PvP PvP, Guardian Goods, And I Don't Like Ram Tah

I've been grinding the Guardian Goods(1) by snatching up keys, obelisk reads, and destroyed Sentinel parts.
I've a nice stack of weapons/module blueprints and resources - and I'm left with only this question: "Is any of this good for PvP?"

Is it possible to build a half way decent PvP ship using only Guardian Goods or is entering PvP with such a ship just an exercise in futility?

I figure I'll start with a Viper MK III and guardian upgrades (in line with any suggestions I read here) - for the simple fact that I don't want to blow a great deal of money on rebuys since I'm probably going to be dying quite a bit. That could be a good way to go, but then again, I might be really wasting my time.

Thoughts?

NOTES
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1: I now hate Ram Tah as much as I hate Felicity Farseer.

The guardian power plant and distributors are okayish, if you cannot engineer those yet. The module protection is better than the normal one, but needs power, so you have to make sure, that it still works with a damaged powerplant.

Guardian shield reinforcements can change classical hull tanks into shield tanks, that is good in itself. Extremely powerful on small ships where even c1 module can double bi-weave shields, or can give massive fast regen without sacrificing utilities for HD boosters. in 1vs1 bigger SCB's are better (if you know what you are doing), but being "uncascadeble" in wing fights is nice. Here is popular hull tank with total shields of FDL. FAS You can take out HD booster and scoop and replace it with chaff and another 2d guardian shield.

Last edited:
Using only guardian modules in PvP is the equivalent to having your strong arm tied to your back in a brawl.
Sure you can win, but if all works out as it should you'll gonna get spanked.

What I'm picking up is that I'll have about 1/2 a build then, which is okay.
I wanted to leave room to have an excuse when I lose. :D

What I'm picking up is that I'll have about 1/2 a build then, which is okay.
Yes, you might have to work with some difficulties, but guardian modules are somewhat comparable to G3 engineering. Sometimes even better, sometimes worse. The same is true for the weapons, they are mostly better than unengineered weapons.

I don't have the other engineer stuff that I'd need to fight you.
Then meander out this way and arrange a 'fair fight'! (These murderhobos out here are dead straight in arranged events) Then you can join in on the engineering grind. Just check which bubble engineers you need unlocked to gain the benefit of Colonia ones. (once things settle at home you may even be fortunate enough to fight me - that is a guaranteed giggle!)

Far more fun to be had out in the colonies than in the bubble - that place brings out my claustrophobia big time, it's so crowded :p

Then meander out this way and arrange a 'fair fight'! (These murderhobos out here are dead straight in arranged events) Then you can join in on the engineering grind. Just check which bubble engineers you need unlocked to gain the benefit of Colonia ones. (once things settle at home you may even be fortunate enough to fight me - that is a guaranteed giggle!)

Far more fun to be had out in the colonies than in the bubble - that place brings out my claustrophobia big time, it's so crowded :p

Most of the people out in Colonia want to murder me.

Apparently, they're so immature that when you call them fopdoodles on the forums, breath murderous threats, and promise to 'exterminate' them - well, they take that personally, and then overreact, and then start sharpening their weapons. Totally irrational response - maybe the atmosphere is especially thin out that way.

Point is: I didn't see that coming.

(Still grinding engineers. So. Much. To. Learn. I think ya'll have forgotten how far you've come in this game.)

Most of the people out in Colonia want to murder me.

Apparently, they're so immature that when you call them fopdoodles on the forums, breath murderous threats, and promise to 'exterminate' them - well, they take that personally, and then overreact, and then start sharpening their weapons. Totally irrational response - maybe the atmosphere is especially thin out that way.

Point is: I didn't see that coming.
Oh, Wargfoot, you have got it sooo wrong!

EVERYONE in Carcosa wants to murder you :p

I think two hyperspace jumps is the length of Phisto's 'premium extended warranty', so you did good.
I did brilliantly! The warranty was that it would definitely, probably, highly likely, last until I got out of the mailslot, or was it on the landing pad...

I was a little concerned with the external scarring, but Phisto explained that it 'added character' - that and the Gaffer Tape...

Last edited:
Top Bottom