Putting bounty on real player who have killed you

What purpose would a PvP bounty achieve? Meaningless sense of retribution? Wouldn't it be better if game allowed for tracking a PKiller for a day or so instead, and you could tool up and track the killer yourself? Would make things more... interesting :cool:

What purpose would a PvP bounty achieve? Meaningless sense of retribution? Wouldn't it be better if game allowed for tracking a PKiller for a day or so instead, and you could tool up and track the killer yourself? Would make things more... interesting :cool:
well if it spawns NPC bounty hunters we could all club together to give the devs a 50 trillion credit bounty during a livestream, that'd be worth some popcorn

Player bounties, along with a long list of other simple and expected ideas for a game that's out 5 years, seem like a pretty reasonable request...which is exactly why they will never see the light of day. In fact - the more reasonable the request the less chance of it actually being implemented if elites history of development is to be considered.

I , like you, once was a dreamer. I believed that if people give good suggestions someone up top might take notice and make it be an actual thing.

Let me end your suffering - every possible good idea floating around in your head will never see the light of day.

Elite is what it is and the dictators at the top will never allow it to be anything more.

For reasons unknown.

I would really love if people would read all the posts...

First I don't want to hunt these people down myself, I like another gameplay. The only solution I have at the moment is blocking the player after I got killed. And what I'm searching for is an in game solution.

Second, as I mentioned before it is a total other experience to shoot an NPC or get shot down from NPCs. I get it, these people get a thrill out of it, mostly unfortunately when they are in an extreme superior position. It is OK, but I think there should be a possibility of an active consequence the killed player can choose (other than wasting lots of time).

Third I have nothing against it if other people want to be playerkillers. But to be honest, there are not really consequence. The "bounty" you are getting is nothing and you can pay it quite easy yourself. If these people don't want to shoot only NPCs or equal opponents ( I like the idea of inviting in a dueling zone), there should be a possibility for the other player to do something and not only except it as bad luck. As I told before, it is something else to be shot down from a real player. It is not getting them as salty. It is lessen the "salty" option for the weaker position. For the playerkiller it can get even more interesting if there are way more consequences (looking and choosing targets e.g. will be way more challenging). The only people who are loosing are the ones who want it easy and save to kill others.

Switching between solo and open only with the right gear is quite, how do I tell this politely, an anxiety issue.

So how do other players carry out the contract then? How do they "track" the target? These are pretty important stuff to have it working to even begin on your suggestion.

I get it that you do not want to learn combat, I get that you do not want to learn how to be a criminal. But your own refusal to learn about how this works, shows your lack of understanding of these matters when it comes to your OWN desires to be able to punish them. You are not the first one and certainly not he last one, that suggest things to fix something without proper understanding of how the game mechanics works, and that creates suggestions that sounds reasonably until you learn how it actually works.

You say there is no consequence for being a villain. What are your evidence of this? That they can attack you? That would not be evidence, that is how the game mechanics works. You and anybody else, can attack any ship at any time.

How would putting out a hit on the player killing you make you feel better? JaneDone blows you up, and you put a 50 million credits hit on her head. Then what? Do you have to pay it straight away? is there any time limit? Do you get any refund if the hit is not done within x days/months/years? Should you get notified if the hit done? Should you only pay upon death? and what happens if you do not have the funds at that time? etc, etc...
All important stuff...

And if you are to be notified you can be sure griefers are going to figure out how to make you the bad guy, and the put a hit out on you.... so now your suggestion will be used against you.... and griefer get a reward everytime the notification tells him that yet another victim have been killed... So no notifications then... so how used would this be in the end then? It would just basically be a black hole, were players pours credits in and noone can be sure that they are actually being used to reward the destruction of another player... Sounds like a great suggestion to get some peace of mind, or "revenge", lets face it, this suggestion is ALL ABOUT REVENGE...

Just check the evolution about measures taken against griefing, ramming other players around stations for example!

It was at one time OK to ram another play to death. it was not considered to be illegal, so I could sit outside the station, I see you coming, take my ship and ram into your ship until you died. You ended up on the rebuy, and I was free to do it all again...

So what did we get to combat this? it was a crime to bounce into someone killing them, but how do you decide who the culprit are? simple the one surviving the impact was deemed responsible for the destruction of the other player. Cue the next evolution of this... Suicide Sidewinder... they can barely hold together, and just a tiny bounce by any other ship and they go boom. way easier than before... so the station zero policy against crime, see you as the criminal, and promptly set out to destroy you... and in your case, it would probably we seconds before you also ended up on the rebuy screen...

So now we get speed limits, you now that nagging "speeding" thing... if you where going below the speed limit, you where "safe"... as now you did not end up as the villain for when the griefer destroyed their ship by crashing it into your ship... So many speeding players around station so this is still a thing... and to make matters worse, you can be flying at 99 and not be speeding, and still end up as the villain, because how the ingame physics works, someone crashing into you form behind can give you a speed boost, so now you might be travelling at 101, and we know that means... you are responsible for the destruction of that player, and station will do swift justice on your obvious criminal behaviour.... killing that poor player that did not "see" you when boosting towards the station...

Now combine this suicide griefing thing where you are put as the villain, first you get a rebuy and then an bounty on your head by the griefer.. all fun days for the griefer, and we will see you here in a flash complaining on how unfair it is... that you being double punished... here for not really doing anything wrong.... and there are multiple other ways to get people to be considered the villain...

Not understanding how the game works will create flawed suggestions...

Top Bottom