Question About Terrain Raising

Loved the terrain tools shown in the Livestream today (5/11). We saw how lifted terrain can either envelop or rise around objects. If there is an existing path, would raising the terrain beneath it lift the path as well?

Loved the terrain tools shown in the Livestream today (5/11). We saw how lifted terrain can either envelop or rise around objects. If there is an existing path, would raising the terrain beneath it lift the path as well?

That is a question i asked for the stream. Would be nice to make a path and sculpt the terrain then.

That is a question i asked for the stream. Would be nice to make a path and sculpt the terrain then.

What if we use natural paths first? Seems like since they use the terrain as the path they would have to move with the terrain...? And then change them via the texture change tool to regular path types. I wonder if this will work?

I think the paths (as well as scenery) won't move with the terrain as it would be more often than not broken after finishing it. Everytime you see grass turning into rock probably means that edge is too steep for a path. if you would lay your path and then start terraforming the path would need to turn in to stairs and work around your terrain. In my opinion that would just way to complicated with all the possibilities you have when terraforming. So do the terrain first and then lay out your paths however you like [happy]

Top Bottom