Krait PvP Krait Phantom?

I had a lot of fun with original Crate mk.ii back then. And I heard that Phantom have better speed, maneuverability and heat management.

I have this in mind. Idea is to use SCBs as a heat source for conduit apa's. While keeping heat damage manageable.

Question is, how much more maneuverable this krate is in comparison to mk2? It was okayish, but not exactly gr8. Is it much different?

And how good heat dissipation is, compared to DBX or smth? Would OC plasma be an overkill?

Wonder if mk2 would be better for that build ...

Last edited:
Usual Phantom PvP loadout is a full reverski build with all rails.
Very much fun to fight :sick:

Ended up with the same. =)

OC APAs work in terms of heat and distro. I went with OC3, OC4 would work too. End up on 60% of my internals on average when I use all of my skill cells. For normal PAs OC3 as well.
Yet I'm not good enough to hit FDLs with slow plasma consistently(. Focused... well, I output more with rails.
Build does wonders on big ships but I rather fight them with my Cutter.

Inherited Crate mk2 boost model makes this ship boring, but it works. Quite competitive.

Last edited:
I'm not often into PvP, but when I do, I fly this one:
And it's good, especially against bigger ships.
Nice build! Very similar to mine, though I went with focused plasma's instead of efficient (I have a hard time hitting with those lower projectile speeds).

Usual Phantom PvP loadout is a full reverski build with all rails.
Very much fun to fight :sick:
Unfortunately reverski is the only choice for most ships.. not the players' fault though, because what else could they do, when their ship isn't maneuverable enough, to get an FdL or so into their line of sight?

Possible solution: A significant buff for turrets, especially at least partial immunity to chaff and dispersal field. But I doubt that's ever going to happen. In a game with useless turrets, reverski is our only choice, though.

Unfortunately reverski is the only choice for most ships.. not the players' fault though, because what else could they do, when their ship isn't maneuverable enough, to get an FdL or so into their line of sight?

Possible solution: A significant buff for turrets, especially at least partial immunity to chaff and dispersal field. But I doubt that's ever going to happen. In a game with useless turrets, reverski is our only choice, though.
Yep, and against NPCs they work like hell to.

I submitted to the dark side and built myself a railverski Krait

Didn't test it in PvP yet, but for extended CZ work it's fantastic.

I submitted to the dark side and built myself a railverski Krait

I liked the idea of the hi cap Rail-Krait and thus built something similar, thanks for the inspiration! :)

Not for reverski though, but more as a rail training platform. Nice punch it packs!

Would you mind sharing how you got the CG-Rails replicated in coriolis? Or did you just import the build from Inara/EDSM?

I liked the idea of the hi cap Rail-Krait and thus built something similar, thanks for the inspiration! :)

Not for reverski though, but more as a rail training platform. Nice punch it packs!

Would you mind sharing how you got the CG-Rails replicated in coriolis? Or did you just import the build from Inara/EDSM?
I used high cap as base and then manually added the correct values in Coriolis, you can edit modules with the wrench symbol.

New iteration of the build adds dual SCBs and changes some engineering.

I used high cap as base and then manually added the correct values in Coriolis, you can edit modules with the wrench symbol.

New iteration of the build adds dual SCBs and changes some engineering.

Ah wow, how did I even miss that option till now. 😅 thx!

This is my rail training/ bubble hopper/ weapons-to-engineer-transporter setup for now.
But also already made a concept for PvP out of it: Fighter Phantom. Looks quite similar to your second build... great minds think alike? ;)

Edit: What's the reason you use D-rated sensors over A-Rate lightweight? Would yield the same range, but much less weight. Less power draw, I guess?

Last edited:
Ah wow, how did I even miss that option till now. 😅 thx!

This is my rail training/ bubble hopper/ weapons-to-engineer-transporter setup for now.
But also already made a concept for PvP out of it: Fighter Phantom. Looks quite similar to your second build... great minds think alike? ;)

Edit: What's the reason you use D-rated sensors over A-Rate lightweight? Would yield the same range, but much less weight. Less power draw, I guess?
Power, integrity and G2 long range use less engi materials.

In my build above it's power mostly. Was hard enough to get the SCBs working, while keeping the PP with thermal spread
to mitigate the rail heat.

Power, integrity and G2 long range use less engi materials.

In my build above it's power mostly. Was hard enough to get the SCBs working, while keeping the PP with thermal spread
to mitigate the rail heat.
Makes sense. I always follow this somewhat irrational notion to get the ships as light and fast as possible, that I tend to overlook such options.
Definitely a hard setup to get working on an armoured PP though, thats for sure. Even more so with Prismatic Shields. Also why I resorted to the overcharged G3/ thermal spread PP. Depending on it's actual heat performance I might well have to make some compromise to be able to switch to the much preferable armoured PP.

Wouldn't be the first time, almost every single overcharged build I tried so far has proven to be problematic in that regard.

Top Bottom