Question about megaship/structure scanning

Yesterday I entered a Banner class bulk cargo ship POI 3 times, each time they asked me for:

1.- Break hatch to release rescue pods (need scan)
2.- Repairs on several points (need scan)
3.- Four marauders were attacking, after elimination asked for scan and repairs (need scan)

The thing is that I could only get up to 300m of the scanning point (in the center of the ship model) and could not use de Data Link Scanner to get the repair/break hatch points. Tried for a while looking for something else to scan going around the ship but nothing, missed something? there's other way to do it?

The 200m scan range of the Data Link Scanner seems very restrictive, maybe 500 - 750m would be better if the problem is that the point is too much "centered" in the structure.

Anyone got this problem or similar?

I've had this in the past when trying planetary scans in my Corvette and the nose hit the ground as I got in scanning range. The problem went away when I switched to doing these in my Python or Cobra. Maybe a smaller ship would help here too.

I think no in this case, because there was no space to get near, the ship is surrounded by the cargo panels and can't get near, getting a higher scanning distance would be the best solution, or that the scanning point is not centered on the structure but in the surface of it

You have to deploy the hardpoints for the Data Link Scanner to work on mega ships and target the ship and scan, then you can scan the ship from KMs away...
the FIrst scan is not at the location of the ships beacon its of set and if you aim wrong it will never highlight for the scan location..
It then displays sub targets after the scan... and then you use the sub system target to fire repair limpets...

You have to deploy the hardpoints for the Data Link Scanner to work on mega ships and target the ship and scan, then you can scan the ship from KMs away...
the FIrst scan is not at the location of the ships beacon its of set and if you aim wrong it will never highlight for the scan location..
It then displays sub targets after the scan... and then you use the sub system target to fire repair limpets...

Ok, would double check the deploy hardpoints stuff, Im not sure if deployed them (removed autodeploy on fire to avoid missfire incidents), also on both cabin modes (combat/analysis)

Thanks for the reply

yep make sure hardpoints are fully deployed and that you spam the target lock or use the left pannel multi times... for the first discovery scan on mega ship...
As that can be done many km from ship...
D_HU4TOWsAA5rnr

D_HS9BuXkAAWc4o

Sub target scans can then be done only at a reduced range... 500m to 300m depending on size of object to be scanned...

Last edited:
Top Bottom