Pulse Wave Scanners for Explorers Anchorage?

Can we please get some?
It takes long enough to find crackable asteroids even when you have one, it's damn near impossible without one, even some of the lower tier ones would be nice.

Regards
Someone who doesn't want to fly all the way out to Colonia just for a PWS.

According to my searches, there are no PWS available in Colonia at all!

At Whirling Station in Ogmar ATM and there is nothing :(

MP

According to my searches, there are no PWS available in Colonia at all!

At Whirling Station in Ogmar ATM and there is nothing :(

MP
I can tell you for sure that Whirling Station definitely has them, I was there just a few days ago and they had them.

*EDIT: On further inspection and confirmation from INARA searches, it does seem that all PWS have disappeared from the Colonia region, odd...

Last edited:
I can tell you for sure that Whirling Station definitely has them, I was there just a few days ago and they had them.

*EDIT: On further inspection and confirmation from INARA searches, it does seem that all PWS have disappeared from the Colonia region, odd...

BSG state affects outfitting doesnt it?

I'm in Colonia right now and there are no PWS at any system. I've been looking both by actually going to the stations, using Inara and EDDB. You have to go all the way to bubble to find one right now. 2 days ago they had them available at 3 stations, now none. Very frustrating.

BSG state affects outfitting doesnt it?
Yes - Ogmar is the only system which has ever produced Pulse Wave Scanners, and probably needs to be in Boom (or maybe even all the way to Investment) to do so. Despite the relatively high traffic it doesn't seem to be sustaining Investment on its own, so you might need to push it - bring in refined metals, foodstuffs, etc. that are in demand at the Whirling Station market, or sell exploration data there, or run missions specifically for the controlling Galcop faction.

Ogmar controlling Galcop Faction is in Investment right now and there are still no Pulse Wave Scanners at Whirling or any other station anywhere near by, I've been checking everyday for a week now both by going to stations and using eddb.

Ok, so I picked the game back up last week and grinded out the rest of my trip to Colonia. Turned in my 750 million in exploration data and made Elite explorer. Cool! I decide to try some of the lucrative mining I've read about out here but no PWS! The only mining equipment I own is the OG stuff from before the big mining changes since I really haven't played in 2019.

I think I can get everything but the PWS for my python. Should I run regular missions or just head back to the bubble? Lol! I'm kinda burned out on exploring right now tbh. I guess I could do passenger missions for a bit. This kinda stinks because what I read was that everything for mining was out here. Might be time for another long break because I'm not really ready for the long haul back. Is the OG mining gear completely useless to me?

Ok, so I picked the game back up last week and grinded out the rest of my trip to Colonia. Turned in my 750 million in exploration data and made Elite explorer. Cool! I decide to try some of the lucrative mining I've read about out here but no PWS! The only mining equipment I own is the OG stuff from before the big mining changes since I really haven't played in 2019.

I think I can get everything but the PWS for my python. Should I run regular missions or just head back to the bubble? Lol! I'm kinda burned out on exploring right now tbh. I guess I could do passenger missions for a bit. This kinda stinks because what I read was that everything for mining was out here. Might be time for another long break because I'm not really ready for the long haul back. Is the OG mining gear completely useless to me?

Without the Pulse Wave Analyser you will not be able to identify from a distance if an asteroid has sub-surface deposits or core minerals. You could use prospector limpets but that would be a waste of time, effort and limpets.
What mining tools do you have now?

If you're going mining for money, there's a double Painite hotspot in the Randgnid 4 A-ring (it's narrow, so throw the probe carefully). We've still got everything you need to turn a Python into an excellent laser miner.

Or if you hang around some of the extraction systems long enough to get allied, there are some very nice hauling missions available that the Python is ideal for.

The issue has been reported through a few channels and hopefully will be looked at soon.

Without the Pulse Wave Analyser you will not be able to identify from a distance if an asteroid has sub-surface deposits or core minerals. You could use prospector limpets but that would be a waste of time, effort and limpets.
What mining tools do you have now?
All of the old way stuff- prospector and collector limpets, refinery and mining lasers. It's all back in the bubble and will take 61 hours to ship but I'm glad that I didn't even start the shipping.

I was just gonna ship the refinery and buy all the new modules out here but I've found everything expect the scanner.

