Powerplay Question about missing rank 5

So, I, like probably many others, am going to miss my rank 5 for the first time this cycle. I'm at 7300 merits with 2 days to go, definitely not going to cut it unless Frontier releases a patch that eases interdictions today, which I'm not expecting.

When I first reached 10,000 merits, I had to wait a full cycle before I got the payout of 50M Cr. Now, if I miss it, am I losing that payout right away or is it going to be delayed one cycle, like when I got there? I'm guessing the former but thought I would ask.

Last edited:
Great, at least, I'm not losing everything.

Cheers!

Got to remember that I'm paid for the rank I was during the current cycle.

Last edited:
So, I, like probably many others, am going to miss my rank 5 for the first time this cycle. I'm at 7300 merits with 2 days to go, definitely not going to cut it unless Frontier releases a patch that eases interdictions today, which I'm not expecting.

When I first reached 10,000 merits, I had to wait a full cycle before I got the payout of 50M Cr. Now, if I miss it, am I losing that payout right away or is it going to be delayed one cycle, like when I got there? I'm guessing the former but thought I would ask.

With 2,700 merits to go, you could fast track fortifications. That'll cost you less than 27 million credits and will put you ahead of the rank 4 payout by 18 million. But that only works if you're willing to work for it.

With 2,700 merits to go, you could fast track fortifications. That'll cost you less than 27 million credits and will put you ahead of the rank 4 payout by 18 million. But that only works if you're willing to work for it.

Martin,

Thanks for reminding me. I forgot about that one.

However, not sure I want to do it. Without knowing what Frontier will do with borked interdictions and when they might do it, I might find myself struggling again next cycle. I have 160M in the bank right now. With my payout this cycle, that will be 210M tomorrow. I was thinking of getting an Anaconda so that I could load up more documents at once since it's exactly the same trip. Plus, the configuration I'm looking at for the Anaconda would have longer jumps than my Python, so trips could be shorter. I can pretty much stack up my cargo all day to have a full hold when I play during the evening. So, that was my plan after I realized I would miss rank 5.

But, again, thanks for the tip. I forgot about fast track, even though I see it every day!

What are you talking about? Made 10k merits in just one week! :D

Proof: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=191554

I may failed around 2-3 interdictions, I think they feel smoother now (and yes they are harder).

Hmmm.. and how is this supposed to make me feel or help me? I do everything I can. The first couple of evenings after 1.4 was released, I could barely earn 100 merits by undermining. Yesterday, I made 420. But if the interdictions are not bugged for you, then I can imagine you're not failing many, which is not the case for me.

Hmmm.. and how is this supposed to make me feel or help me? I do everything I can. The first couple of evenings after 1.4 was released, I could barely earn 100 merits by undermining. Yesterday, I made 420. But if the interdictions are not bugged for you, then I can imagine you're not failing many, which is not the case for me.

Depends, what ship are you flying, prolly a Python, right?

Top Bottom