Putting bounty on real player who have killed you

Agreed, so cap the bounty at 499mil, done.

Win-win-win-768x447.jpg

And limit it to once per Commander, per 30 days, because you can’t have a respawn-wash-and-rinse cycle of blowing up the same shieldless sidewinder for hours and half-mils at a time.

Whole idea brings another question - bounty range and timing. Would bounty be Bubble wide, galaxy wide or just PP wide? So when crime commited in Federal space then being in Imperial space you would be clean? Ant timing - lifetime bounty till criminal CMDR is destroyed or 7d duration until expiring. If expiring what about deposited money? (I'd go with WOWs auction house - money taken when bounty poster is made, when expired mooney is returned, minus handling fee).

So many questions, so many exploits. And fighting exploits would mean setting fixed bounty amount, no higher than 5M.

If you also implement, that the Playerkiller loses money as large as the bounty until he can only get his ship back, maybe with a minus of 10% so that he cannot get his actual combat ship back as it was and has to do money work before...

Lol @ this guy.

But for real, bounties don't work. The least exploitable and simplest way would still be to allow credit transfers between players, but Frontier wont do it.

Last edited:
Lol @ this guy.

But for real, bounties don't work. The least exploitable and simplest way would still be to allow credit transfers between players, but Frontier wont do it.

The thing what could work is hiring a NPC for credits where you can buy with money how good the AI is which is hunting the person with what ship and a general hunting location... Of course you can only hire a NPC only for person who killed you lets say 1 week furthest ago. The whole bounty money is valid 1 month. If the person is good enough or is able to hide from the general location for one month, you will get your credits back.

Because of fraction, you could exclude enemy fractions in the game or you cannot set the bounty area in the general location of the fraction if you are from an enemy fraction. If you are not from any fraction or the same fraction, you should be able to put the bounty everywhere.

There should be no exploit for people to make money, because no real Player is involved. But as a trader you can at least hassle the person who killed you. There has to be a possibility to hassle the player-killer with your own credits to make it a little bit fairer and less frustrating for non combat players.

It would be nice, if you could put a bounty with your in game money on other players who killed you. The amount would be of the players choosing. If I like to have this person killed for 500 million it should be possible.

Some people like me are traders. What do we have? Money. What can we get quite fast? Money.

Most time it is possible to flee, but sometimes when you fly quite long distances and you have to go to the door because somebody is there and you come back and you are dead, it can be frustrating. Yes I could quit the game but be honest if you have to fly 400k lightyears, would you go offline or would you just put in supercruise?

It would be fair to get the people back with the thing you are good at. When you are a trader you are good at getting money. If you are a fighter you are good at combat. It is unfair to tell a trader to fight against a "professional" fighter.

The best thing, it is a winwinwin scenario. You give people money who like to fight and they fight people who also like to fight and the trader gamer can lessen his frustration a little with money.

I managed a small online game that had PvP. Every four hours there was a world-wide persistent PvP event, and a coder made a bounty system similar to what you describe here.

We learned some things:
a) It will be the prolific murders who chase the bounties. Shining knights are few and far between.
b) In the beginning bounties enabled them to kill more people by acting as a lure.
c) Eventually bounties became protection as big bounties scared away other players.
c) Big bounties became a badge of honor, and they would strive to increase them.

The thing what could work is hiring a NPC for credits where you can buy with money how good the AI is which is hunting the person with what ship and a general hunting location... Of course you can only hire a NPC only for person who killed you lets say 1 week furthest ago. The whole bounty money is valid 1 month. If the person is good enough or is able to hide from the general location for one month, you will get your credits back.

Because of fraction, you could exclude enemy fractions in the game or you cannot set the bounty area in the general location of the fraction if you are from an enemy fraction. If you are not from any fraction or the same fraction, you should be able to put the bounty everywhere.

There should be no exploit for people to make money, because no real Player is involved. But as a trader you can at least hassle the person who killed you. There has to be a possibility to hassle the player-killer with your own credits to make it a little bit fairer and less frustrating for non combat players.

So traders pay money to provide their killers with engineering materials and BGS murder points?

That's... novel.

So traders pay money to provide their killers with engineering materials and BGS murder points?

That's... novel.

It all depends of the AI system... if you really want to kill a person in a game with an NPC it is quite easy to make it unstoppable. But of course that would be overkill to put a definitive kill into the game... but just say put two Thargoids motherships in his way or maybe an NPC similar powerful in a normal or other spacial spacecraft. They are not unkillable but it is unlikely that the playerkiller would survive... It is only a matter of how strong you want to implement as a developer the AI behind the NPC and what ship do you want to give this NPC.

You could also implement, that the NPC will always jump away if it is almost killed, so the playerkiller will survive but will not profit from the encounter ^^

It all depends of the AI system... if you really want to kill a person in a game with an NPC it is quite easy to make it unstoppable. But of course that would be overkill to put a definitive kill into the game... but just say put two Thargoids motherships in his way or maybe an NPC similar powerful in a normal or other spacial spacecraft. They are not unkillable but it is unlikely that the playerkiller would survive... It is only a matter of how strong you want to implement as a developer the AI behind the NPC and what ship do you want to give this NPC.

You could also implement, that the NPC will always jump away if it is almost killed, so the playerkiller will survive but will not profit from the encounter ^^

You want ATR to be open to hire by players, then?

EDIT: ATR, not ATC! Crikey, we'd be in proper trouble if ATC could be paid off! :D

Last edited:
So you've been killed.
You lost your goods and thus some money. This means that your recent some amount of play time is wasted.
You lost your ship and some money on rebuy.
Now you want to spend even more money providing bounty...
Something is economically wrong here.

