PS4 Woes

I’m an avid elite fan. Us PS4 owners got elite a year after pc (master race 😜) and Xbox players. I’ve nearly accrued a years worth of in game time (😳) and only have 2 billion. Fleet carriers are way off for me ☹. I may as well ignore them and save my credits for whatever the big update brings? Any other PS4 players in the same boat?

There are plenty console players with billions and plenty PC players who dont. Regardless of what platform you play everyone started at different times, some players are casual players while others are invested players, everyone is different. PC players dont automatically have more than console players (some PC players started ED when you started for example). In fact you have more than me and im a PC player of 4 years. If i decide to get a FC, i will just 'play the game' to get it.

I’m an avid elite fan. Us PS4 owners got elite a year after pc (master race 😜) and Xbox players. I’ve nearly accrued a years worth of in game time (😳) and only have 2 billion. Fleet carriers are way off for me ☹. I may as well ignore them and save my credits for whatever the big update brings? Any other PS4 players in the same boat?

There might be some PS4 players in the same boat but if it's exactly the same boat (owned the game for two and a half years, with a year's worth of in-game time) it will have nothing to do with the platform and everything to do with how you've chosen to spend your time.

Just as a reminder, the game featured 100% reliable 200m credits an hour earning potential from mining for over a year until the recent changes and even now about half that is achievable. That's without considering exploration payouts and regular mission running which would also have bagged significant amounts of credits if they'd been a focus of your gameplay for the length of time you're talking about.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not being critical of you for not focusing on earning credits - I don't obsessively chase credits myself. It doesn't change the fact that the credits were (and are) available and for someone with your game time, you really have had plenty of opportunity to rack them up. The good news is that if you still play the game as much, you should still be able to rack them up without difficulty.

When Frontier released ED on the PS4 I amassed about 7 billion credits in a short time as in four months. But then I've been playing ED on two PC accounts for six years. No matter what platform making credits is the same. I purchased the PS4 Pro when ED released it. How many of us when young purchased a console because of a game we want to play especially over Christmas or bought it for our kids? One of my hopes was that I would get to play ED using PSVR. Well, that didn't happen. Oh well.

But making credits is the same. Research the Forum and YouTube videos. Your loss is not having an expensive HOTAS programming every function on the PC version. Your gain is using a much cheaper Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS 4 for the PS which with some sub-menu skills getting your brain to work with them it is just as good for the important controls. Maybe researching the PlayStation 4 sub menu on the forum would help or not. PM me your CMDR name on the PS and I'll friend you. Then get to Adams Orbital in Beta-1 Tucanae where I hang out and we'll see...

Regards

Last edited:
I guess I’m in the wrong. I’ve never chased credits or exploited. I’m just a bit peeved that after years of playing I’m gonna have to skip the new content. Don’t get me wrong - I’m in a fully engineered ‘vette, with guardian tech and stuggling to find something to do next. So the next update being unobtainable is a kick in the space balls ☹️

Do you not have a mining rig?

Fleet Carriers aren't released until June, you still have time to build up your credits

Im able to mine and carry 198 LTD, selling them all for a total of 181 million credits for 2 to 3 hrs work. And this is at Colonia, you'll get better prices back in the bubble.
I reckon another 13 runs and i'll reach the 5 billion mark (Currentl at 2.6 billion), although i'll probably carry on until i get to 7 billion.

I guess I’m in the wrong. I’ve never chased credits or exploited. I’m just a bit peeved that after years of playing I’m gonna have to skip the new content. Don’t get me wrong - I’m in a fully engineered ‘vette, with guardian tech and stuggling to find something to do next. So the next update being unobtainable is a kick in the space balls ☹
Why is it unobtainable?

Maybe ‘unobtainable’ is a poor choice of words. I guess I’m differentiating between fun and grind. Thinking about it.. I’ve got 1 of each size ship that’s been perfected (in my eyes). So do I really need a carrier for 3 ships? It’s good fd are catering for the long term players. They’ve defo been looking after the new commanders (which is awesome). I was just wondering if the years release difference was a ‘thing’ - I’ve learned it isn’t 😅. As you were commanders. Stay awesome. o7

Maybe ‘unobtainable’ is a poor choice of words. I guess I’m differentiating between fun and grind. Thinking about it.. I’ve got 1 of each size ship that’s been perfected (in my eyes). So do I really need a carrier for 3 ships? It’s good fd are catering for the long term players. They’ve defo been looking after the new commanders (which is awesome). I was just wondering if the years release difference was a ‘thing’ - I’ve learned it isn’t 😅. As you were commanders. Stay awesome. o7
The original ‘dream’ was that ships like the anaconda were unavailable to all but the most dedicated players. The baton was passed to the corvette and the cutter and now it has been passed to the FC. Patience, the salt will flow and soon even these mighty leviathans will be in your grasp

I will have been playing for six years in September (PC) and the most I've ever had is about 1.3 Billion in overall assets. I don't have the mindset to consistently grind credits - in fact, the only "goldrush" I spent a considerable amount of time on were the original Robigo fail on scan smuggling missions and that was mainly just because they were fun, they didn't make anything close to the kind of income you can make now. That said, if the carriers are worth it (I'm reserving judgement on that for next Thursday), I can probably drum up enough discipline to have the required credits in time. Five billion is quite reasonable compared to the "under 20 billion" quoted some time ago, which I had guessed would mean very close to that sum.

I'm on every platform. I have two PC accounts and one on each console and am probably the only player who is (dumb enough to be) Triple Elite on all platforms.

All four of my accounts together don't have a total of 5 billion cash on hand. I could probably sell all my biggest ships on my main account to get it but I don't want to do that.

Frontier should down the buy in for a Fleet Carrier to 3 billion in my opinion.

All good points gents. Yeah, if I play like I do now, don’t exploit or grind, it’ll be around a year before I can afford a carrier. I’ll wait to see if they’re worth the effort. I may just skip fleet carriers and hope the big paid for update at the end of the year (🤞) will give me the content I’m starved for.

Top Bottom