Ships Federal Corvette PvE optimal resistance spread with six shield boosters, check plz

(Un)fortunately, some things you learn after you 5-grade certain pieces of equipment, just to see how much better/easier things could be :oops:

Alas...
With 7A Shield Generator + G5 Thermal resistance/Fast Charge (this is a constant)

I plan to add (variables)
2x Shield booster + G5 Resistence Augmented/Flow Control
1x Shield booster + G5 Thermal Resistence/Flow Control
1x Shield booster + G5 Kinetic Resistence/Flow Control
2x Shield booster + G5 Heavy duty/Flow control

...which according to coriolis would yield...

Explosive res. 61%
Kinetic res. 55%
Thermal res. 62%
Shield: 2297 MJ

Question:
- Before I go into all this engineering... would this be "optimal resistance spread" for PvE? Now I have 56/37/65/1960.
🙏

Note::
I plan to swap this 6 engineered boosters among all my ships, hence kind of universal experimental effect.

This setup on coriolis:

Last edited:
A few pointers. Bigmaec's build is a better PvE ship. Also I do not understand why you are going for flow control instead of super capacitors. Basically all shield boosters should have almost always (except for some niche situations) have supercapacitor experimental. Just work with power elsewhere to make it fit.
Almost for pve, either go biweave and semi high resists or with reinforced prismatics. The fast charge A-class shield just is not very good because the fast charge of normal shields is still very slow compared to biweaves.
If you want to change only small things from your original idea, I tweaked it a bit.
Basically if you go with reinforced shields, then 1-2 thermal boosters, 2 HD and rest resistance augmented is the best. If you go for thermal resistance shields, you can just put 2 HD and all the rest for resistance augmented.

I do not understand why you are going for flow control instead of super capacitors
Seemed like a safe bet when swapping boosters among ships.
But you're right, I'll do the math re. power requirements and swap a few experimentals from flow control to super capacitors ...

I'm doin strictly pve and i found out that collisions (ramming) are a thing. Actually the thing.
Them NPCs will do it and you will do it too. And it means absolute damage
Also, apparently Plasmas are quite frequently equipped on higher ranked npc - again absolute damage.

So you may want to consider this build too. Less resists, but heavy on absolute shield values
And nothing beats boosting into a fleeing Anaconda and watch her explodes all over your canopy :)

If you really insist on resists, then go thermal 4 with a combination of 3 resist and 3 heavy duty but you will lose about 1200mj on absolute and 700mj on resists values.

Choices Choices :)

Last edited:
I'm doin strictly pve and i found out that collisions (ramming) are a thing. Actually the thing.
Them NPCs will do it and you will do it too. And it means absolute damage
Also, apparently Plasmas are quite frequently equipped on higher ranked npc - again absolute damage.

So you may want to consider this build too. Less resists, but heavy on absolute shield values
And nothing beats boosting into a fleeing Anaconda and watch her explodes all over your canopy :)

If you really insist on resists, then go thermal 4 with a combination of 3 resist and 3 heavy duty but you will lose about 1200mj on absolute and 700mm on resists values.

Choices Choises :)
The most annoying thing about thermal resist generators is the raise of integrity of the module. You absolutely don't need shield gen integrity on PvE vessels, but the thermal res is more effective on them. In PvP on the other hand you need high absolute shield mj AND a high generator integrity. Why can't I haz both? :cautious:

Top Bottom