You want ATC to be open to hire by players, then?

I like to have something to get even with a playerkiller within my role I'm playing. As a trader I won't go to do combat especially not with persons who don't do something else.
At the moment it is only frustrating. There is no real punishment system you can use yourself against such players. Punishment doesn't necessarily mean that the person has to be killed, but this person has to live/play with the consequences of being unlawful. And to lessen frustration level the trader should be given a tool in the hand to do something without just walking away (walking away doesn't help, when you are frustrated). It should be possible to hassle this person also in some way without going to developing a combat character and take the matter in your own hand.
I think it will also lessen ganking if they were to be hassled themselves if they kill someone for their own fun and to take pleasure from the misery of other real people.

It should always be balanced between different groups. I think a bounty system you can use yourself could help. As all the comments show it is quite unreasonable to use other players, but you could program a NPC system which you could use.

Another possibility to make it fair. The NPC which is hunting you will always jump away before the bounty holder can really destroy the ship (no benefits) and as a bounty giver, you can buy how many attempts you would like to have. E.g. 10 attempts to destroy the playerkiller with every time a little stronger NPC. That will definitely hassle the person, even if he doesn't get killed and in the meantime he cannot kill another person. The playerkiller has to pay a certain price. Like in real life you are not going around and kill people randomly because there is a price to be paid most people are unwilling to pay. If you still want to kill people, you have to live with the consequences.
And by the way, interception should always work and you cannot jump away :X

So you've been killed.
You lost your goods and thus some money. This means that your recent some amount of play time is wasted.
You lost your ship and some money on rebuy.
Now you want to spend even more money providing bounty...
Something is economically wrong here.

No not really. The important thing is real life time. Because of someone liking to kill people and take enjoyment out of their misery because they wasted time, you should be able to waste time with things this person also don't want to do. They don't want to fight with NPCs. They want to kill most time easy targets. You have to balance it against frustration. It is unfair to frustrate only one side ;)

Improve your combat skills and kill them yourself when they least expect it.

That is the thing I don't want to do. As a trader I don't want to become a combat pilot against real players. I want to have an in-game solution for the character trader oder maybe explorer without becoming a combat fighter.
You will also go to the police if you are robbed, you don't start searching for the robber and try to take revenge.

No not really. The important thing is real life time. Because of someone liking to kill people and take enjoyment out of their misery because they wasted time, you should be able to waste time with things this person also don't want to do. They don't want to fight with NPCs. They want to kill most time easy targets. You have to balance it against frustration. It is unfair to frustrate only one side ;)

This sounds like bulldog logic:

If I can’t have it, or can’t have my way with it, p- on it, s- on it, and/or tear it up so no one else wants it.

This sounds like bulldog logic:

If I can’t have it, or can’t have my way with it, p- on it, s- on it, and/or tear it up so no one else wants it.

No you can have it your way. You can be a playerkiller as much as you want. But there are no real consequences. I just want to have a tool for my playing character to handle such situation and don't just think, what an ole but I cannot do something because I don't want to chance my playing role.

Improve your combat skills and kill them yourself when they least expect it.
How would you find them?

Not trying to be antagonistic - genuine question.

Any talk of bounties, revenge killings, etc... are pointless without the means to actually locate your target.

How would you find them?

Not trying to be antagonistic - genuine question.

Any talk of bounties, revenge killings, etc... are pointless without the means to actually locate your target.

You could implement that when he uses a station that the station will give away his whereabouts. Depending on the bounty a timer will run until the NPC finds you.

Or you can say as player, bounty is for this general area. E.g. normally community spots. When he is not in this area, no NPC will hunt him.

At the moment you have to lurk around the typical spots a playerkiller is normally and try to have luck. But if you got shot just somewhere, it will be quite time consuming. I definitely wouldn't waste my time finding a special player.

That is the unfairness. You cannot really give such a person a consequence. The bounty you get at the moment for killing someone you can pay quite easily yourself. That is quite boring.

Looks like a business opening for a fuel rats type merc service. Provide screenshot/video evidence for a nice VOpal dump payoff. Failure to pay and the 'Gank Ferrets' come for you the trader 😂

At the moment you have to lurk around the typical spots a playerkiller is normally and try to have luck. But if you got shot just somewhere, it will be quite time consuming. I definitely wouldn't waste my time finding a special player.

That is the unfairness. You cannot really give such a person a consequence. The bounty you get at the moment for killing someone you can pay quite easily yourself. That is quite boring.
Agreed. It is currently a very one-sided system.

I did previously suggest a concept of tracer limpets: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/suggestion-tracer-limpets.392214/

Not sure if it is a good idea or not, but it is one way to solve this imbalance.

It would be nice, if you could put a bounty with your in game money on other players who killed you. The amount would be of the players choosing. If I like to have this person killed for 500 million it should be possible.

Some people like me are traders. What do we have? Money. What can we get quite fast? Money.

Most time it is possible to flee, but sometimes when you fly quite long distances and you have to go to the door because somebody is there and you come back and you are dead, it can be frustrating. Yes I could quit the game but be honest if you have to fly 400k lightyears, would you go offline or would you just put in supercruise?

It would be fair to get the people back with the thing you are good at. When you are a trader you are good at getting money. If you are a fighter you are good at combat. It is unfair to tell a trader to fight against a "professional" fighter.

The best thing, it is a winwinwin scenario. You give people money who like to fight and they fight people who also like to fight and the trader gamer can lessen his frustration a little with money.

we have young blood. this is good.
godspeed, cmdr!

Top Bottom