PSA: Loren's Reapers Declare Martial Law in Carcosa

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Anarchy = no rulers, by definition. No rulers = no rules, because there's no one to implement those rules.

You're implementing rules. You have, therefore, de facto declared yourself the law in the system. Not just that, but you're enforcing those rules through force.

That's not anarchy, that's brutal dictatorship. The rule of the strong.

EDIT: oh my me. You think anarchies have rules that are enforced by someone, rather than kept up by voluntary cooperation of the system's members. May I suggest some light reading of, say, Kant? The short version of his definition of anarchy is, if I remember correctly, law and freedom without force due to voluntary cooperation.

CMDR Peperone' is rolling in her grave, I bet.

People are attacking us and refuse to make themselves known. We're just supposed to roll over and take it? How the hell does that make sense to anyone?

And hey, we're down with Kant, but things get a little less cut and dry when you're actually out there.

Greetings, Commanders!

As you’ve heard over the past few months the system of Carcosa has been a bastion of liberty and economic opportunity. From the availability of Federal and Alliance ships to Void Opal booms to good old fashioned fun it’s been a great place to play in the Colonia Nebula.

Sadly, there are Commanders that would see all of this come to an end. In their anti-anarchist zeal these groups and individuals exercise every dishonorable and underhanded tactic they can muster: from lack of squadron identification to alternate accounts and identities. In short, in this time of conflict we have no clear way to determine who is flying through our system and why.

Therefore, Loren’s Reapers (Squadron Tags: LRCV or LORE) advise Colonia and the greater galactic community of the following.

In Carcosa...
  1. We reserve the right to interdict any ship.
  2. We will hail said ship to determine their business in Carcosa.
  3. Failure to respond, attempts to flee, or deployment of hardpoints will result in lethal response.
  4. Any ship equipped with a Kill Warrant Scanner will be shot on sight.
We regret these steps, but hope they lead to a Carcosa free and available to all.

Thank you for your attention.
I read it that way:

PSA: Loren's Reapers declare they now do as they like in Anarchy Carcosa.
Therefore
1. We gonna interdict anyone whom we please
2. We gonna gank anyone whom we please
3. We gonna gank anyone whom we please, especially those opposing us
4. We gonna gank anyone whom we please, especially those with a KWS

We totally don't regret these steps and don't give a poop about your opinion.
Oh, and keep away from Carcosa... it's dangerous out there.
:LOL:

I read it that way:

Therefore

I mean, pretty much spot on.

inb4 'every interdiction will lead to attackzz!!!11!!!'

I read it that way:

Therefore

That's cool. They shouldn't pretend to be anarchists while they're at it. It besmirches the ideology, much as I may disagree with it.

Oh, how quick the facade of ideology falls, eh?

People are attacking us and refuse to make themselves known. We're just supposed to roll over and take it? How the hell does that make sense to anyone?

And hey, we're down with Kant, but things get a little less cut and dry when you're actually out there.

No! Kill them all!

Just don't pretend to be anarchists while you're at it! Makes you look hypocritical, just out and out say you control the system and roll with it! Edit: alternatively, let them roll over you and be real anarchists by moving to another system. I'd go for option A, tbh.

We never were a real anarchy to be fair. We just supported an anarchy faction.

That makes sense. Then again, if there's a leader to the outfit, it can't be much of an anarchy anyway.

Last edited:
No! Kill them all!

Just don't pretend to be anarchists while you're at it! Makes you look hypocritical, just out and out say you control the system and roll with it! Edit: alternatively, let them roll over you and be real anarchists by moving to another system. I'd go for option A, tbh.

There are no systems in Colonia where that will happen. We're fighting for the right to exist in the nebula.

By the way, do you have Kant's Discord handle? I was wondering if he might be up for some passenger missions.

There are no systems in Colonia where that will happen. We're fighting for the right to exist in the nebula.

By the way, do you have Kant's Discord handle? I was wondering if he might be up for some passenger missions.

He used to be very active, but disappeared some 200 years ago. He was always blabbering something about space being unknowable, I think he went void-mad at some point. No point in contacting him, he'll just talk your ear off.

I'd be surprised if you even play the game.

I don't play The Game, it's an old meme. I do play Elite, though! And this game! The game of pulling people off their high horses! After all, wasn't that what your CMDR Shamalamadingdong was all about, what with her attempt at exposing the club, etc?

Dad and Dad, please stop fighting

Aw, spoilsport.

Either way, I'll leave you guys to your cool and super dark adventures now. Promise. Have fun!

LRCV supports Anarchy, which is cool, and their definition of an anarchy is pretty cool too. However, other people (IC or OOC) think Anarchy is baby-murder kill steal death land where everyone is purest evil. Heck, I was one of these people! Some characters exist in a version of the universe which is nowhere near as grim, so they seem ridiculously well-adjusted compared to someone who sees the setting differently.

In an OOC comment
Part of the Problem is Anarchy factions in Elite are Criminals and Gangs
The Name pool, the faction descriptions, the faction NPC ranks, Faction NPC comments, the goods available in their markets all point them that type of faction being unpleasant people

The Free association anarcho-syndicalist communes without a strong central structure are Independent Co-operatives in game

And yes we all have our own RP spin on things, but the basis of Anarchy Factions being on the violent criminal side of the spectrum is in the Game lore.

Which also adds some humour when you have Anarchist factions fighting Independent Co-operatives claiming to be the ones championing freedom and independence against the establishment, when it is like a Motor cycle gang Turning up , taking over by force a Hippy commune and saying the freedom people to live their lives by liberating them of their previous society

That is all nice and dandy. But since we have modes (Solo,Private & Open) it is irrelevant what someone tries to implement or not. Same as getting killed by another commander. As long as I have enough money I just re-spawn. It has no consequences what so ever.

Make ED open only and send a killed commander to the bench for 24 hours. Then we are talking.

Ab Imo Pectore.

CMDR Steyla

Hello. <gulps>

Ahem I think I must have taken a wrong turn; I'll just be off then <nervous laughter> think I'll take my chances on the moors...perhaps I'll be safe in the rain!

Which also adds some humour when you have Anarchist factions fighting Independent Co-operatives claiming to be the ones championing freedom and independence against the establishment, when it is like a Motor cycle gang Turning up , taking over by force a Hippy commune and saying the freedom people to live their lives by liberating them of their previous society.
Ha, I love that. While I wish you good luck out there in lost Carcosa, I'll continue to support the space bikers in the bubble. And I will put it on top of my list to support them against those vile hippies.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom