps4 version will be exactly the same so yes it will be there with no button binds and everything ;)

The PC version will always have more settings but it's exactly the same game on all formats (apart from Mac) as they don't have the shaders :eek:

Already owning this on PC and Xbox I will also be getting it on PS4. All the features of the game that are on PC are available on Xbox and will be available on PS4. The only advantage gameplay wise the PC has over consoles is voiceattack. Personally I spend more time on Xbox because of the convenience. Even having all the controls mapped to the controller is surprisingly easy. In short I'm looking forward to PS4 release.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
The Camera Suite will have to be given a button layout on your part. A bit annoying but it's like the Photo Mode for other PS4 games only you can pilot your ship while in the mode. Just make sure that you have docking permission. Larry in the station tower has been given more hours and he's not a nice person.

Surely they will have a default setup figured out by the time PS4 launches same with multicrew. We shouldn't need to be binding new setups unless we want to. Will feel unfinished if half the features have no binds. Gary? :D

Already owning this on PC and Xbox I will also be getting it on PS4. All the features of the game that are on PC are available on Xbox and will be available on PS4. The only advantage gameplay wise the PC has over consoles is voiceattack. Personally I spend more time on Xbox because of the convenience. Even having all the controls mapped to the controller is surprisingly easy. In short I'm looking forward to PS4 release.

Describe this "voiceattack" please.

Describe this "voiceattack" please.
VA is brilliant if you use PC. It's a 3rd party tool (not FDev), that provides basically voice activated macros. HCS Voicepacks provide Elite (and Star Citizen) oriented packs. Search youtube for HCS Voicepacks for examples of these in action.

I use VA all the time on PC. Brilliant.

Last edited:
PS4 supports voice commands, but I don't know how much work the OS does and how much work the developer must do. I've mentioned this before, but I would LOVE (FDev, that's your queue) for ED to support voice commands on PS4 - if not now, perhaps as part of 2.4.

Top Bottom