I guess I'll do regular and passenger missions for a bit. Try to get my rep up. I did manage to Max rep with the controlling faction when I turned all that exploration data in. Lol! Looking back, I probably should have sold at other stations and local systems. I was just anxious to finally get finished since I started the trip about 10 months ago.

I need to ship other modules out anyway since since my 39 ly Python is only geared for exploration. The 5A engineered per plant currently in it couldn't handle mining anyway.

Last edited:
You need an Amazon service in Colonia, where you can order a module or ship and have it shipped to you. Time sink and money of course, but that would make it available.

If you're going mining for money, there's a double Painite hotspot in the Randgnid 4 A-ring (it's narrow, so throw the probe carefully). We've still got everything you need to turn a Python into an excellent laser miner.

Or if you hang around some of the extraction systems long enough to get allied, there are some very nice hauling missions available that the Python is ideal for.

The issue has been reported through a few channels and hopefully will be looked at soon.
Are you saying that my current mining gear is still viable? Honestly, I really haven't researched how the new mining system works. I will but was gonna go ahead and buy the gear. Again, all I have is the refinery, collector and prospecting limpets and mining lasers used under the old system. I used to mine quite a bit but none since the changes. I was in the middle on my journey here and off/on hiatus when the big changes happened. I was nowhere near stations to even buy the new gear.

I've seen it mentioned that the PWS kinda went away from Colonia after the update but I'm on PS4 pro so there is no telling when they'll get that corrected for us. Oh well, I'm gonna run normal and passenger missions between Colonia and the surrounding systems and try to get my rep up. Probably ship some combat modules out. I thought about shipping my engineered ASPX but my engineered Python is more versatile.

That's really why I brought my Python- I was ok with 39 ly over 50+ jumps to have a ship with more versatility once I got here. The Python is my biggest ship, too. The 750 million in exploration data put me just under 1 billion so I can buy and outfit whatever I want now...or when I get back to bubble. I have engineered modules for my Python for most any situation(except mining lol) so I guess I don't really need any other ship right now. Obviously there are better ships but considering the cost to ship back and the fact that the Python can do anything, I don't see the need. I thought about selling the Python but I put so much effort into engineering it.

Are you saying that my current mining gear is still viable? Honestly, I really haven't researched how the new mining system works. I will but was gonna go ahead and buy the gear. Again, all I have is the refinery, collector and prospecting limpets and mining lasers used under the old system. I used to mine quite a bit but none since the changes. I was in the middle on my journey here and off/on hiatus when the big changes happened. I was nowhere near stations to even buy the new gear.
You won't be able to (efficiently) use your current mining gear for the new mining methods - core mining, abrasion blasting, sub-surface displacement - because without the PWS you won't be able to find the rocks that can be mined that way quickly.

However, where a Painite hotspot is in a metallic ring, it also boosts the normal laser mining Painite percentages, which you can find with just the prospector.

At Randgnid 4's inner metallic ring, two Painite hotspots overlap, so a lot of the rocks contain very high Painite percentages - which you can then extract with the standard mining lasers and collectors. The PWS is not needed for this because the Painite-containing rocks are so common - just fire off a few prospectors and see what you get.

(And the Python is an excellent ship for doing just about anything around Colonia)

You won't be able to (efficiently) use your current mining gear for the new mining methods - core mining, abrasion blasting, sub-surface displacement - because without the PWS you won't be able to find the rocks that can be mined that way quickly.

However, where a Painite hotspot is in a metallic ring, it also boosts the normal laser mining Painite percentages, which you can find with just the prospector.

At Randgnid 4's inner metallic ring, two Painite hotspots overlap, so a lot of the rocks contain very high Painite percentages - which you can then extract with the standard mining lasers and collectors. The PWS is not needed for this because the Painite-containing rocks are so common - just fire off a few prospectors and see what you get.

(And the Python is an excellent ship for doing just about anything around Colonia)
Thanks so much for your help! Now I wish I'd gone ahead and started the shipping! Lol! Not a huge deal, though, as I'm making ok credits running passengers. I've mostly chosen the rep, influence or mats option as payment. Already pretty close to being aligned at a couple stations so hopefully I can get more than 1 jump missions soon. I need to transfer my combat modules, too. Don't think I plan on staying but I might as well stay a little while and make use of all options.

Hopefully PWS will be available in the area before long.

Top Bottom