PvP advice

All things considered I think you did the smart thing! Checking out what we could do, what we were flying, and what our loadouts were can only help you in the next encounter (if there is one!).

But in all seriousness if you're down for some friendly practice in Carcosa come on by. I just worked up a Viper Mark IV for fun yesterday and would love to try it out. :)

If you are a Fed.

@Phisto Sobanii I also put together a small ship, Vulture for me, next time your around I'll give your ship a run! It's a bit of a spare parts build so it's not completely ideal but it's G5 mostly throughout so should be fun

Unfortunately it has PA's on it for practice so that Viper could be tricky to hit! The cheap rebuy is good too 🙂

can't find enforcer cannons here at Colonia.I upgraded my iEagle today with enhanced thrusters G5DD, PA and longrange pulses (not fully but...). It is a new way to fight. No problem to get away and inside, but you make not much damage to the enemy...

it is fun though...
Enforcer cannons are only available via power play, and you can buy them in every outfitting while you have them unlocked

One time in Battlefield there was a player by the name of suicide_bomber on my team.
He spent all evening putting C4 packs on his jeep, and then he'd go run into a tank or group of opposition players and BOOM.

Rinse.
Repeat.

I want to be able to load up my ship with explosives and then go fly near other players and BOOM.
Basically, I'd like the game to have more no skill, yet grossly overpowered, tactics available.

One time in Battlefield there was a player by the name of suicide_bomber on my team.
He spent all evening putting C4 packs on his jeep, and then he'd go run into a tank or group of opposition players and BOOM.

Rinse.
Repeat.

I want to be able to load up my ship with explosives and then go fly near other players and BOOM.
Basically, I'd like the game to have more no skill, yet grossly overpowered, tactics available.
I will only support this if a special ship is introduced for said 'Boom', and it is named the Achmed.

I will only support this if a special ship is introduced for said 'Boom', and it is named the Achmed.

A little on the racist side there.

Rinse.
Repeat.

Torpedos! Hear me out. The best you could do to get close to this is to have all hardpoints kitted with a mix of reverb and penetrator payload. Launch all of them and then boost with them into the player. Stealth is also your friend.

Or you could not die and hull stack for ramming. Like this fellow;

Practice definitely makes perfect. A week ago or so I fought Cmdr Staynes in his Beluga, we were both at 8% when another Cmdr decided to stick his oar in an the fight never finished.

This time I won with a happy 28% hull remaining, clearly improving. I shall discuss less the second fight when he got his favoured Challenger out and, well, it wasn't pretty!

Still more to be done but definitely improving. Having switched in G3 focused PA's helped too, I managed to land several hits with them, especially against the Beluga but also once or twice against the Challenger. Hitting some with a weaker weapon is still better DPS than missing basically all with a stronger one.

Are small ships even possible in PvP?
I love the small, fast ships but it seems they may be a bit 'fragile'.

Oh they're fragile but a half decent piot in a Viper is a serious pain to most opponents. Sure you have very limited ammo storage and DPS output but the moveset avalble to small ships blows everything else out the water. I'll scour the HDD for some amusing content an post a link somepoint soon.

Top Bottom