Ships Python combat zone brawler build

Ya... never mind then.

I know what you mean the MKII and loadouts too, I have tried about every combo I can think of and nothing ever really feels right.
That's true.
If I'm in the mood of manually scooping I use my FdL, best bi-weave for fast regen and 4 pulses and a corrosive multi.
Problems begin when I want a "comfort" build with regen/concordant beams, a distro for that, a sizeful bi-weave, and all the extra things.

#firstworldproblems :LOL:

Dear cmdrs, please stay on topic. I created this thread to talk about the Python, not FdL or any other ship. Thank you ;)

Last edited:
Dear cmdrs, please stay on topic. I created this thread to talk about the Python, not FdL or any other ship. Thank you ;)
Sorry :censored:

I guess I'd use something like this

Fast regen bi-weaves assisted by two rapid charge banks and a heat sink for them.
Gonna make use of that sweet c7 distri.

Two feedback rails in case of banking/chaffing targets, long range to draw targets to you and to prevent drop off.

Three short range multicannons with incendiary and corrosive.
(Short range for the small oomph more than overcharged and to enforce trigger discipline, multis above 2km rarely hit anyways)
Decent hull in case your shields drop.

A small cargo rack and a collector to use in haz res or at the end of the fight.

You can build nearly exactly the same setup with a Krait mkII though, with the price of one smaller bank or a c5 prismatic,
gaining 80 m/s and permaboost instead.

@Northpin @Bigmaec Thanks, those are really good looking builds. Bi-weave, three SB's, large Guardian booster and two cell banks are the staple. I'm picking modules at Jameson as we speak. Speaking of cell banks... Some prefer B-class and more boosts and some prefer A-class for less yet more powerful recharges. Not sure what's gonna work on Python better, but something tells me it's better to have more recharge shots while the shield itself has fast charging values.

Bigmaec, I agree on Krait. I also recommend Krait when someone is thinking and asking on forums whether he should pick combat Krait or a Python. But we, more advanced pilots like to experiement and tinker on all ships often choosing the unorthodox way ;)

Python is not the best choice for CZ as it's a big, slow target.

I also have combat editions of Vette, Krait, Gunship, Chieftain, Crusader, Mamba, Vulture, but not the Python hence the idea to try SCB Python. More ships more fun and less ship transfering from a system to a system.

If you want a combat SCB Python the more SCBs the better.
B-rated SCBs have a little bit more MJ stored compared to A-rated, but nothing to write home about. As the CZ enemies don't have feedback cascade either it's personal preference which one to use. The only thing with b-rated size 6 is that you need to hotbank twice or synth some heatsinks.
I sometimes use a-rated size 6 and b-rated size 5 SCBs, so both have 5 charges. On the other hand if both are b-rated you have one size 6 charge left to remind you it's time to leave.

This is why I like edsy, it gives you heat estimates. Heat level and duration for hotbanking Bigmaec's build:
Untitled.png

I used 3 large overcharged frags and 2 medium efficient tv beams on my CZ Krait before I made it into a short range explorer. Usually I got through a High CZ without ammo synth.

I use my Python as my primary mission runner at the moment and I'm doing CZs and HazRes for combat rank farming in my Krait Mk II in a full PA-loadout, but if I would turn the "Psycho Killer" into a reload-CQB-Brawler, I would like to try out this loudout:

The SCBs are a bit overpowered for the bi-weave, but you could easily swap the second RA Booster for a HD one. With the MCs, you don't have to worry about those nimble little s swirming around you. Personally, I'd rather mount medium PAs. Or Feedback rails?
Hell, I will try it out with my Krait... .

I use my Python as my primary mission runner at the moment and I'm doing CZs and HazRes for combat rank farming in my Krait Mk II in a full PA-loadout, but if I would turn the "Psycho Killer" into a reload-CQB-Brawler, I would like to try out this loudout:

The SCBs are a bit overpowered for the bi-weave, but you could easily swap the second RA Booster for a HD one. With the MCs, you don't have to worry about those nimble little s swirming around you. Personally, I'd rather mount medium PAs. Or Feedback rails?
Hell, I will try it out with my Krait... .

Update:
I tried it out with medium gimballed MCs yesterday evening and this morning and got rather mixed results, but it was fun. Started with three Pacifiers (OC, 2 * Screening Shell, 1 Corrosive) end ended with two and a large fixed Cannon (OC, HYC) as planned. HazRes and low to medium CZs worked out really fine. Sneaky approach, less aggro than expected, 1M+ per run/reload. High CZs are a bit more tricky, finally had to ram a deadly ASPX to death and leave before victory, because all the guns were empty.
But I really enjoyed firing tons of hot lead again ... . 😈

I get about ~150% in heat spike during scb deploment. G5 shielded power plant + th.spread. Got one expanded heat sink, but I think it would be best to use thermal vent laser.

Top Bottom