Question about DCS

Deleted member 110222

D
Maybe I'm just wearing rose-tinted glasses after seeing the Red Arrows.

That said, I think it's harmless enough to make an enquiry about something available on Steam.

I have an X52 and Thrustmaster pedals, plus of course my mouse and keyboard? Could I realistically run DCS with this equipment, depending on plane of course?

Depends on your PC too as this sim will happily gobble all the available power from even the latest, most powerful CPUs and graphic cards. But yeah controller wise you are fine with stick + throttle + pedals. One very important addition to that is a TrackIR or similar as it gives a huge advantage (or one of those high res VR helmets, if you can afford them and the PC that goes with them..).

Deleted member 110222

D
Depends on your PC too as this sim will happily gobble all the available power from even the latest, most powerful CPUs and graphic cards. But yeah controller wise you are fine with stick + throttle + pedals. One very important addition to that is a TrackIR or similar as it gives a huge advantage (or one of those high res VR helmets, if you can afford them and the PC that goes with them..).
At least I have the peripherals.

I'll look into system requirements of course, knowing this now.

I just got into DCS recently and I use a T16000 with no pedals. Plays just fine. You should have no trouble with the x52. I'm waiting for the new Ryzens but I play with an i7-3770 and a 1060 6gb with 16gb ram. I had to mess with the settings a little but it can handle 60-80fps at 1080p about 90% of the time. I don't play MP so I'm sure it would drop. I'd say my settings are "medium". I have the A-10C and Flamming Cliffs 3 modules.

With free base version you also get fully clickable civilian version of the WW2 Mustang and full access to the powerful mission editor.

The Frogfoot is ridiculous with the amount of guided AT missiles it can carry. A pain to target tho. DCS' flavour comes with the clickable cockpits imo. And cluster bomb modelling.

Yeah, just give it a go. The only thing you're missing is an easier/better field-of-view, so headtracking or VR. But unless you get into helicopters (or ww2), you'll be able to reasonably make do without.

And as previously said, just give it a go. Base game comes with the Su-25T, the heavier and more advanced version of the old Su-25. It's fun to fly as its weight make it a different beast from the 9074232346 jet fighters otherwise available, and packs a serious amount of missiles. Pro-tip: if you get into the campaign, start your first few sorties with the ELINT pod and KH-58 missiles to take out the long range SAMs as no-one else will do it for you otherwise. Then and only then go down the Vikhr route for the front line, and do so from far away, ideally coming from the sea and never getting close. I wish the 25T had a full module, or at least a clickable cockpit.

You'll also get a no-weapon version of the Mustang to fool around if that's your thing.

Deleted member 110222

D
This might be a long-shot, but do you think I could get EDtracker working in DCS? I already have one.

Deleted member 110222

D
Perhaps join the regular DCS chat then? We have a whole thread for it.

Just accept outside of naval assets and the Harrier, I will generally be full of disappoint.
Now I feel like an idiot. RIP. But you're right.

Top Bottom