PS4 Patch for April 2019 update 1.33 is big...~5.8GB

Another 5.8GB...
Launch the PS4 via remote play and get downloading...
D42MT4cXkAAmP0U

Last edited:
It'll be later this week before I can download this. I'll be interested to hear what bugs are fixed and what new bugs are introduced - a review of the patch if you will. Of particular interest to me (PS4 Slim or PS4 Pro Performance Mode):
1) Shadow quality​
2) Disappearing stars outside the Bubble after multiple jumps​
3) Long POI scan times​
4) Bouncing menu selector​
5) Permaboost NPCs (and NPC behavior in general)​
6) Planet "dithering" / macroblocking​
7) Changes to the new "Instagram" filter​

Texture quality has also taken a huge nerf during one of the last updates, but I'm less sensitive to this than I am to flickering shadows and EBL.

This is a very nice QOL update. The game seems to being running a little smoother to. I did notice an audio pop once in a while tho.

Deleted member 166264

D
Is anyone else having trouble switching ships? I had to try entering the shipyard three times before it finally let me in.

Jumpy mission scrolling still not fixed. Only been 14 months. Now I’ll have to navigate that new bug reporting site to report it yet again.

Jumpy mission scrolling still not fixed. Only been 14 months. Now I’ll have to navigate that new bug reporting site to report it yet again.
Can you maybe post the link to the created issue here then we can comment on it that we can reproduce it. Maybe they will fix it then. One day.

Can only confirm the introduction of a new bug. Firing a collection limpet in combat mode flashes up a large message telling you that you're in the wrong mode.

dam I am glad I am waiting for frontier support to get back to me about my suicidal anaconda blew itself up 6,000ly from beagle point, and was advised not to use rebuy screen until I find out if I can be put back. hope they fix stuff before I can rejoin final leg of DW2.

Do geological POIs still take forever to scan in FSS? The FSS is pretty much "the game" I play these days, so any fixes / improvements to it are welcome.

Do geological POIs still take forever to scan in FSS? The FSS is pretty much "the game" I play these days, so any fixes / improvements to it are welcome.

Still takes a long time unfortunately... Depending on the system population of planets I usually get the geological scans done after mapping the entire system. Still annoying though, since you have to re-visit the planet in the FSS or system map to see what POI are available.

Still takes a long time unfortunately... Depending on the system population of planets I usually get the geological scans done after mapping the entire system. Still annoying though, since you have to re-visit the planet in the FSS or system map to see what POI are available.
Someone in another thread (a reliable source) has at least implied that very few (maybe just one) of the exploration-related bugs have been fixed. Someone else said all their Codex entries were nuked with this latest update. So when I go to my friend's house tonight, I'll be playing Overwatch instead of downloading this latest patch.

Don't worry, I'll save the rest of my salt for DD. People in this subforum love the game, and I'm apparently an outlier, so I'll see myself to the door. 🖐

Someone in another thread (a reliable source) has at least implied that very few (maybe just one) of the exploration-related bugs have been fixed. Someone else said all their Codex entries were nuked with this latest update. So when I go to my friend's house tonight, I'll be playing Overwatch instead of downloading this latest patch.

Don't worry, I'll save the rest of my salt for DD. People in this subforum love the game, and I'm apparently an outlier, so I'll see myself to the door. 🖐

You stay right here ducky boy! Why worry about some random casuls complaining at you...

I've said goodbye to the PS4 Pro version of the game since two weeks I own an Xbox One X and the game looks much better and has less FPS issues. The sharpness of the text alone makes me refuse to go back to the PS4 pro.

I've said goodbye to the PS4 Pro version of the game since two weeks I own an Xbox One X and the game looks much better and has less FPS issues. The sharpness of the text alone makes me refuse to go back to the PS4 pro.
Thing is, this game has so many other bugs that it would be silly for me personally to invest in hardware just to try to make the game look better. Every time an update is released, I think, "I'm so glad I didn't buy a Pro / XBox / PC for this game!" All my other games look great to me, which if anything shows that I'm actually not fussy when it comes to graphics quality, because I'm happy with the quality of all the other games in my library on a humble PS4 Slim.

I just need to wait for some nice replacements in the genre. Money not spent on new hardware (and cosmetics in ED) is money I can spend on new games instead, and there are some interesting new space-based games (IMO) coming out this year :D

Findings so far from Original gen PS4 version... (Not PC version...)

The Zero throttle after Hyperspace jump option only effects DS4 users, the Hotas Over rides it and applies what ever setting you have on the hotas, so turned that off...

SCA as stated only brakes for the destination. Suns and planets in the way will be hit at full speed with the normal result of the ejection impact... your chucked out of super cruse and damaged...
SCA orbit setting is awesome for Probing planets/object with DSS...
SCA can only be activated in Nav panel when in super cruse, no button map found yet...

Stations with no DC support also don't have any ADC, so manual in and out flying required
ADC works on "rescue megaships" but not on the damaged station.

Fetch trade missions items are now easier to find item of the mission...
Highlight the Item in market, select it, select view it on galaxy map, find a system with Green marker as there exporter of item and select the station and way point the target station... much more fluid now...

Systems which are part of missions are now highlighted in nav section with a Massive Big Blue bar not just a tiny orange icon...

Profit per cutter cargo run is up by 2 tons
Python mining ship gets 4 more tons of mined items ( another ~6.4 mill ) per trip...
As the extras slot is not used for new items...

Zero System crashes (touch wood)... did have one server kick out but that was before the servers were taken down... none after...

Being out in the middle of nowhere on DW2, there isn't much I'm able to test.
  • They finally seem to have fixed the "System scan complete" spam.
  • Planet POI's still take forever to scan in FSS.
  • Dropped into an asteroid field to test the usual shadow and artifact bugs. No joy there, but wasn't expected.
  • The skybox bug is still there, but I didn't expect that to be fixed either. When they do fix that, I'd image they will be doing a lot of fanfare announcing it since it's been there the entire life of the game.
  • I had to re-do my fire groups. The fire groups for my DSS and ADS (do we just call it DS now?) poofed, likely due to the optional module slot changes.
I like the new UI layout, except for the size of the font for jumps remaining. Took me a while to find where that ended up due to the saturation of the cockpit HUD colors. I wish they would allow us to change the color of the ship HUD to make it easier to see some things. I'm convinced that not a single one of the ED developers is color blind.

If you go idle in the main menu you no longer have to restart the entire game to successfully log in. It's been a problem since the release of Beyond.

Top Bottom