Question about conflict zones

It seems like when you enter one of these conflict zones via frontline solutions, there's at least a chance that you'll engage in actual PVP as well as PVE. My question is, will there be some sort of matchmaking for this...? I'm just wondering since, if there isn't I can already see problems of people with heavily engineered weapons and suites just mowing people down like they're nothing... and that's likely going to be extremely frustrating especially for new players.

Additionally, will the PVP aspects be turned off whilst playing solo? since then I suppose it would at least satisfy the "well just play in single player" people.

It will probably work exactly like conflict zones in space do - if you're playing open you can get instanced with any other player that happens to be in that conflict zone. If you don't want to get mowed down by engineered players, play in solo.

I can already see problems of people with heavily engineered weapons and suites just mowing people down like they're nothing... and that's likely going to be extremely frustrating especially for new players.
Sounds like most FPS's of the last ten years where if you dont play for 7 days straight immediately after launch all the other players will have unlocked all the best gear. I would suggest fdev balance this by increasing combat bonds for shooting people with engineered gear and having the UI highlighting those players.

Just wondering, whats to stop me overflying the CZ in a frag equiped eagle and peppering everyone?

I wont be doing PVP at 21fps, so I'll leave the PVP testing to people with uber rigs, or a deathwish :)

Roll on Optimization.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Just wondering, whats to stop me overflying the CZ in a frag equiped eagle and peppering everyone?

I suspect these conflict zones will not be combined arms. Looks like an infantry only affair.

Edit: We can see a destroyed SRV at 1:30 but it may very well be just decoration.

I suspect these conflict zones will not be combined arms. Looks like an infantry only affair.

Edit: We can see a destroyed SRV at 1:30 but it may very well be just decoration.
It'll certainly be something to try out.

Locate these ground based conflict zones and interfere with them via ship, srv or even foot. I wonder if they will even be instanced if you aren't signed up?

It'll certainly be something to try out.

Locate these ground based conflict zones and interfere with them via ship, srv or even foot. I wonder if they will even be instanced if you aren't signed up?
Hopefully they are instanced in some way, i had problems playing in open since all the missions were at specific sites, people would just camp them the better suit and guns and kill anyone that landed, had to play in offline for a bit to get enough money for gear. i can see that if they're in static locations that people would just camp the area in ships, blowing anyone up on the ground

Sounds like most FPS's of the last ten years where if you dont play for 7 days straight immediately after launch all the other players will have unlocked all the best gear. I would suggest fdev balance this by increasing combat bonds for shooting people with engineered gear and having the UI highlighting those players.

CAP or AAA or just a lot of shoulder launched rockets.

Does anyone know the effect radius of an antishield grenade?

Top Bottom