QOL improvement, - enable us to set a "no sell" or "store only" flag on out modules

I'm not going to lie to you, I'm old enough to remember whne 3 1/2" floppy disk(ette)s were new and high tech, and that wasn't yesterday... However they had a really neat feature on them that no storage medium since has had, the write protection tab. Slide that little sucker into the correct position and the disk became read/write, slide it into the other position, the drive would physically not write to that disk, thus protecting the important files on that disk from accidental erasing.

So whats this got to do with elite? I was thinking that in outfitting screen we could have a little slider on certain modules that would enable them to enter "store only mode" and the outfitting screen would prevent the player from selling them until the flag was removed. Why do this? I've personally caught myself switching out modules and buying the new one and accidentally exchanging the old, sometimes engineered, other times powerplay locked, module against the new one, when I actually meant to put it in storage but fortunately been able to buy it back before launching. And I guess I'm not the only one to have cursed their own ineptitude when it dawns on them three jumps later that they have inadvertently px'd a module they didn't want to sell. I'd also guess that there have been a number of tickets about this sort of thing over the half a decade that elite has been running now, so my suggestion is aimed at taking stress off players, and reducing the workload off support.

Its just an idea, I welcome opinions for and against it, and if there is enough spport for it here, we might even see it implemented as a minor tweak buried in a set of patchnotes one day?

Top Bottom