Ships Python Build (Combat-Open)

Not bad, considering what level of engineering you have access to. Should be plenty for PvE encounters, and study enough to withstand player attacks, although you probably won't fare too well if you stick around to fight PvP-spec ships.

The Python has a huge powerplant, I'd consider making use of two shield cell banks in the 6 slots. You have the extra power for sure.

Looks all right for combat Python, by the way have your tried fast recharging bi-weave shield? And if you feel like this ship is too sluggish, buy the Krait mk2 and swap the modules. Krait is really awesome combat ship, lighter, faster and can fit a fighter bay.

ps. Shield cell bank combat Python thread. Weird animal, but fun overall.

I tried the size 6 SCBs. They kinda started cooking my ship, so I took them off. Maybe I'll give them another go. I've killed myself with heat before, so I get a little nervous when the cockpit starts smoking and spitting fire. :LOL: I also was running a size 6 Bi-Weave for a while, but I didn't notice any real recharge difference, but did notice a sizeable difference in how much punishment I can take. It wasn't engineered at all, though.

I'd considered the Krait, but cargo hauling is my bread-and-butter, mining being a close second now that it's more than point a laser and scoop. I decided to stick with the old standby because of this. I already have 6 or 7 ships, most of which are stripped of parts and collecting dust because I keep coming back to the Python.

Would y'all recommend swapping the military composites for reflective/reactive?

Btw, thanks for the help.

Looks all right for combat Python, by the way have your tried fast recharging bi-weave shield? And if you feel like this ship is too sluggish, buy the Krait mk2 and swap the modules. Krait is really awesome combat ship, lighter, faster and can fit a fighter bay.

ps. Shield cell bank combat Python thread. Weird animal, but fun overall.

Looking at the linked thread, I may try the 6B SCBs instead of 6As with a B-W. I like hull-tanking because I tend to get hyper-focused on killing whatever I'm on. Guess it's time to learn how to not be lazy.

Yeah, running a heat sink with the banks mitigates some of that heat. Dropping them one at a time shouldn’t hurt you too bad ol when the sinks run out.

As for reactives, they’re wildly expensive, and only worth it if you can max them out with engineering. Even then, they add a considerable amount to your rebuy, should things go south. Mil grade is plenty for PvE activities.

You may see them on min/maxed PvP builds, but many still choose to run lightweight alloys or milgrade, because reactives will cause your rebuy to increase more than double, in exchange for just a little more durability.

Top Bottom