PSA: Lave blockade (regards engineer unlock)

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date

Deleted member 110222

D
Guys, AEDC are currently stopping players from buying Lavian Brandy.

If you, or any of your friends, are trying to unlock Didi, please give the Alliance a hypothetical middle finger and buy your cargo in Solo.

Engineers are for everyone, and any efforts to lock out CMDRs must be bypassed.

-CMDRs Hannah & Henry Jameson, communist freedom fighters.

But aren't these AEDC just playing the BGS, as we are all allowed to? Yes sure, some may not be able to get their goods for an specific Engineer but there are other Engineers that perform the same function on the same modules. A quick check has confirmed the ONLY thing that Didi can do that is unique to her is G4/G5 mods on a Shield Booster. And you are only denied that if you stay in Open, there is zero chance of these dastardly AEDC thugs doing anything to you in either PG or Solo.

It seems to be a common theme here, someone is denied something, so instead of trying to find a solution they jump on the forums.

Deleted member 110222

D
But aren't these AEDC just playing the BGS, as we are all allowed to? Yes sure, some may not be able to get their goods for an specific Engineer but there are other Engineers that perform the same function on the same modules. A quick check has confirmed the ONLY thing that Didi can do that is unique to her is G4/G5 mods on a Shield Booster. And you are only denied that if you stay in Open, there is zero chance of these dastardly AEDC thugs doing anything to you in either PG or Solo.

It seems to be a common theme here, someone is denied something, so instead of trying to find a solution they jump on the forums.

You can't get G5 shield boosters from any other engineer.

As for what's allowed? You're right. Technically AEDC are doing no wrong.

But using Solo to walk right through their blockade is also A-okay.

And yeah, I'm biased. Engineering is frankly core content. It's not something that I and I suspect a great deal of people believe should be possible to lock out at all.

So no, I'm not going to apologise for suggesting that they invalidate other players. Not when it comes to content we have to pay real money for.

Lave is not the only place to source Lavian Brandy.

You can liberate some here --> https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/441704-Need-Lavian-Brandy-Lave-in-Lockdown
Or you can trade with the EIC --> https://eicgaming.com/trading-post/

Or you could log into Solo.

I think I know which is easiest.

FYI I wasn't looking for a solution. I outright provided it.

Those aforementioned sources will also work when Lave is in lockdown. Just in case that info becomes pertinent again.

Deleted member 110222

D
Those aforementioned sources will also work when Lave is in lockdown. Just in case that info becomes pertinent again.

You're absolutely right.

But at the same time lockdown has a hard cap on how long it can last... And a cooldown. Whilst on that cooldown, which we're in right now, you may as well just Go to Lave proper. Be much quicker.

Guys, AEDC are currently stopping players from buying Lavian Brandy.

You people are hilarious.
How exactly are a bunch of BGS players "blockading" Lave Station?

And why would we blockade Lave Station?
It wouldn't serve any purpose for us, and would actually slow us down significantly if we tried.

Just jump on the "I blame AEDC for everything" bandwagon :)
So funny.

It wouldn't serve any purpose for us, and would actually slow us down significantly if we tried.

So funny.

Hell, take the kudo's you group has managed to shut down not just a station, but the entire Engineering system. Well done and I hope you guys get a bunch of new recruits, you are playing the BGS as it is intended.

Well done.

So funny.

It is funny, but I don't think it is funny for AEDC. Getting blamed for everything is a sure sign that something went terribly wrong in the PR department.

Now I have to make a new cup of coffee - I blame AEDC that my current cup is empty.

It is funny, but I don't think it is funny for AEDC. Getting blamed for everything is a sure sign that something went terribly wrong in the PR department.

Now I have to make a new cup of coffee - I blame AEDC that my current cup is empty.

Yeah. Our PR department chooses the "We tell the truth even if it hurts because we have to politicize already in our jobs and are sick of it." Approach.

But unpleasant truth over comfortable lies just isnt every one's cup of tea. Not that we care.

Next post incoming: "Now AEDC goes after tea!"

I can only paraphrase a former German football coach:
"And if we'd walked on water, our opponents would say 'they can't even swim. Why does AEDC hate swimming?'"

Ok I got as far as log into to solo and went whaaaaat. in a Carol from Archer sort of way. I cant say why I did that as the forums rules rule me out speaking about the poster over the post.

.(OK I do think blocking people on Xbox or ps4 that have to pay to play in open sux, and I think that explains the problem I had with the whole solo thing)

Ok I got as far as log into to solo and went whaaaaat. in a Carol from Archer sort of way. I cant say why I did that as the forums rules rule me out speaking about the poster over the post.

.(OK I do think blocking people on Xbox or ps4 that have to pay to play in open sux, and I think that explains the problem I had with the whole solo thing)

As far as I know, PS4 and XBox still have solo and provate groups. You have to play online, but then so does everyone...

So funny.
Your actions force the Lave Station repeatedly into Lockdown state.
See, I am waiting for almost a week to get Lavian Brandy to unlock Didi V. I played a bit yesterday, but apperently before the system came out of lockdown. Alas, well possible that when I find the time to play next, your actions will bring it back to lockdown again, thus locking me (for another 2 weeks?) out from doing so. As I don't touch "open", I don't have an alternative source.
Not to mention that it sets a bad example of locking players out from essential resources. Following your shining example, people might lock access to "Soontill Relics" next, thus locking us out from 5 engineers in one shot.

Top Bottom