PSA: War in Carcosa

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
The state of the CZs from a technical point of view for sure isn't pretty. Spec ops spawning only (with or without the ability to pick a side), no ships spawning at all, no faction choice prompt, lag like crazy, frame drops and stuttering left right and centre (especially the centre), CZs moving faster than my ship can boost.

CARCOSA HAS IT ALL!

Managed to only complete one working instance of a medium CZ after trying for about an hour. Baby steps are better than none at all, I guess.

It has been rough. We have better luck with some of the CZs out by Aragon, but the struggle is real.

i had the vague plan to planetary scan my way to carcosa, dump a helluva explo crap on it for greater glory of the influence indicator, and then get a few small ships ferried over for some going nuts.

this stupid war just foiled all my plans, dammit.

actually, this and the fact that it would put me 22k ly away from the single "irl" pal enjoying this game at this moment. impressive timing!

so, my options are leaving my pal dangling and jumping there with a jump-crappy viper or ... you better win this stupid war and stop messing around with my plans, right? :p

This is all for you baby. ;)

Done another one earlier, so 2 in total. Would've liked to do a few more, but now decided to re-build my Vulture for a change of pace. Will give it a shot (literally hur hur) with that tomorrow.

When are these ticks happening, by the way? Not really that familiar with the BGS details...

Usually done by 1700 GMT or 1300 EST (my time).

Hope everyone is having as much fun as we are. All things considered, this has been a real humbling experience. Thanks for making it awesome!

cdmix.jpg

A combat Zone you say...

About halfway there now, got myself wanted in the lagoon nebula, died, got sent 1000ly closer to colonia, and now im taking neutron jumps. Save some CZs for me !

you got me wondering if there's something to this mode if travel.....get wanted, turn yourself in and poof.....Colonia

I didn't find any enemies--human, that is, in any instance, although there were loads of players about.

I did get attacked by someone in a Krait who interdicted me on the way to Robardin. My two huge beams of my Corrvete didn't touch his shields but I drained my capacitor unloading them and MC's on him. Naturally I ran away, after he burnt through my shields and discovered how much hull tanking I've got.

No drama that someone beat me in a fight, that's standard. But what engineering would make shields so impervious? he just sat in front of me and I didn't touch them- I want some of that!

A Corvette unloading everything--two huge beams and a load of MC's with corrosive and incendiary should affect shields on a Krait at least a bit?

I didn't find any enemies--human, that is, in any instance, although there were loads of players about.

I did get attacked by someone in a Krait who interdicted me on the way to Robardin. My two huge beams of my Corrvete didn't touch his shields but I drained my capacitor unloading them and MC's on him. Naturally I ran away, after he burnt through my shields and discovered how much hull tanking I've got.

No drama that someone beat me in a fight, that's standard. But what engineering would make shields so impervious? he just sat in front of me and I didn't touch them- I want some of that!

A Corvette unloading everything--two huge beams and a load of MC's with corrosive and incendiary should affect shields on a Krait at least a bit?
Depends on how long you unloaded on him, how he engineered his shields (reinforced, high thermal res is unusual but not impossible), if you hit at all (gimbal vs. dispersal/chaff), if he had additional guardian shield reinforcements…. or if he cheated.

Well, after winning 2 medium intensity and losing 1 on Monday in my Corvette, I realised something was wrong with the ship configuration so, after googleing I came up with this, which works wonders in solo with my playstyle: I won 3 last night and 1 this morning just before work (again, medium intensity, the one near Bombardin Rock).

The only thing that I regret is that the war should have happened last week when I was off work...:(

I hit with everything from less than 1k, my disro is G5 charged enhanced, my beams are G5 efficient thermal vent. The remainder of the hardpoints are 2 small corrosive MC's - I know I only need one but for safety got two, the remainder are MC's with incendiary.

That can fire for a good ten seconds or more and he didn't unload chaff, I'm bad at combat but I hit him for basically all of it

dxm55

Banned
If you die while wanted in the lagoon nebula you get sent to the omega nebula. Sell your data, loiter on a pad, then get shot down. It only costs your rebuy :)

Maybe, if we knew where all the detention centers were that could work.

Interesting.

A new meta / exploit for fast travel. I wonder if Inara has data on prison ships that I could use.

I hit with everything from less than 1k, my disro is G5 charged enhanced, my beams are G5 efficient thermal vent. The remainder of the hardpoints are 2 small corrosive MC's - I know I only need one but for safety got two, the remainder are MC's with incendiary.

That can fire for a good ten seconds or more and he didn't unload chaff, I'm bad at combat but I hit him for basically all of it
Sounds iffy. Too bad we don't get reliable statements on that cheating stuff.

Well, after winning 2 medium intensity and losing 1 on Monday in my Corvette, I realised something was wrong with the ship configuration so, after googleing I came up with this, which works wonders in solo with my playstyle: I won 3 last night and 1 this morning just before work (again, medium intensity, the one near Bombardin Rock).

The only thing that I regret is that the war should have happened last week when I was off work...:(
I switched from fixed efficient beams to gimballed lightweight beams on my 'Vette on Monday and it works wonders on my time-to-kill.
I was afraid the CZ NPCs chaff too much, but combined with my seeker/rail loadout I can keep them constantly under pressure even if chaffing.
Nice side effect is I can effortlessly fire SCBs while firing the lightweight beams, the synergy of lightweight with thermal vent is awesome.

Oh, and it's R-O-B-A-R-D-I-N Rock. Although Bombardin sounds good too 😂

Thanks yianniv- I haven't got guardian stuff unlocked so where you have guardian I have hull or module reinforcement, all engineered. My Corvette also runs G5 thermal prismatic shields. It gives some 5,000+ mjs of shields with 50% ish thermal. My utility mounts are all shield boosters, all G5 of differing types to max resistances

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom