Q09-Type Anomaly Found (mystery codex item?)

Credit for the pic goes to Cmdr. Martin Afonso in the screenies thread. Is this the mystery item from the trailer?

LmYCSxl.jpg

Actually, I googled Q09-Type Anomaly and a Youtube Vid comes up from 4 Hrs ago, of a commander chasing a little sprite through space, that emits lightning and zaps his ship pretty good. So maybe there are multiple types of Q09? That one looks different than this one.

Just thought people here would freak out/be interested in this. Surprised no one is talking about it, yet.

Ball lightning, maybe?

Yea, I'd be quite interested to see what the Codex calls it, or if it gives any other details. I'm still not ruling out that the one in Martin's pic is a different one altogether from the one in the video.

My guess is there are multiple different Q09-Type Anomalies out there. Martin's looks like what could be in the stylized picture we saw in the Codex during the trailer.

Very cool stuff!

Interesting...looks sentient. Lets not go trying to kill it like we did the Thargoids (Oresrians/Klaxxians).

AI?

Haha, agreed. Although it LOOKS sentient, it's always 'running' from the player - so it could be something as simple as magnetism (like two magnets pushing each other away) rather than real sentience.

Really interesting nonetheless, and I can't wait for more information to come out on the one in the first post - since it does appear to look different than the "lightning runner" in the vid.

Last bump since I think a lot of people would be interested in this. Here is the Youtube video of the lightning styled one - again, I'm not sure what the one in Martin's pic does or how it behaves in comparison:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xZtX_xR6pE
Both, the picture and the video, show the QO9-Type Anomaly in Alaunus near Alaunus 7. I was there about 9 hours ago, right after it was placed in the Codex. I shot some photos of it, too: Click

The QO9 starts to attack you when you are nearer than 170m, it shoots lightnings which strip down your shields. I did not test whether it is able to kill a ship. There are 3 places, Notable Stellar Phenomena, in Alaunus with these QO9-Types.

Both, the picture and the video, show the QO9-Type Anomaly in Alaunus near Alaunus 7. I was there about 9 hours ago, right after it was placed in the Codex. I shot some photos of it, too: Click

The QO9 starts to attack you when you are nearer than 170m, it shoots lightnings which strip down your shields. I did not test whether it is able to kill a ship. There are 3 places, Notable Stellar Phenomena, in Alaunus with these QO9-Types.

Nice! Many thanks for the research and info, CMDR! I'm not able to log on for a while, so this is all good stuff to know. Good pics as well!

Can it be scooped? I bet that would fetch a pretty penny..

The UA bombing may have gone but perhaps this could usher in a new era of anomaly bombing bwahahah

Last edited:
LOL ! Space magic confirmed. Hearthstones and teleportation mechanics meets :) WOOT! Awesome job FDEV loving this new direction. Can't wait until we meet the Space Cat people from previous games! :)

Yea, I'd be quite interested to see what the Codex calls it, or if it gives any other details. I'm still not ruling out that the one in Martin's pic is a different one altogether from the one in the video.

My guess is there are multiple different Q09-Type Anomalies out there. Martin's looks like what could be in the stylized picture we saw in the Codex during the trailer.

Very cool stuff!

I remember, pre-Horizons, traveling out to the Pleiades for the first time and seeing this light appear in front of the ship and dance about as I tried maneuver behind it. Others had encountered it too in other places. It was a bug of some kind having something to do with very bright stars in association with black holes? I can't help but wonder if this is a wink and a nod to that. Just a thought...

Last edited:
There are three bunches of them at the reported system in the bubble. They didn't run away from me, but they didn't like me being close either. Can be dangerous in close bunches. The lightning of one by itself isn't bad, but a cluster of them brought down my 3C biweave shield on a fly by.

I've scanned them with xeno scanner, composition scanner (multiple scans required to get all traits) and tried a sample limpet but the sample limpet just orbited the thing. Tried to pick one up, that didn't work at all. Mostly due to lightning.

I tried to scoop it but it just knocked my ship away and messed with my scoop camera. More than likely its not scoop-able yet but im going to test a few things >: 3

Top Bottom