Pulse Wave scanner issues after update 12

I've been core mining over the past few days (I know...sooo 2019).

Update 12 seems to have effected the pulse wave scanner, at least for me (I'm playing Odyssey BTW).

When you use the pulse wave it highlights potential high value asteroids (those with cores, surface elements etc) with an orange / yellow glow. The brighter glowing asteroids tend to contain cores.

After update 12 I'm seeing asteroids highlighted, when I move towards them the highlight totally disappears. This is happening consistently and it's repeatable. Sometimes the highlight fades so that one corner or section of the asteroid is glowing but the rest is dark.

This change has been very clear & obvious as I was mining on Wednesday night, pulse wave was highlighting things as normal, yesterday and today however it's as described above.

I know they did a lot of things with the lighting models in update 12 and I'm wondering if something they changed is effecting the pulse wave. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks

I stopped mining when the hotspots didn't contain what they said they were.
Core mining hasn't worked as it should for a long time.
It's going to take a long time to get fixed at all.

I've been core mining over the past few days (I know...sooo 2019).

Update 12 seems to have effected the pulse wave scanner, at least for me (I'm playing Odyssey BTW).

When you use the pulse wave it highlights potential high value asteroids (those with cores, surface elements etc) with an orange / yellow glow. The brighter glowing asteroids tend to contain cores.

After update 12 I'm seeing asteroids highlighted, when I move towards them the highlight totally disappears. This is happening consistently and it's repeatable. Sometimes the highlight fades so that one corner or section of the asteroid is glowing but the rest is dark.

This change has been very clear & obvious as I was mining on Wednesday night, pulse wave was highlighting things as normal, yesterday and today however it's as described above.

I know they did a lot of things with the lighting models in update 12 and I'm wondering if something they changed is effecting the pulse wave. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks
Is it anything like this old issue? https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/19374

I stopped mining when the hotspots didn't contain what they said they were.
Core mining hasn't worked as it should for a long time.
It's going to take a long time to get fixed at all.
Yes, the hotspots not containing what it's supposed to is really annoying.

But now I can't even reliably use the pulse wave to find cores...I need to guess, use a boatload of limpets or get up close to look for those 'fissures'

I can confirm that the Pulse Scanner appears to only highlight core rocks. There are glimmers on non-core asteroids with sub-surface and surface deposits on occasion, but never on anything closer. I stumble on these now by accident when laser mining.

If you open an issue, I will add it and might be able to bring a few others to bear on it too.

I can confirm that the Pulse Scanner appears to only highlight core rocks. There are glimmers on non-core asteroids with sub-surface and surface deposits on occasion, but never on anything closer. I stumble on these now by accident when laser mining.

If you open an issue, I will add it and might be able to bring a few others to bear on it too.
Hmm... only highlights core rocks you say. Could be the way to go then if you're only looking for core rocks.. or am I missing something?

I am mining cores atm in odyssey and I can see rocks glowing that are not cores.

I can however confirm :-
"After update 12 I'm seeing asteroids highlighted, when I move towards them the highlight totally disappears. This is happening consistently and it's repeatable. Sometimes the highlight fades so that one corner or section of the asteroid is glowing but the rest is dark."

gfx settings.PNG

I already confirmed in the issue tracker. Everything mentioned here is correct, but it is even worse. If you find accidently some subsurface deposits, or find a core asteroid that has also subsurface deposits...

1. The deposit does not vanish when reached 0%. You can still target it and it is in the contact menue.

2. The last rocket before reaching 0% does not generate any chunks. You see the explosion but no chunks are released and consequently nothing there to scoop.

3. Subsurface deposits on asteroids that have no core (can only be found randomly atm) do not show up on the HUD as blue icon. Only in the contact menue you see that the asteroid has subsurface deposits, or by swipping over the asteroid and recognizing there is something to select as target.

It has never been different. It is the intensity of the glow that indicates a possible core, but even then only with a certain probability. To be sure, you have to get close or fire a prospecting limpet. But that has always been the case.
I cannot comment on the rest, as I'm currently not involved in mining.
I know all that, I was replying to the post about only cores showing as glowing.
As for me, that is not the case since update 12, hence why I posted my settings.

Yes, of course you can't. Otherwise, anyone could submit a ticket about the issue tracker being broken. That must be avoided at all costs, where would we end up?
It's just not quite clear to me now whether that's still sarcasm or already sad truth...
It is unfortunately the sad truth :(

I also have a sneaking suspicion that submitting a ticket about the issue tracker being broken might actually trigger some sort of infinite loop and may cause a rift in the space time continuum o_O

Hm... I tried to mining tritium now, and it looks like okay now, there are a normal amount of glowing asteroids and every glowing asteroids has surface or sub-surface features.

I can confirm some sort of weird behaviour. Near the drop off point everything looked ok. But when i moved some distance from the drop off i started to notice fakes

In the first ss we have 2 fakes (the left one looks quite bright, like a possible core, the right one not so much).
I prospected both, they had nothing (no surface, no subsurface, no core)

Screenshot_0207.jpg

Now closer, things start to look like a reflection

Screenshot_0208.jpg

Even closer, prospected, nothing. Weird that my first 2 prospectors (one fired from afar, the second really close) went right through it.
Then next 2 prospectors stuck

Screenshot_0209.jpg

I am mining cores atm in odyssey and I can see rocks glowing that are not cores.

I can however confirm :-
"After update 12 I'm seeing asteroids highlighted, when I move towards them the highlight totally disappears. This is happening consistently and it's repeatable. Sometimes the highlight fades so that one corner or section of the asteroid is glowing but the rest is dark."

View attachment 309884
what is this picture ? how do I get this ?

Top Bottom