Pulse disruptor and npcs

By the way, this is my Krait:

If I disable the SBs, Cargo Hatch, Collector Limpet, Fuel Scoop, Vehicle Hangar, Cargo Hatch and Shields (which are probably down anyway when my PP hits 0%) I am below 50% power requirement. I can continue to use all my weapons, chaff, point defense, FSD, etc. There are even more modules I could power off since they aren't required for combat.

I am very very curious about the "cannot be prevented by shields" part.

That sounds far too good to be true ..

Anyone got confirmation on that?

I'm starting to believe that this is just joke: come here, say "npcs are cheating" and watch for reaction: a lot of people start to explain game mechanics.
Well I can certainly tell you that NPCs do cheat, especially with their super FSD powers but that you can frequently see yourself :p

I have often wondered as we build ships for ourselves, if the AI of the game gives these build blueprints to the NPC's. It seems reasonable to me to be the source of NPC ships.

If I were a developer of Elite, why put in alot of useless code for NPC ship builds when I know that the users of the game will build ships for themselves. I could use the same blueprints for the AI version of NPC ship use, giving the NPC's very similar ship configurations when confronting commanders of similar rank and ship design.

In this way, it may appear that NPC's do cheat, but I believe it is more an artifact of the NPC AI used by the game and using our own generated ship blueprints against us.

I doubt Frontier will confirm this, but again, if I were a developer for this game, I would certainly take advantage of the fact that users in the game will build ships and since this data is stored for each user, I would use the same data to construct NPC ships for use by the AI of the game. It would optimize the code base for the game and make the AI seem more lifelike and challenging for all players.

EDIT: As well, in using commander created ship designs for NPC ships under AI, the AI would provide builds of ever more unique designs and as the game moves forward as this type of NPC AI would become more advanced in the future, as more commanders join the game and get richer, allowing for a wide diversity of ship designs.

o7....

What would be even cooler, is if squadrons attached to player factions, could submit designs, in game, to the local security forces, and then bring in the required parts to outfit them.

But this game isn't about that. I sometimes wish there was a bunch of the cool parts of an old game called "HardWar" in elite.

Top Bottom