'Public Message Board': Bounty/Crime Report vs. Traffic Report

o7 CMDRs,

I always like to see what traffic goes through different systems, and learned a long time ago that the traffic report of the public message board details CMDRs coming and going through a system. I really enjoy looking at the ship distributions, especially when I see a Sidewinder and think to myself this is a CMDR on their initial journey... And VERY occasionally I'll see a Cobra MkIV and think, "you lucky thing!".

However, there's also a section that says 'Bounty Report' and 'Crime Report'. Question: Are these statistics also just CMDRs, or are they game-generated/BGS/NPC (if that makes sense) statistics?

Sometimes the figures are way out of league of the number of CMDRs passing through ( i.e. each passing ship would have had to have generated 1000 bounty reports EACH, on average), so this is what peaked my interest. Given that most ships will literally pass through, if it's CMDRs, some must be doing several thousand bounties per day. Even with 24 hours, perhaps this IS possible. Wish I had that much time!

Stay safe!

Crime is the amount in credits of bounties generated in the system in the last 24 hours - e.g. you kill a pirate and receive a 300k bounty, 300k goes on to the Crime report.

Bounties is the amount in credits (and also in number of vouchers) handed in to the Authority Contact in the same period.

As there's no requirement to either hand in bounties immediately or to hand them in to the same system they were claimed (Interstellar Factor hand-ins do go on the Bounty report) the two numbers can often be very different.

On the traffic report, note that it only counts conventional hyperspace entrances to the system - ships entering the system by Fleet Carrier or Ship Transfer, or commanders entering the system by Apex do not appear on the report. Also, crucially, commanders who stay in the system and don't leave don't appear on the report - so you might get someone staying the system for five days (0 traffic) bounty-hunting in a RES (millions of credits on the Crime report each day) then handing in all those bounties at once at the end of the five days (nothing on the Bounties report on the first four days, then tens of millions on the fifth day)

Yeah, this would be great if it was in real-time though. And often I would see CMDR Unknown for Bounties - what does CMDR Unknown mean? Bounty listing also tends to repeat?

Crime is the amount in credits of bounties generated in the system in the last 24 hours - e.g. you kill a pirate and receive a 300k bounty, 300k goes on to the Crime report.

Bounties is the amount in credits (and also in number of vouchers) handed in to the Authority Contact in the same period.

As there's no requirement to either hand in bounties immediately or to hand them in to the same system they were claimed (Interstellar Factor hand-ins do go on the Bounty report) the two numbers can often be very different.

On the traffic report, note that it only counts conventional hyperspace entrances to the system - ships entering the system by Fleet Carrier or Ship Transfer, or commanders entering the system by Apex do not appear on the report. Also, crucially, commanders who stay in the system and don't leave don't appear on the report - so you might get someone staying the system for five days (0 traffic) bounty-hunting in a RES (millions of credits on the Crime report each day) then handing in all those bounties at once at the end of the five days (nothing on the Bounties report on the first four days, then tens of millions on the fifth day)
Thanks, however I guess what I am saying is that this was issued to a PLAYER CMDR, and NOT the BGS/NPC - in other words, this is issued to someone that is a player/real person?

I understand about the traffic not registering over periods of time greater than 1 day...

Yeah, this would be great if it was in real-time though. And often I would see CMDR Unknown for Bounties - what does CMDR Unknown mean? Bounty listing also tends to repeat?
Something I'd like also to know. Unless there's a CMDR out there called CMDR Unknown with pen-tuple Elite :D

Or does it mean they've switched crime reporting off?

Thanks, however I guess what I am saying is that this was issued to a PLAYER CMDR, and NOT the BGS/NPC - in other words, this is issued to someone that is a player/real person?
Correct - bounties collected by NPCs don't count on the Crimes report (and of course there's no way that an NPC can hand in a bounty for the Bounty report)

I love reading the traffic statistics, and see the distribution of ships, always looking for that heroic Asp Scout!

I think CMDR Unknown only started making an appearance in Odyssey, so it might be some temporary weirdness between Horizons and Odyssey until the proper Odyssey-compatible Horizons client comes out.

I think CMDR Unknown only started making an appearance in Odyssey, so it might be some temporary weirdness between Horizons and Odyssey until the proper Odyssey-compatible Horizons client comes out.
But no more CMDR Validating :) Possibly the same cause in terms of servers not all knowing about the same CMDRs, though.

Top Bottom