QOL Suggestions for Ship Purchases ETC

I just have some ideas that would smooth some things with Ship purchases and Module Purchases.

Note These suggestions also preserve the reward and effort in unlocking Elite Status

-Ship and Module Catalog-
If you are at a station where a ship is not available, you have the option to order one from the station closest that has that ship available. Obviously the station that you are at will have to have shipyard and outfitting available.

This would cost some more credits and maybe a finders fee to have the ship transferred
This would also require time to have the ordered items transferred to your location
This would also apply to Modules as well

This would make purchasing ships while abroad easier while still preserving the incentive and reward for unlocking Founders World

The incentive still for unlocking Founders World would be no extra fees and no wait times for ship or module transfers.
Having just a catalog without the ability to purchase would be a great reference material for new commanders and experienced ones, being able to see all ships and base values in game without going to an external source.

Great suggestion .... just one niggle, it is close to the line of making the game too easy. What about stations you haven't visited yet?

Also: Jameson's Memorial / Founders World / Shinrarta Dezhra isn't as great as some may think it is.

Great suggestion .... just one niggle, it is close to the line of making the game too easy. What about stations you haven't visited yet?

Also: Jameson's Memorial / Founders World / Shinrarta Dezhra isn't as great as some may think it is.

Yeah I can see it would be close to making things too easy but it could be balanced in such a way that it is more worth in the situation you are in to wait and pay more then to say go and buy that ship or module you need.

As for stations you haven't visited yet, that could be a way as well to balance it too would be that if you haven't been to a station where you could purchase said ship then you cannot purchase that model until you visit a station that has those things available.

Shinrarta Dezhra is a pain from time to time. If you are referring to the negative activity out there then yes. I buy ships and modules almost daily, more so on modules so I'm in and out of Shinrarta Dezhra constantly because I don't feel like using EDDB to find everything other than commodities and materials.

dxm55

Banned
Yeah. Ordering ships online and having it delivered to you should be a thing in the 34th century.
Let's get with the mood of this game and give that 34th century online store a name.
How about Shamazon? 😏

After all, them ancients saps back in the 21st century already had the option to buy things thru the interwebs....

I think a better QOL around the shipyard/outfitting would be the ability to transfer modules directly from other ships.

Yup, full module stripping and shipping from other ships.

I use some cheap ships as module storage to keep useful, but seldom used modules, from clogging up my limited space (like PP weapons that won't be fitted to many ships) but if I want to use it I have to manually fly to and remove the mod. only to then have to fit it to a ship that's not ready or fly back to where I'm building my new spaceship and ship the newly removed module over to it.

That's some next lvl sodding about.

If you are at a station where a ship is not available, you have the option to order one from the station closest that has that ship available. Obviously the station that you are at will have to have shipyard and outfitting available.

And afterwards find you have ordered a Conda and had it delivered but the station doesn't have large launching pads so it's stuck permanently in the station o_O

And afterwards find you have ordered a Conda and had it delivered but the station doesn't have large launching pads so it's stuck permanently in the station o_O
Unlikely as shipyards are always in stations with L pads :)

Back to the OP : A bit unsure about it, but OTOH I mostly find I go to Shinrarta (or Brestla if I have an acct without the permit yet), so something probably needs doing as I'm sure I'm not the only one ignoring the whole 'search randomly for stuff' aspect of the game.

For ships fdev could add unavailable ships into the yard with a 'nearest vendor' / 'buy and transfer' options which would be neat,

Modules you could do similar, show all modules and point out where they are available locally, plus the option to 'buy and transfer'.

This would also get around the issues where people don't know that modules are actually available - how anyone would find in-game that Advanced Thrusters are available from certain engineers is a headscratcher. Would also highlight the PP modules, which are also buried.

So basically - rework outfitting and shipyward completely (it is overdue!) :)

I'd like to see an overhaul of the shipyard interface that allows me to modify the build of ship that I have in storage or purchase to a specification, from available modules (sold on site or from another ship / personal inventory held at said station), and have them deliver it locally or to a designated station subject to suitable pad availability / restictions (e.g. permit).

Top Bottom