Quarantine

Before reading this thread, I suggest reading my other thread because this is kinda an extention of that request if you haven't read that thread already: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/rescue-rehabilitation-and-release.519589/

(This idea will only work if Diseases will be a game) There should be some kind of "Quarantine Center" type building in the game. Like in my other thread, there should be a roster showing wild animals in need of Quarantine. This building type can and should be attached to, preferably, an empty enclosure in a safe distance from the rest of the animals. Here, your veterinarians (If that will be a thing in the game) will take care and try to cure the animal as quickly as possible before the symptoms get worse. If the animal is successfully cured, you will have an option to keep it, or release it back into the wild with each decision having its corresponding Pros and Cons.

(If transportation from enclosure to enclosure is possible) You can also send animals already in your park to Quarantine if necessary, if not necessary, you may send Veterinarians to a sick animal and cure it on the spot.

Curing may fail, resulting in most likely death because diseases in Quarantine (As far as I know) are fatal diseases. Related to what I said in the above paragraph, non-fatal diseases are not necessarily required to be transported to Quarantine and may just be cured on the spot (Unless that non-fatal disease spreads quickly)

This building should be able to be attached to multiple enclosures (Depending on how big you make the building) to allow you to cure more than one animal before the disease spreads to the entire zoo.

Edit: To make things clear, It would be like the Hotel machanism in Planet Coaster where you only needed to attach it to a structure for it to function. It wouldn't be a ready made building, it's still going to be customizable by the piece by piece building system.

Last edited:
I think this is probably something we will get the opportunity to build ourselves if we like, rather than a preset placeable area :) I like the idea of rescuing wild animals and getting to heal them, though! I think if not possible in sandbox, it would make the career mode very interesting and rewarding.

I, for one, will definitely be making some kind of medical/quarantine area in all my zoos, and I'm hopeful for some kind of fence type or item that you can open/close to give animals access (or not!) to a separate part of their enclosure, like a hatch or gate or something to that effect, so we can have multiple indoor areas that could serve as quarantine/separation if needed. I think we will probably be able to pick up and place animals down in different enclosures very easily, regardless :)

I think this is probably something we will get the opportunity to build ourselves if we like, rather than a preset placeable area :) I like the idea of rescuing wild animals and getting to heal them, though! I think if not possible in sandbox, it would make the career mode very interesting and rewarding.

I, for one, will definitely be making some kind of medical/quarantine area in all my zoos, and I'm hopeful for some kind of fence type or item that you can open/close to give animals access (or not!) to a separate part of their enclosure, like a hatch or gate or something to that effect, so we can have multiple indoor areas that could serve as quarantine/separation if needed. I think we will probably be able to pick up and place animals down in different enclosures very easily, regardless :)
As I said (Sorry I didn't make that part clear) The building is customizable with the piece by piece building system. I think I said "It depends on how big you make the building" which I thought would hint that the building is customizable.

It would be one of those building types like in Planet Coaster like the hotel, you only need to attach that to a structure to make a working hotel.

Y'know, you could just make an exhibit on the outskirts of your zoo and call it a quarantine, just plop down the newly adopted animal and volia!
First of all, I respect that. Second of all, you spelled "voila" wrong🤣(I think). Third of all, you could do that, but it would be way cooler and much more realistic if they added this to the Planet Zoo.

This feature has a high chance of making it into the game if animals can get sick. Maybe not exactly as I pictured it, but either way, there's still a chance.

Well you can build simi-indoor areas with the piece by piece building system, so its possible to probably make an indoor quarantine area. Also, in one of the gameplay videos, you can see the staff hiring tab, and it shows that vets are in the game.

Well you can build simi-indoor areas with the piece by piece building system, so its possible to probably make an indoor quarantine area. Also, in one of the gameplay videos, you can see the staff hiring tab, and it shows that vets are in the game.
Yessssss, Veterinarians!!!! I wasn't observing the video that much so I didn't know vets were a thing in the game. Soooo...Yessss!!!!

Top Bottom