PvP advice

not seen that video, but i guess most of those wizards use macros, e.g., auto-hotkey. that's why such a micro managed pip system is a bad idea skill wise, specially if you consider that 'full pips to x' is more often what you need rather than a fine-grained distribution of pips, so there's little compromise in automating.

Yep, I configured three buttons on my G402 mouse to simply repeat four keypresses with some 20ms delay in between. Everything I do for pips management is in sequences of four.

This gives me all I need and I don't even have 2-2-2 bound at all. Regardless of how pips happen to be distributed, when I press wep followed by eng, it gives me 0-4-2 (first it puts four pips in wep, then four pips in eng, leaving sys with 0 and wep with 2). Next I press sys and this gives me 4-2-0. Next I press wep-eng again, and I'm back at 0-4-2. This "4 pips to X" should be a thing in the control options just like the various "X% throttle" settings are.

Been putting in lots of practice aiming with my PA's at the local CZ

Top3 factors for hitting with PAs are:

1. Range control
2. Range control
3. Range control

The best advice I have ever received for PAs is to fire them at a distance where you just can't miss.

I guess you could say most players have premature plasma acceleration.

Something that has needed banging into my head is that using PA's much beyond 1km is fairly pointless - I might hit one in ten if I'm lucky.

I guess it's a case of learning patience even when you're opponent might be lashing into you with lasers or whatever. The temptation is to fire something back

Something that has needed banging into my head is that using PA's much beyond 1km is fairly pointless - I might hit one in ten if I'm lucky.

I guess it's a case of learning patience even when you're opponent might be lashing into you with lasers or whatever. The temptation is to fire something back
You can try focused or long range PAs, g5 they are twice as fast and hit much more reliably. But drawback is less damage and higher draw/thermal

Had a couple of good fights with Phisto today, first in my Mamba I (twice) failed to dodge his ram from his Clipper... Second fight in my Krait went much better, I actually dropped his shields and landed a few hits. Despite my efforts to stop it turning into a joust it sort of did, although attempts at orbiting worked in places. Pip management is now a thing, not a good thing, but it's happening!

In short it's getting better, but still resulted in a swift return to base... So far Schitt Stsynes is about the only person I beat, although (being fair) he did run out of ammo and that really helped!

Had a couple of good fights with Phisto today, first in my Mamba I (twice) failed to dodge his ram from his Clipper... Second fight in my Krait went much better, I actually dropped his shields and landed a few hits. Despite my efforts to stop it turning into a joust it sort of did, although attempts at orbiting worked in places. Pip management is now a thing, not a good thing, but it's happening!

In short it's getting better, but still resulted in a swift return to base... So far Schitt Stsynes is about the only person I beat, although (being fair) he did run out of ammo and that really helped!

That Krait was a real good look for you. Your orbiting and avoiding the rams was much better. I lost pretty handily to Staynes after that (the dumbfires on his Challenger did a real number on me!). I think he'll have a video up soon on his YouTube channel.

I'm not a Krait pilot but you may want to consider some plasma accelerators for those larges. I don't know how well long range does heat wise on a Krait but I know you'll have plenty of power available. Could be fun.

That Krait was a real good look for you. Your orbiting and avoiding the rams was much better. I lost pretty handily to Staynes after that (the dumbfires on his Challenger did a real number on me!). I think he'll have a video up soon on his YouTube channel.

I'm not a Krait pilot but you may want to consider some plasma accelerators for those larges. I don't know how well long range does heat wise on a Krait but I know you'll have plenty of power available. Could be fun.
Krait has the awesome c7 Distri, so if there is a medium that can take other PA blueprints than efficient it is the MkII or Phantom.

I put the lasers on in the hope I could keep up pressure, I miss so often with the PA's that it's a little pointless. I put them on other ships to use as practice, the CZ's have been quite helpful for this.

I put the lasers on in the hope I could keep up pressure, I miss so often with the PA's that it's a little pointless. I put them on other ships to use as practice, the CZ's have been quite helpful for this.

Have you tried LR PAs? Increased shot speed up to 1600 m/s (aka multicannon) with G5.

There are examples on the Internet of small ships being very effective against just about everything - mostly Vipers rather than Eagle's though. I can't help but note some god like flying skills going on!

Vulture seems to be the smallest that normal mortals can be really effective in, at least on their own.

I'm a bang average pilot and I've comfortably beaten a really good pilot with me in my Krait and him in his Viper, it was no real contest. Two Vipers would have been a problem.

Top Bottom