Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Downloaded the game yesterday, started playing and after 6 hours, had to peel myself away from it at 1am so I could get a few hours sleep before work. 4.9 stars on the first island, just need more dinos to make the crowds happy.

I'm having a really good time with the game, excited for the next islands and future content as well, but we're missing a couple key QoL improvements that either I can't figure out, or aren't implemented.

1: Vertical Camera Controls/Camera snapping. Zooming in and out is great, but I can't figure out how to raise and lower the camera while angling around an object or in free cam. When I placed my first hatchery, my camera was stuck down near the ground and I couldn't raise it unless I backed up against a mountain, it took me 10 minutes to place down the path for the joint because I couldn't see what I was doing. I would like to click on a building, have the camera lock onto it, and then be able to use keys or the mouse to raise/lower and rotate the camera around, with the added ability to snap the camera to an object/building/dino/visitor.

2: Object snapping/finer rotation controls. I've got 2 buildings that are about 3 degrees off being lined up with my sidewalk and there's no fixing it. Either A: let me put the building up against the path then keep the angle it's set at once I move it away from the path, or B: give me finer control over the rotation by 1 or .5 degree rotation increments so I can get stuff straight. OCD is tilting me off the planet.

3: Time controls: on the fence about this one, pun intended. If I want to re-design a critter pen, it would be great to be able to pause the game and do it, instead of relocating 20 plus dinos to a temporary holding pen just to fix 10ft of fencing to make room for a substation, then move all 20 dinos back. I get that the current method is more "realistic" but my only alternative is tranq'ing 20 dinos at once and hoping they don't wake up and break free while I fix the fence.
*Side note: Adding a fast forward option to skip the wait on research times would be appreciated as well. There are long gaps where nothing happens while I'm waiting for fossil research that would be great to fast forward through.

4: Moving objects once placed: I would happily pay the loss on replacing a building if I could just move it, instead of full demo and complete rebuild. Without the ability to pause time, if I want to move my power plant 10 feet to the north, I have to demo it. To do that, I have to build an all new one somewhere else in the park(or lose all power to several facilities/fences), place a second power plant where I want it moved to, then demolish the first one. In total, you're forced to demo 2 power plants just to move 1 a couple feet over. On top of costing 2.8 trillion dollars to move a building 10 feet, it makes "designing" the park extremely tedious. As a player low on funds, you're basically forced to make due with your initial placement. I get that forward planning would help this, but this is my first "Park Simulator" game and it doesn't make much sense to me. Moving a substation 5 feet over to allow for a wider footpath, same deal.

Just some thoughts, like I said, I'm really enjoying the game, just feel like these ideas would remove some of the tedium.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom