PSA: Operation Montgomery Scott - Improving the Colonia Engineers!

It'd probably be +500% mass rather than +1600% mass, so only 8 tonnes, and 10 heatsinks. Usually worth it to only use the one utility slot, I think. (Or 8 tonnes for 35 chaff uses, likewise)

We don't have G2-4 high capacity heatsinks either, and neither does Ram Tah. :)

No, fair point, I'll make clearer where the engineer level and the blueprint level aren't the same.
I double-checked on Inara too before wasting 22kly.
https://inara.cz/galaxy-engineers/
mpcBfHB.png

The LAST we need now is ANOTHER pirate king claiming Carcosa for himself. * sigh * I'll never become king of carcosa...

By the way, did Phisto forget to mention that we sell Alliance and Federation ships in Carcosa now?

Serious now: shuttle service is going to beta test next week, and the Colonia engineers can be raised by rolling upgrades.

edit: and another ninja :cautious:

Wait, WHAT? Fed ships are now showing up in Colonia? I've been away for a couple of months meeting up with the DW2 caravan at Sag-A and then on to Beagle, so I just got back (barely...18,000ly with no canopy was quite a feat) to find this out? I'll head out to Carcosa tonight! What about Imperial vessels?

Wait, WHAT? Fed ships are now showing up in Colonia? I've been away for a couple of months meeting up with the DW2 caravan at Sag-A and then on to Beagle, so I just got back (barely...18,000ly with no canopy was quite a feat) to find this out? I'll head out to Carcosa tonight! What about Imperial vessels?
Still no Imperial vessels (or Corvette, or for no particularly good reason the Mamba). Census data indicates that the minor outposts in Carcosa may be capable of producing Imperial armour under certain circumstances, but of course they don't have shipyards so even if they did you wouldn't be able to get a ship to put it on.

Well, it was nice, though, to now see the options for the FDS, FAS and FGS now in the Colonia region. Still could use some higher-grade modules for the upper class items. But, I'll keep plugging away at giving the engineers work. I've run out of the more hard-to-find materials, though, so I'm back to grinding those out for the moment.

so does anyone know from previous experience if you pin a blueprint and the engineer gets another blueprint level unlocked do you get it?

I was just in Colonia and pinned Mel's SCB blueprint.

Sorry to be slow, but just to clarify we are all working on PA's right now? And can I just do G1 rolls or do I need to do G2 as well? If so I'll head over to Etienne Dorn when I play later

It's not very formal but yes PAs are the focus for quite a few folks.

I believe both grades will help but higher quality grades help more.

Sorry to be slow, but just to clarify we are all working on PA's right now? And can I just do G1 rolls or do I need to do G2 as well? If so I'll head over to Etienne Dorn when I play later
G1 rolls work half as well as G2 rolls, but if you use a material trader to get the materials, cost less than half the materials.

So there's a balance between time spent collecting the materials (less for G1) and time spent feeding the materials to the engineer (less for G2).

It all contributes to the research, so pick whatever approach works best for you.

Top Bottom