PS4 explorers club

So, I’ve finally made it! This is Sepositus Beacon and, according to EDSM,

‘At 45,374 LYs from Sagittarius A* and located where the Perseus Fade meets the intergalactic void, this is thought to be the most distant reachable system from the centre of the galaxy. It was first visited in January 3302, shortly after the discovery of jumponium enhanced drive-technology but prior to the engineering era.’

x4VqKoW.jpg

And the view from the furthest planet in the system.

0bnaWcl.jpg

And some other features on my way here…

lEuiQgy.jpg

vpqbV0h.jpg

D42HKEM.jpg

smC9Nie.jpg

r9t0rzG.jpg

5DBNd2i.jpg

jRAwNgo.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats man looks like you have a awesome view of the galaxy from there. Wonder how long it would take to get there from the bubble in a exploraconda I might go check it out sometime.

Last edited:
Congrats man looks like you have a awesome view of the galaxy from there. Wonder how long it would take to get there from the bubble in a exploraconda I might go check it out sometime.

I set off on Christmas day last year. I am ambling about to be sure, i have probably covered about 45,000 Ly since i started and I haven't got an extreme exploraconda (40ly jump). The biggest test is getting across the gap between the inner and outer arms. I didn't have the engineered jump range to make it so i had to go over to the formidine rift and across and then up - that added about 3 weeks of 'gameplay'.

Take plenty of jumponium would be my advice.

Congrats, nice journey. Am on my way with DW2 right now (currently mining stuff for the station close to Sag A).

Great community event with some nice get togethers (races etc...) but also a very slow pace.

I set off on Christmas day last year. I am ambling about to be sure, i have probably covered about 45,000 Ly since i started and I haven't got an extreme exploraconda (40ly jump). The biggest test is getting across the gap between the inner and outer arms. I didn't have the engineered jump range to make it so i had to go over to the formidine rift and across and then up - that added about 3 weeks of 'gameplay'.

Take plenty of jumponium would be my advice.

Awesome I plan on circumnavigating the galaxy after I finish the guardian tech grind and will definitely add this system to the list of places I want to visit. If you made it work with just a 40LY jump range that's good news I'm not a fan of stripping down to a ship held together by ducktape and prayers and was afraid I'd have to for long range exploration. Jumponium isn't a issue I keep my tanks full and will have srvs with me in case I need to stop and refill them. Good luck on the rest of your journey man stay safe out there

Last edited:
I was fortunate enough the other day to bump into not one, not two, but three Water Worlds in a single system; two of which were ringed!

AApQkmm.jpg

KF3ubbm.jpg

3OdI49z.jpg

Which was nice!

This is not the end. This is not even the beginning of the end. Though, it is perhaps, the end of the beginning.

I am at GAIDUE LW-C D1 - some 26,156.5 LY from Sol. However, if my flight data is to be believed I have travelled more than 36,590 LY to get here! It is the furthest reach of the outer Cygnus arm of the Milky Way that I am prepared to venture to right now! I fall short of the outermost reach by a mere 1,306 LY! I could venture deeper into that blackness but that is a journey for another time. Though space is lovely, dark and deep, I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.

After 3 months of travel I have arrived at THE START of my adventure - yes THE START! I had anticipated a relatively quick journey to this point from which I would travel spinwards into the core and explore each of the mighty arms. I wonder how long this adventure will take?

Some Stats For you:
I have jumped more than 1,015 times since I started this journey, I have discovered 571 systems first, I have scanned 1,164 stars and 2,739 planets.

My totals are: 5,349 systems visited, 7,779 jumps, a total distance of 182,264 LY and I have earned 595,197,084 cr from exploration data sales.

And so - to the core! Though there will be stops along the way for I intend to pay a visit to a deep space station, Explorers Anchorage near the eye, a mega ship and of course Colonia before I venture to Sag A and The Great Annihilator.

yfSu72s.jpg

ixajNN5.jpg

Os4fVhD.jpg

iRDnGu7.jpg

Just arrived at EA (Not the company) and sadly i'm going to part ways with my crew to get full profit. Time to get rich and put my squadron top 3.

Since I started my Distant World 2 journey from Pallaeni on the 12th January, I have carried out more than 4500 jumps jumping to Beagle Point. My 41ly jump range wasn't sufficient to get me to Salome's reach without Jumponeum so I didn't risk it but have seen some wonderful sights.

I have met some wonderful people at the various meet-ups along the way and hope to keep in contact with them as I return back to the bubble.

I won't be coming back via the direct route. I am going to be following the Galactic arm clockwise round the galaxy as an alternate journey. Hopefully I'll encounter a few sight, sounds and scenes that no-one else has previously discovered.

Cool,keep cmdrs am me too in the black for a honorary exploration trip am opposite to colonia.and will anti clockwise to beagle pt. and do a stop at colonia. perhaps if a return to the game is needed in the future may return to the bubble too.

Top Bottom