Pulse Wave Scanner Works...Backwards

Agreed. I don't have a problem with valuable stuff being hard to find. Indeed, back in the pre-nerf days I always found myself scratching my head over why in Randomius' name stations would pay >1MCr/tn for something that you couldn't fly through a planetary icy ring without having to stop to clear the things out of your heat vents every 5 minutes.

But it should be hard based on rarity, not based on a suddenly buggy piece of equipment working/not working in an arbitrary fashion. If there aren't as many glowing rock anymore, then that's fine. I just want to know that if a rock isn't glowing, it's because it's not what I'm looking for, NOT that it might very well be because my PWA somehow has to wait for 10 minutes for confirmation from GalNet or whatever.
Maybe when Odyssey comes out, FDEV will just hand us all a shovel and we'll be digging for space truffles. :mad:

I am getting the same situation on PS4. I am mining some grandidierite in a double hot spot. At first nothing, but when I realized that I need to turn back occasionally I managed to get 150 tones. However, it is a headache and I would prefer to fix the PWS to its previous version.

Howdy Commanders! So, I went over this morning to the Frontier 🌎 | Issue Tracker ( https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/19374 ) and looked at the issues Frontier is acknowledging, fixed, etc. and wondering if everyone here is voting on the issue. I'm not sure if voting helps bump the issue forward in terms of Frontier fixing it, but it seems worth the investiture of a moments time. Would everyone who's read this post - or is reading it now, mind putting the "bum rush" on the issue over at Frontier and let's see if it helps expedite getting our Pulse Wave Scanner back up and running to spec?

Early this AM, I took the Flipping Pig out for a core-mining run. Three hours of Pulse Wave Scanner madness (please, for the love of all that is holy, fix the thing Frontier) and I came back home with a pittance of my usual haul. Once back at the starport, after selling my goods, I decided to sell my Anaconda, and moved back to a Python to use for mining. Less roomy, less cargo, but more maneuverable and with the leaner runs, works pretty well. #fixthedamnPWS

This morning...lots of glowing asteroids. Can someone else fire up their Pulse Wave Scanner and give it a whirl? Did they fix it and just not tell us? Or am I dreaming, and it's still broken? Did they throw in a bone with all the new space stations?

This morning...lots of glowing asteroids. Can someone else fire up their Pulse Wave Scanner and give it a whirl? Did they fix it and just not tell us? Or am I dreaming, and it's still broken? Did they throw in a bone with all the new space stations?
I also want to know if they fixed this in today's tick?

As crazy and cumbersome as it can be...
One other option to flip the ship, is to switch and look from the outside camera, move above the ship and look around while pinging with the PWS...
If you see something of interest you return inside and fly that direction, because somehow the PWS works after you see the asteroid glow once.
It takes some practice and time but works.
Hope they fix it soon.

As crazy and cumbersome as it can be...
One other option to flip the ship, is to switch and look from the outside camera, move above the ship and look around while pinging with the PWS...
If you see something of interest you return inside and fly that direction, because somehow the PWS works after you see the asteroid glow once.
It takes some practice and time but works.
Hope they fix it soon.
Ah, so still busted.

I see.

Onward.

Ah, so still busted.

I see.

Onward.
Man, not sure it is broken or they just cut Cores WAY down. I am still PWS and finding them but not at rate I was say a month ago. Did they break the scanner or just thin the fields? I have noticed hits that glowed once and not again, so glitchy yes, outright broken though? Hmm.

I'm not sure if I was just lucky yesterday, or if something has improved.
Managed to fill up my 229 tons on my Python, though it did take about 2 hours.

I'm pretty sure it nothing has changed. The PWS is still broken. Sounds like you found a good spot though. Three hours last night and the PWS scanner behaved the same - no glowing return in front, flip around and fire it off in the direction you came from and shows returns. I went forward, went back lots of times. Did OK on a core mining run, but it's still annoying.

#fixthedamnPWSpleaseFD

I'm pretty sure it nothing has changed. The PWS is still broken. Sounds like you found a good spot though. Three hours last night and the PWS scanner behaved the same - no glowing return in front, flip around and fire it off in the direction you came from and shows returns. I went forward, went back lots of times. Did OK on a core mining run, but it's still annoying.

#fixthedamnPWSpleaseFD
Definitely annoying. I was just boosting through the hotspot, taking whatever I could find.

#fixthedamnPWSpleaseFD
Working for me. And seems a bit better at that. Maybe it's the mining spot? PM me, maybe you can test it at my spot.

Don't know 'bout you guys, but where I am at, literally tripping over VO Cores! They have been one right after another, and PWS scanner working like a charm! Just saying, seems to be fine and working for me. Not sure if they "fixed" the PWS, if it was broken OR they just increased the number of Cores but it's rocking right now! :D

Don't know 'bout you guys, but where I am at, literally tripping over VO Cores! They have been one right after another, and PWS scanner working like a charm! Just saying, seems to be fine and working for me. Not sure if they "fixed" the PWS, if it was broken OR they just increased the number of Cores but it's rocking right now! :D
Well, color me hopeful! I'll take The Blind Squirrel out for a mining spin, and see if I can verify.

No, they haven't fixed it. I found one core then got so psst off trying to find another - with all the peekaboo bullocks of them switching on and off and being very few and far between - I went to silent running and boosted into an asteroid to get the hell out of there and save the hassle of ditching the limpets and opals.

But there is word they might be able to fix it by renaming the pulse wave ANALizer the pulse wave scanner.

Last edited:
[img]httpi.imgur.com4ztly8W.jpg[img].jpg

I think it should be called the brown ringulator now that you have mentioned it rofl:ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom